Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A story I need to share.

I_wesley125

I need to share a story, This happened to me when I was 14.

I had very bad depression back then, I wanted to kill myself so I took our 1911 and I cocked it, it had a magazine in it and a shell came out so I knew it was loaded, I pulled the trigger at my head and nothing happened, it was the last round in the magazine.

I would be dead right now if that gun had another round in it, obviously I'm glad I am alive.

I thought my life was horrible and could not get better, but it did.

So if you are thinking about killing yourself take this real life example of how your life WILL get better, even if it seems like shit now.

I just kinda needed to share this story, sorry if you are sick of all these threads.

Edited by Rainbow--Dash
  • Brohoof 4

Miraculously sort of coincident, not trying to get religious on you.

But you should really appreciate your life and be thankful for it :)

I'd consider it a blessing.

~

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Miraculously sort of coincident, not trying to get religious on you.

But you should really appreciate your life and be thankful for it :)

I'd consider it a blessing.

~

To be honest, it has made me consider the idea of a god, but coincidences are bound to happen to somebody so I don't know

what to think about it.

I don't like that wording of that, what I mean by god is "divine intervention" of sorts.

Be it a god or something else.

Edited by Rainbow--Dash

Hope you know now life is too precious a thing to simply let go of.

I'm glad to hear your better, It'd be a terrible place in this world

for those closest to you if you were gone.

That's almost like me... But I wanted to jump from a roof... But I decided not to do it (this was at age 13). And now my life is just amazing. I am glad I never did it, life gets better :)

Edited by Mikael

That is absolutely terrible. I'm really, really glad that it didn't work in the end. Suicide and depression are the some of the WORST things. It's great that you've gotten help now :)

Edited by PinkieDaShy

(edited)

Good job at hiding the firearms, parents

Glad to hear it wasn't loaded. 14 years old is very young, there's so much to live for.

It's my parents 1911, I want to get my own when I can legally. Edited by Rainbow--Dash

I need to share a story, This happened to me when I was 14.

I had very bad depression back then, I wanted to kill myself so I took our 1911 and I cocked it, it had a magazine in it and a shell came out so I knew it was loaded, I pulled the trigger at my head and nothing happened, it was the last round in the magazine.

I would be dead right now if that gun had another round in it, obviously I'm glad I am alive.

I thought my life was horrible and could not get better, but it did.

So if you are thinking about killing yourself take this real life example of how your life WILL get better, even if it seems like shit now.

I just kinda needed to share this story, sorry if you are sick of all these threads.

I used to be as well. I thought that our family's revolver would do the trick but now i realize that it would definitely have been the wrong decision. And i'm the same age as you were, so i feel you bro. Anything you need, talk to papa rainbow (me)

I used to be as well. I thought that our family's revolver would do the trick but now i realize that it would definitely have been the wrong decision. And i'm the same age as you were, so i feel you bro. Anything you need, talk to papa rainbow (me)

Thanks, its a good thing it wasn't a revolver or I would be dead.

I am mostly over all of my depression.

Thanks, its a good thing it wasn't a revolver or I would be dead.

I am mostly over all of my depression.

i'm lucky my dad keeps the bullets. I'm over mine though, and remember i'm open to talk. I'm actually a very persuasive and caring speaker.
  • Brohoof 1

You should consider yourself extrememly fortunate :)

I'm glad to hear that you're better now! If you ever feel depressed, you can always talk to us, we'll help.

Americans and their guns... I'm glad you were lucky, but that might now have been the case.

Hmm, now that I think about it, even though I've been depressed and vaguely have considered suicide, I don't think I could ever have the courage to do it, you know. Fear is what keeps me living.

• Brohoof 1

Holy crap that was a close call. You can't trust guns in a household.

You can if your responsible, plus I have no intention of doing it again.

Better to have a gun then get murdered by someone who tries to break in.

Yeah, I was depressed about a year ago. I was going through some sort of identity crisis. I didn't know what my purpose in life was; I didn't think I had one. I kept thinking about ways to.. Kill myself, and I decided that I wanted to stick my head in between two heavy objects, and twist my neck, hoping it would snap and I would die. I started texting my friends saying goodbye, because an hour from that moment, I was going to attempt it. One of my friends told her mother and her mother called my mother, and well, let's just say that the night did not go well at all.

I went to a counselor, but honestly, she didn't help at all (no offense to her). I tried fighting off the suicidal thoughts more and more, hoping and praying that time would heal my depression. I believe in the saying "Time heals everything". My suicidal thoughts were going away, but I still felt really depressed. I felt like my life was missing something.

The next thing you know, I discover ponies. They brought so much joy to my life, and knowing that a LOT of other people love ponies as well made me feel happier than ever. The day I discovered MLP, my depression was healed. This show may have saved my life, but I don't want to sound too dramatic or unreal.

Also, the show's fanbase inspired me so much. Specifically the music produced by bronies. Those bronies inspired me to begin learning how to make music, and well, I'm learning a little bit more every day ! I think my purpose in life is to be a musician.

I am glad to be alive and happy!

• Brohoof 1