Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who wears glasses and why?

Dashie23

I have minor near sightedness so it could be my excuse to wear glasses.

My main reason is it kind of masks my face in a way and makes me look friendly and harmless, because most people I met said I look like some cold blooded soldier or serial killer without my glasses, though I'm a pretty nice guy unless people cross my bottom lines.

• Brohoof 1

I wear them because I'm near-sighted and I don't want to go through lasik or any other kind of eye-surgery. I only have two of them; I've heard some scary stories from people who had unsuccessful attempts to repair their vision and I don't want to be on that forum with my own story.

Other than that fear, the other reason I wear glasses is because I generally like how they look on people. Contacts seem like a pain in the rear and don't seem to be worth the time for me.

I wear glasses.

They were perscribed to me because my vision is exceptionally bad for my age. I cant see within a few feet in front of me.

I even have perscription sunglasses B)

my eyes are bad but not terrible like most people.... oh and yeah I wear glasses

my vision got screwed up in the first grade because I was gaming a lot and sat too close to the TV

and to make things worse in the seventh grade a rock was thrown at my left eye now every time I close my right eye everything is blurry

for the longest time I never really wore them unless I needed them but now I have grown to accept them and I don't take them off unless there is a reason to take them off

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame

I do :( I have both really bad myopia and astigmatism. For those who don't know, myopia (a.k.a. farsightedness) is when you can't see far away objects clearly. As for astigmatism, it's basically when your eye's cornea or lens is shaped so abnormally, it causes blurry eyesight. With these two conditions combined, my eyesight is so bad that I can't even see relatively close objects clearly. Put it this way: in order to read this text, my face would have to be about 3 inches away from the screen.

Edited by LatinoChurro

I don't wear glasses because my vision is alright, and even when I had to wear glasses, I didn't wear them often because they fogged up a lot which annoyed me. 

Yeah, that's one thing that sucks about glasses. I often find myself cleaning them.

I wear glasses as I have nearsighted vision. Most of the time when I am out and about I wear contacts.  

I don't really prefer glasses vs contact lenses, in some instances one just works better than the other. 

I wear glasses cause of nearsighted like if you where standing In front of me with out my glasses you would be bleary as... Something that's bleary :3