Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

The first movie was well... how do I put it. Different.

I enjoyed it, but nowhere near as much as the normal show.

Not sure if I'm too keen to watch the new movie when its out.

From what I've seen it looks a bit stupid (Sorry to those who disagree), but thats just my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

i just hope they make a good sequel i would rather have a movie with ponys in it

but yeah when they want to go the human way again 

we can't stop them the first movie was well made i enjoyed it 

and i hope rainbow rocks will be a good movie as well

^^

Anyone hyped for this movie? ^^"

I still am, although some may not be as much as others. ^^"

I mean, Twilight Sparkle, in RAINBOW goodness.

You can try, but you can't get better than that.

Try it, go ahead, I dare you. ^^

The plot does seem a little boring...

But who knows, that's exactly what we thought of the first movie, we thought it would be a cliche teenage high school movie.

And what happened? Some actually changed their opinions about it once they saw it!

So why should we judge this one? Who knows, EQG2 might have something up it's sleeve just like the first one did.  ;) 

Edited by Magical Bookworm

I'm not sure I have an  opinion yet on the second movie, Raibow rocks, but I'm excited to see it and I love the artwork on the girls! =] 

• Brohoof 1

Okay so, right as I mentioned the existence of Rainbow Rocks as a movie to my friend after we had finally finished watching Turnabout Storm, an earthquake rocked my house at about 9:12 pm. We were okay. But I decided to show my friend the trailer for Rainbow Rocks. I showed my friend my Youtube comment, which basically has me more confused than okay with letting a sequel film being made.

My comment over a month ago was:

When I first encountered the title, "Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks" I saw it as the title of a book via Amazon.com and thought it was just going to be a book that's coming out in mid-April and nothing more! But then, I saw the video on YouTube and was like WHAT???

First of all, why are they showing us this trailer this soon? That Trailer's advertising something that's coming out in about 7-9 months? Too soon, too soon! The last movie gave their trailers out a month before the release to limited theaters! :huh: 

Second of all, as much as I was okay with the first, this trailer is making me scream one huge potential plothole: Is that Twilight from the Pony world or is the the Twilight from the Human world that Pinkie mentioned living in the city with a pet dog named Spike? If it IS Pony Twilight, then that whole 30 moons= 2.5 years theory I've been using could become MOOT! :o 

Third, the apparent novelization of this is coming out in April; months before the film itself would be seen! The Book is potentially going to spoil it all! :angry: 

I was okay with the first film and wanted any potential sequels to just stay non-cannon but this???? I am NOT leaving the fandom anytime soon, but Hasbro, you better be trending VERY carefully on thin ice here. :okiedokielokie:  

My friend's reaction when I showed him the trailer on YouTube almost an hour ago was something like:

There's a sequel?! Awesome! He wants it to happens and said: "You shouldn't look a gift horse, uh, pony in the mouth! When it comes out on Blu-ray, lend it to me for a month!"

While I acted out my first, very confused thoughts to the trailer :huh: , he was on the opposite end of my reaction: Joyous and excited! :wub:  

He's looking forward to it! I've calmed down since my youtube comment and still want to see it, but the trailer spoiled me being 100% excited for it! Movie, Okay ^_^ ; trailer, no :okiedokielokie: !

Hope that quake wasn't symbolic :unsure: 

Edited by WiiGuy

I've always really liked the designs of humans portrayed in the movies. They're very attractive.

I think this one will be just as good as the first one. Because all it really is is just plain fun.

The vinyl scratch teaser for the movie is animation gold already, yet I'm not 'that' excited for the movie itself;

Reason being that the designs of the characters borrow their 'rocking-out' appearance from the elements of harmony there. In the previous movie, those extended pony tails, ears and wings ( in case of twilight, RD and fluttershy ) were part of powering up and defeating evil. If it the second movie needs them to go friendship mode and defeat some evil through music? sure awesome. Otherwise I'd think it'd be a little redundant.

I might be nitpicking xP

I'll be honest I'm looking forward to Rainbow Rocks if it does come out. I've seen the so called trailer and it seems pretty legit. If it does happen hopefully they'll fix some of the flaws they had in the first movie can't say for sure though. I do have to question though when I saw the trailer they got there pony creative's without the element like the last movie so I'm a little confused. Lol. But hey I'm new to this forum in particular solo don't mind me. XD

First of all, why are they showing us this trailer this soon? That Trailer's advertising something that's coming out in about 7-9 months? Too soon, too soon! The last movie gave their trailers out a month before the release to limited theaters!

There are also teaser trailers that come out way before the actual product, but they tend to have no real content. Also, Entertainment Weekly is what brought us the initial monstrosity of the live action ads.

But, I think are forgetting the real culprit is Mattel. Their Monster High dolls are what forced Hasbro's hand. So, I say, we tip something over!!!

Edited by BinaryPony

As long as theres super awesome music, im fine with anything. Even dinosaur Twilight. Bring it on Hasbro.

Edited by Karba

I suppose so.

Though I think that's based on personal preferences. I for example don't like romantic relationships between someone and the main characters so I kind of dislike it.

Yo thinkthey'll get the flash &Twilight thing back together? I think its odd, since twilight is a pony.

How do you guys think the plot will develop? Ex: reason why twilight should go back, etc?l

I think the first movie was great! The fandom totally tore it apart for no reason. Being part of this fandom, I think that a "band battle" is not the best idea, but an EQ 2 is. :) 

{Thats just my opinion no h8}

I will admit this. When I saw the Equestria Girls trailer I started screaming and crying, thinking that my little pony was going down hill so I never watched it until the very next night when I got caught up on all the Mlp fim episodes I was so bored so I decided to watch Equestria girls. I was so happy that I watched it.

Hello my name is Mirage X Dash and I approve this message

I wonder what the rock band will be representive of like a beatles kinda band? I don't think so as Rainbow dash's personallity would not mix too well What about a band kinda like acdc or metalica though that would be against Rarities personality. The girl band kinda thing well I don't know of any good music from that series of music not to mention again it would not bode Rainbow dashes personality so I am left with blues or something or jazz I think it would be jazz what does anyone else think?

Personally, Equastria Girls was just "meh" imo, but I don't really care if they make a sequel... hey, as long as they keep on making the original show, I'm cool with it. :) Although a battle of the bands DOES sound a bit lame imo... but who knows, maybe it will turn out fine. ^_^