Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

The music concept works since the characters can sing and have decent choreography. Contest better be for rookies rather than the EG are instantly professional level to knock off an actual professional group.

(edited)

I feel so lost! XD People say that Twilight will go through the mirror and others say that the Twilight in the human world is just a doppelganger. ANyway, I hope this EG is better than the last one.

Edited by XxConfusedUnicornxX

Guys.

Think about Princess Skyla for a moment here.

People have been saying that she'll appear in the show since season 2. We're into season 4 and there hasn't been a single mention of her.

Also, a book doesn't necessarily mean a movie will come out too. For all what we're concerned, it's a book and nothing more.

But now we have confirmation!

I looked up the trailer it is not heavy metal or even beatles inspired it is like listening to the average shows music with pictures of guitars :okiedokielokie: I am disappointed oh well can't win everything ^_^ .

Well guys! I got my hands on the book of this just now in the mail. :)

Still can't believe they're making a film that won't be out 'till Fall! I can't wait That long to see it without being spoiled by the book. >_> Oh well.

Anyway, If what the summary says on the back of the book is true, I now know how Equestria pony-turned-human Twilight could be there without the Mirror!

"Back in Equestria, Twilight Sparkle listens to the music of springtime as it drifts through her window. She lets the sounds take her away on a rock 'n' daydream..."

All a dream, perhaps

-_- Well, that least that answers the one real compliant I have with this film being made: Is that the Mane Twilight there in the film??? HOOOOOW????!!!!!

Regardless of what I'll read in the book, I still want to see how the film will turn out. My friend is going to go ballistic with  :wub:  when he hears about my latest MLP delivery!

@The book is actually not a novelization of the movie. It acts as a prequel to the movie and ties the Rainbow Rocks shorts together.

The next six shorts will be spoiled by the book, but not the movie. 

Looking at the Rainbow Dash short, it seems the HuMane 6 will likely use magic to aid in their winning against other bands who wouldn't be able to compete with that. 

I still don't know how the CMC ended up in a highschool...

im excited! but a little skeptical of the whole band thing.......

I don't know how that's going to work either... And it's kind of weird how they can freely 'transform' like that.

@The book is actually not a novelization of the movie. It acts as a prequel to the movie and ties the Rainbow Rocks shorts together.

The next six shorts will be spoiled by the book, but not the movie. 

There's gonna be a BOOK? Whoa.... That's a big too far in my opinion. :blink:

And where's Cadence in this whole thing? That's what I wanna know. (And for those of us concerned about Princess Skyla, I wanna know a few things, too:)

1. What's up with the name, 'Skyla' isn't really a normal pony name...

2. She stole Sweetie Belle's mane style

3. She looks almost exactly like Candence

4. How the heck are they gonna work that in?

5. How will she affect the show?

EG is in some need of world building which this movie could do. Since this is just going to be a simple band contest, they could spend more time introducing TS to their world. As long it doesn't revolve around another Equestria magic item winding up in the hands of another corrupted character.

ill agree to that. question if there's a rainbow in there world what would happen if rainbow or some other pony went through the portal. what would happen to the other version of them??? they cant be in the same world at the same time can they????

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't that excited for this, but as I started watching the commercials and stuff, I got really excited.  In EG, the plot was really aweful, the villain was weak and 2 dimensional, and the whole thing was just.. :eww:

But this looks awesome!!

A lot of ppl here seem to be extremely negative about Rainbow Rocks. I think it could be good. The only problem I have is that it is possibly guarenteed to include sandpaper personality pointless love interest Flash Sentry. I also have a feeling that Vinyl Scratch will finally have a voice. She has been seen a lot in the shorts so I wouldn't be surprised. Let's just hope its good.

I'll be honest, I really have only one gripe with EQG.

I just listened to Shake Your Tail in full. Why do all EQG songs have to be so literal in their lyrics? There's little to no metaphorical or deeper lyrics to the songs. Unlike in FiM, which all seem to be more metaphorical and less literal.

I don't know, maybe I'm the only one bothered by this.

Why in all the trailers are they growing tails and wings? I thought this was so supposed to be an alternate universe, so what's the deal? (I haven't watched the first one yet, so maybe it's answered there)

(edited)

Not gonna lie, I'm really excited for Rainbow Rocks :D The shorts they showed us, namely the Rarity one ( :wub: ) have got me expecting good things :D

Of course, while I'll admit the original EQG was flawed, I found a lot of enjoyment in it nonetheless :D Even though I prefer their pony counterparts, I'm excited for Rainbow Rocks nonetheless :D

Also, I'm a huge supporter of Rainbow Power, so that definitely helps  :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39