Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

I really liked Equestria Girls, but I admit the plot was really weak.  It was held together by bubble gum and spit wads.  How will they be able to pull off a second one?  A squeal has to be built on a strong plot foundation or it shouldn't exist.  I just don't see how their even going to set it up, especially if they have more mirror crossing over.  It's going to have to be purely in the alternate universe for it to even have a chance at making sense.  Lets just hope they don't try to shoe horn in the pony universe.

I can just imagine the writing staff's reaction when they were told to write a second.   

"Congratulations guys we actually managed to pull off this terrible idea of a movie Hasbro made us write, thank goodness we won't have to deal with that again."

*CEO walks in*

"Hey guys you did such a good job with EG we want you to make a second one!  It has to be a battle of the bands theme.  Doesn't that sound great!"

"MUTHER FU-"

Even though I think it's going to be terrible plot wise I STRONGLY welcome another chance to see EG Fluttershy.  She was so sexy - ehhh I mean adorable. Yes I meant adorable don't know why I said sexy silly me. Ehhhh hey look an eagle!  *Quietly sneaks away*

Edited by Discount_Flunky

Blimey, I honestly didn't think that my little post would cause such havoc. Sorry you guys :(

As someone who is relatively new to the fandom, may I ask why Equestria Girls is viewed with such anger? I mean, is it just that it was even produced instead of a longer Season 3, or is it that it's a merchandising thing? Like, a cash in on the name? I watched the movie and thought it was alright until it all went batshit crazy in the last section and always thought a new one would undoubtedly be in the works - I'm just surprised it's caused such rage.

lol didn't they say that the first one was going to be a stand alone?

Called it though.. spinoff tied to the original by the name alone in order to sell through using the name brand...

Sadly tis an all to common thing these days, and Hasbro is no stranger to this idea. Especially not for their toy lines.

Come to think of it... I don't ever recall Hasbro officially stating it was a one time thing. They might have somewhere, but it's hard to tell what is fact vs. rumor these days since it's always mixed up.

Blimey, I honestly didn't think that my little post would cause such havoc. Sorry you guys :(

As someone who is relatively new to the fandom, may I ask why Equestria Girls is viewed with such anger? I mean, is it just that it was even produced instead of a longer Season 3, or is it that it's a merchandising thing? Like, a cash in on the name? I watched the movie and thought it was alright until it all went batshit crazy in the last section and always thought a new one would undoubtedly be in the works - I'm just surprised it's caused such rage.

The primary reason most people original HATED the idea was because it was going to be a super cliche high school drama.  High school dramas or the text book definition of a bad movie premise.   Most people just thought it was going to be stupid.  Also there was a very strong fear that EG was going to somehow bleed into the actual show.  Also the original character designs were pretty terrible.

Though it all turned out to be an over reaction, because the writers were able to brilliantly tie the movie into the show without changing a single thing about the show.  They also somewhat managed to make the high school drama thing a little bit less cliche then normal by adding the "Save the alternate dimension" sub plot.  Over all the plot was still weak and filled with cliches, but at least it managed to be entertaining and enjoyable. 

• Brohoof 3

Come to think of it... I don't ever recall Hasbro officially stating it was a one time thing. They might have somewhere, but it's hard to tell what is fact vs. rumor these days since it's always mixed up.

Did anybody here say that Hasbro said it was a one time thing?

They said that the first one felt like it only had potential as a one-time plot.  I'm not sure why you seem to be expecting posts in a thread designed for a speculative discussion about a non-confirmed movie to have cold hard facts for every comment they make.

The primary reason most people original HATED the idea was because it was going to be a super cliche high school drama.  High school dramas or the text book definition of a bad movie premise.   Most people just thought it was going to be stupid.  Also there was a very strong fear that EG was going to somehow bleed into the actual show.  Also the original character designs were pretty terrible.

Though it all turned out to be an over reaction, because the writers were able to brilliantly tie the movie into the show without changing a single thing about the show.  They also somewhat managed to make the high school drama thing a little bit less cliche then normal by adding the "Save the alternate dimension" sub plot.  Over all the plot was still weak and filled with cliches, but at least it managed to be entertaining and enjoyable.

This.  The thing is, when people heard it was going to be a high school movie, you can't help but think of all the other terrible cliche high school movies out there, and assume it's going to be one of those.  But they managed to bring the spirit of the show in by putting things like magic and an evil villain trying to destroy the alternate universe that you wouldn't normally get in a cartoon high school drama, so the people were pleasantly surprised.

That being said the plot that has been mentioned in the post, which we are assuming to be true for purposes of this discussion, is in fact a cliche high school movie plot.  That's why I'm upset about it.  Because they pulled off a miracle by actually making the first one work, but it seems like this one might be taken in the wrong direction.  Of course they might pull something off again, but all we have now is music show down thingy and those are since I've never seen a movie with that plot that I like, I have a bad feeling I would end up not liking anything in the movie other than the music.

Plus as I mentioned earlier, Equestria Girls is a plot that people might like if they can pull it off.  A movie for the actual cartoon would be something that people would definitely like and they could pull off quite easily.  So I just don't understand why they'd even consider forcing another Equestria Girls movie when they could clearly have even more success (i.e. more money) by doing a movie with the cartoon.

The only possible explanation for why they would go with Equestria Girls is that they don't plan on putting effort into it, and they don't want to screw up a successful franchise by making a bad movie for it, and if that's the case then they shouldn't be making one at all whether or not it's part of the cartoon.

• Brohoof 1

Did anybody here say that Hasbro said it was a one time thing?

lol didn't they say that the first one was going to be a stand alone?

He was asking a question about it, Simon.

Can I have my head back now?

Edited by Guest

Fair enough, missed that.  Maybe try quoting when you're replying to a specific statement.

Or you know... Not jumping to conclusions, or asking for clarity. :I

Really?  I didn't see a post because you didn't quote it so every person was left with the task of figuring out what you were talking about, but when I don't see the post instead of making a comment based on the assumption that the post I looked for and didn't see wasn't there, I'm supposed to ask where it was?

And I thought the first thing I said was "Did anybody here say it was a one time thing?"  So, didn't I actually do exactly what you just said and ask?

Sheesh.

• Brohoof 1

The first movie wasn't bad in my opinion, the best bits being the eqis voiceuestria girls song (aka cafeteria song) and the transformers reference in the beginning. This second one is supposed to be about a battle of the bands. I'm big into music and am looking into a few things overlooked music wise that might answer questions so natural no one's thought to ask so the battle of the bands bit has my attention. Now if the can do this as uber as to people making it to the finals, one having wowed the croud with a single man full (one man 3 instruments) band performance of enter sandman and doing a rio/hungry like the wolf mashup with the exact efffect I've laid out for those songs. That's what I'm hoping for. What I'm expecting a similar to thirst movie performance

Really?  I didn't see a post because you didn't quote it so every person was left with the task of figuring out what you were talking about, but when I don't see the post instead of making a comment based on the assumption that the post I looked for and didn't see wasn't there, I'm supposed to ask where it was?

And I thought the first thing I said was "Did anybody here say it was a one time thing?"  So, didn't I actually do exactly what you just said and ask?

Sheesh.

That's fine and all, but your tone kind of came off as you were biting my head off over it.

I'm perfectly okay with this I did like the first movie and if it's a battle of the bands theme then we'll most likely get some awesome songs. 

That was a thought I had too. Music is good, provided it's catchy and not just a bunch of throwaways.

I hope this rumour is in fact real just to fire up all the haters. 

The battle of the bands idea sounds rather uninteresting but I'm willing to put up with it. The best thing about Equestria Girls was the songs. If this sequel is going to be a battle of the bands style thing imagine all the beautiful noise Daniel Ingram will provide us with.

• Brohoof 1

For this new, all who are against Equestria Girls and don't want the sequel to come, you have to make death threats to Hasbro Staff, or plant a bomb in their headquarters. You must be aware that your safety is not guaranteed, you either risk your life to impede equestria Girls 2, or  sit down and accept it, the choice, is yours

jigsaw-431x300.jpg

well, anyways, looks like the rumors are getting stronger and stronger. EG had it's flaws, and it was mainly to promote the toy line, but I kinda enjoyed it, and I wouldn't mind EG 2, but any improvement over the first it's really welcome. As far as I know the movie it's NOT officially announced, despite the rumors, but there's an EG2 book to be released on April, which by the way, a cover was revealed

9780316284868.jpg

It's me or these Rainbow Rocks only strengthen the possibility that Rainbow Power shows up in the show? 

It appears that the new image of "Rainbow Rocks" is for a book. Hopefully they don't turn that into a movie but you know they're going to. Battle of the Bands? That's all they could come up with?

I like the poster. Could be better if they used the actual in movie characters. Definitely interested with the book but I wanna see if this is gonna be a movie. I'm really excited :D

You know how this all EG fuzz started: First, an image of hour favorite ponies.... humanized, with equestria girls as a trademark. Later, the toyline surfaced and rumors about those humanized ponies came afloat. Finally, we saw an actual trailer, and hell broke loose. Now, with the supposed sequel, we got a book for a sequel, then, the rainbow rocks and with them, the rumors of a sequel resurfaced and we are reaching another massive fandom boiling point. In other words, the same cycle is repeating, I'll give Hasbro up to February 15 to announce the movie, while I'll prepare my popcorns for the inevitable freak out :yay:  

This looks cringeworthy. However, I do have to say that the original seemed like it would be very cringeworthy too, but in the end it was an okay 'episode' for the break in between Season 3 and 4.

But...no... This... Is too much. It doesn't even look appropriate at all. I mean at least have Pinkie Pie play the trombone! Because the best bands have a wind section. =P

So long as it has a lot of Sunset Shimmer I'll probably be able to suck it up and focus on that. Otherwise, keeping my expectations extremely low and maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Yeah, it need more Sunny, and she doesn't show up in the cover, hope they don't make the mistake of having a minor role  >_>

• Brohoof 2