Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

She's guilty and penitent and that describes her character throughout the whole movie in its entirety.

Don;t forget humble and unsure of herself.  

She is defined by her arc, yes, but that doesn't make her bland, IMO.  Because of what happened and how much it shook her, that being such a defining part of her character isn't a bad thing.  

Don;t forget humble and unsure of herself.  

She is defined by her arc, yes, but that doesn't make her bland, IMO.  Because of what happened and how much it shook her, that being such a defining part of her character isn't a bad thing.  

I agree. But it being the only part of her character is.

I agree. But it being the only part of her character is.

Again, I don't think it's such a big problem.  She's a very archetypal character, yes, but then so are most of the characters in the original Star Wars, and that's one of my all time favorite films.  

Anyway, I doubt we'll change either of our minds at this point, so agree to disagree?  I just wanted to offer some concrete insight as to why others would enjoy the film.

Again, I don't think it's such a big problem.  She's a very archetypal character, yes, but then so are most of the characters in the original Star Wars, and that's one of my all time favorite films.  

Anyway, I doubt we'll change either of our minds at this point, so agree to disagree?  I just wanted to offer some concrete insight as to why others would enjoy the film.

Funny you bring those up, have you seen the RedLetterMedia reviews of the prequels, specifically where he asks people to describe the characters of the originals alongside those of the prequels?

I generally enjoyed this movie. Only, Rainbow Dash seemed very selfish. I guess what she's learned from the Equestrian world doesn't carry over to her own. Also, I LOVE that they put a picture of Derpy in the closing credits. Hasbro is really starting to mention her more often since all of the controversy that's happened over the purpose of her character.

I've been watching Rainbow Rocks about once a week since it's been on Netflix. I also have the soundtrack almost going on repeat, haha...I think I need help.

it's on netflix? damn, I'd watch it but mine is a shared account and no one must know my dark secret ;_;

I almost couldn't breathe when Rainbow Dash blasted Octavia off the stage. The other contestants flying off the stage weren't nearly as funny, but seeing Octavia with her chair and cello flying through the air was just so hilarious that I couldn't contain myself.

Some fans are calling the two members of Derpy's band "Blueberry" and "Raspberry" because of their hair colors and to keep the whole Muffins theme going... what do you guys think?

800px-Derpy%27s_band_in_the_Battle_of_th

One on the right looks a lot like a human Flufflepuff. But really, naming them to fit a muffin theme is something I find pretty lame, to be honest. Come on, a little more creativity, please! :P

I know i'm a little late but I finally got to watch it lol. I was kind of apprehensive going in because I didn't like the first movie, but I was pleasantly surprised. There was so much improvement! I really enjoyed it and if they decide to make a 3rd I will be looking forward to it!

So um, the Dazzlings' end goal is to get Equestrian magic, right? Do they ever actually do anything in the movie toward that goal? It seems to me like they just try to win a totally meaningless competition and then at the end coincidentally get the power in a way they couldn't possibly have predicted or caused.

So um, the Dazzlings' end goal is to get Equestrian magic, right? Do they ever actually do anything in the movie toward that goal? It seems to me like they just try to win a totally meaningless competition and then at the end coincidentally get the power in a way they couldn't possibly have predicted or caused.

well actually it's to regain their old power, and by doing so they need equestrian magic, so kind of. The way they do it is they get the whole school against them and then turn them against each other. Adagio obviously knew what she was doing considering her plan actually worked as they did transform and were able to project their siren forms and almost actually beat the rainbooms.

And the competition wasn't meaningless since their power source is based off of hatred/distrust/etc., so its kind of just accumulating together to make them even stronger.

The way they do it is they get the whole school against them and then turn them against each other.

But they don't. The only reason it works is because they were already against each other from the start. Nothing the Dazzlings did actually affected them, or even put them in a position to absorb their magic.

But they don't. The only reason it works is because they were already against each other from the start. Nothing the Dazzlings did actually affected them, or even put them in a position to absorb their magic.

Well that's where you're wrong because they did absorb their magic, did you pay full attention to the movie? Let me refresh your memory.

The rainbooms were about to be disqualified, they used their mind control powers to make celestia and luna change their minds so they'd move forward, and in turn make trixie angry, and then after doing so they got trixie to trap the rainbooms under the main stage, where they instigate another argument and their magic would seep out, which did happen. Did you totally miss all the yelling and green smoke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAwS35OfrAo

mlp__welcome_to_the_show_dazzlings_by_tw

• Brohoof 1

\Well that's where you're wrong because they did absorb their magic, did you pay full attention to the movie? Let me refresh your memory.

The rainbooms were about to be disqualified, they used their mind control powers to make celestia and luna change their minds so they'd move forward, and in turn make trixie angry, and then after doing so they got trixie to trap the rainbooms under the main stage, where they instigate another argument and their magic would seep out, which did happen. Did you totally miss all the yelling and green smoke?

You misunderstand, I meant that they didn't put the Rainbooms in position to absorb their magic, the Raibooms just happened to wind up there.

Ooh, thanks! Yes, that video shows my point perfectly.

What are the odds that after that goading, Trixie would specifically trap the Rainbooms underneath the stage? Think about it, there are a million ways to prevent them from performing, from trapping them somewhere else to just stealing their instruments. But ONLY by trapping them under the stage could the Dazzlings have absorbed the magic while the Rainbooms fought. In fact, the Dazzlings couldn't even have known the Rainbooms were down there!

But that's not all, the Rainbooms beginning to fight down there was completely outside of anyone's control, and just happened to take place at the exact time they needed it to for no reason. Remember, the Rainbooms are completely immune to the negative energy harboring powers of the sirens, which is why the sirens needed them to fight on their own. But if the Rainbooms hadn't already had strong internal struggles to begin with, or if they just weren't all that interested in the battle of the bands, then the sirens would have been SOL. Nothing the sirens did actually worked toward making them fight. The fighting, as well as winding up near the sirens at the exact same time, was the biggest coincidence since Sunset coming out of the portal just down the hall from the exact priceless artifact she was looking for.

You misunderstand, I meant that they didn't put the Rainbooms in position to absorb their magic, the Raibooms just happened to wind up there.

Ooh, thanks! Yes, that video shows my point perfectly.

What are the odds that after that goading, Trixie would specifically trap the Rainbooms underneath the stage? Think about it, there are a million ways to prevent them from performing, from trapping them somewhere else to just stealing their instruments. But ONLY by trapping them under the stage could the Dazzlings have absorbed the magic while the Rainbooms fought. In fact, the Dazzlings couldn't even have known the Rainbooms were down there!

But that's not all, the Rainbooms beginning to fight down there was completely outside of anyone's control, and just happened to take place at the exact time they needed it to for no reason. Remember, the Rainbooms are completely immune to the negative energy harboring powers of the sirens, which is why the sirens needed them to fight on their own. But if the Rainbooms hadn't already had strong internal struggles to begin with, or if they just weren't all that interested in the battle of the bands, then the sirens would have been SOL. Nothing the sirens did actually worked toward making them fight. The fighting, as well as winding up near the sirens at the exact same time, was the biggest coincidence since Sunset coming out of the portal just down the hall from the exact priceless artifact she was looking for.

They expected Trixie to trap them under the stage, and she did, it worked in their favor. I don't see what's wrong with that, what are you getting at? And also the dazzlings where there when Trixie trapped them under the stage, did you watch the whole video?

You asked if the Dazzlings did anything to work towards their goal, and them getting Trixie to trap them under the stage is in fact working towards that goal. Coincidence or not.

Also, the Dazzlings knew that the rainbooms were immune to their magic, and had to use other means besides their magic to get them to fight, which they did and thus instigated a fight between them. They knew the rainbooms were kind of fighting between eachother and used that knowledge to their advantage. 

And the rainbooms had to be in the battle of the bands one way or another, because they needed everyone from the school to be in one location so that their counter spell could free them all from the spell, and to also defeat the dazzlings (because they thought that the dazzlings needed to be defeated by song)

They expected Trixie to trap them under the stage, and she did, it worked in their favor. I don't see what's wrong with that, what are you getting at? And also the dazzlings where there when Trixie trapped them under the stage, did you watch the whole video?

You asked if the Dazzlings did anything to work towards their goal, and them getting Trixie to trap them under the stage is in fact working towards that goal. Coincidence or not.

Also, the Dazzlings knew that the rainbooms were immune to their magic, and had to use other means besides their magic to get them to fight, which they did and thus instigated a fight between them. They knew the rainbooms were kind of fighting between eachother and used that knowledge to their advantage. 

And the rainbooms had to be in the battle of the bands one way or another, because they needed everyone from the school to be in one location so that their counter spell could free them all from the spell, and to also defeat the dazzlings (because they thought that the dazzlings needed to be defeated by song)

Right, so as you just explained, it was all nothing but coincidences.

Right, so as you just explained, it was all nothing but coincidences.

thats irrelevant

we're talking about whether or not the dazzlings did anything to reach their goal, and I've already given you reason to prove they did

Edited by NotoriousSMALL

What you've shown is that if they did, they made totally illogical assumptions and leaps in logic for no reason that would happen to wind them up where they want to be. That's not really the same thing.

if they did? Except they did, it happened, in the movie they actually manipulated several outcomes that happened, and actually almost ended up winning. They reached their goal, but couldn't hold on to it.

if they did? Except they did, it happened, in the movie they actually manipulated several outcomes that happened, and actually almost ended up winning. They reached their goal, but couldn't hold on to it.

But they didn't. Remember the coincidences?