Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

I liked it. Not as much as the firat movie but I like how they had sirens and stuff. The songs were nice too. I was glad Sunset Shimmer got her own side-plot of dealing with being an outcast, and I really felt for her. I was satisfied with the ending, and the credit song too o:

I really enjoyed the movie. Was it perfect? No of course not. The plot was a bit predictable but the jokes and the songs were what really made it enjoyable for me. Plus that one scene between Sunset and Twilight made me relate to them both a lot more.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's pretty good for what they were able to do with the premise, though a lot of it comes off as pretty cheesy as a result- could not get into most of that music... except for the Dazzling's songs. Almost blew my mind with how good they were, best part of the movie hands down! Guess I just love their style. :wub:

Some of the bg character references were cool too I guess(Maud ftw), though why did Octavia have to speak here for the first time of all places... should've saved that for the show, but oh well I guess? :P

Oh and the part in Equestria, yeah, that was amazing. Need that full FiM movie anytime now please... :please:

That ending tho... gotta wonder what they're planning next, and I really am actually... just, no more silly music competition movies, I actually don't mind this universe but doing it like this once is enough I think. :squee:

8/10

Hmm. I thought both EG movies were all right. I enjoyed the plot from the first movie, which shows that when you unite, you can stop anything in your path, and the second movie just shows that the magic of friendship remains inside of you, even if one of you moves away to a far and distant land. (Well, until you graduate high school and go to the real world, but maybe that just shows you who your friends truly are.)

LOVED IT! but what exactly was the huge alicorn that came out of the sky and blasted the sirens in the end? what was it supposed to be?

Just that. A magical Alicorn that was the magical manifestation of the girls raw power, kind of like the spectral sirens that came out of the three sirens. I loved the graphical animations and musical score for when the alicorn came out. Only thing that could have made that better would've been a metal riff, but then again, 6-8 year old girls watch this with us, so maybe not.

A lot of people say RR was much better than the first Equestria Girls movie, and I agree. Even though I liked them both, I could watch RR over and over again. The music was some of the best we've heard in a while!

• Brohoof 1

Just that. A magical Alicorn that was the magical manifestation of the girls raw power, kind of like the spectral sirens that came out of the three sirens. I loved the graphical animations and musical score for when the alicorn came out. Only thing that could have made that better would've been a metal riff, but then again, 6-8 year old girls watch this with us, so maybe not.

it was really awesome! I loved the song they played to defeat them

A lot of people say RR was much better than the first Equestria Girls movie, and I agree. Even though I liked them both, I could watch RR over and over again. The music was some of the best we've heard in a while!

Better than Pinkie Pie's song about zecora

ok, so I watched the commentary on the dvd and they called it a "mega musicorn" they also said that if you pay attention they are feeding rainbow magic into what kinda looks like a prism then the mega musicorn shoots white light so there is some science there

I thought about something that could be a bit weird. At the end of the battle between the Dazzlings and the Rainbooms, Sunset Shimmer produces a new light ray, a red one, and transforms into her anthro-Equestria version. Does it mean that she created a new Element of Harmony, or do you think it's just a manifestation of the Magic of Friendship?

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about something that could be a bit weird. At the end of the battle between the Dazzlings and the Rainbooms, Sunset Shimmer produces a new light ray, a red one, and transforms into her anthro-Equestria version. Does it mean that she created a new Element of Harmony, or do you think it's just a manifestation of the Magic of Friendship?

I think they're trying to distance themselves from the idea of the elements of harmony now and just go for "Friendship" in general in the series, given how the mane six in the human world don't have macguffins of any kind and their magic seems to be far more esoteric.

Plus, even in the pony world they seem to be trying to distance themselves from codifying it with them getting rid of the EOH in the S4 premier.

The elements of harmony were an instant win device if they were all togethor, so in order to make defeating villains interesting they had to keep finding ways to to get around the EoH, ie, having them locked up so they can't use them against Chrysalis, or having discord take them, and etc. Infact, they didn't even use the elements to defeat Sombra and Chrysalis. So it just makes a lot of good sense from a story telling perspective to write the elements out of the story for good, because the EoH just get in the way of telling a story at this point.

Edited by Zoraxe

It is far better than what I expected. The songs were great and the villains were good too. Just a very good movie overall and it had a nice final battle as well.

The songs really stood out though, the Siren's songs were the best as well as Trixie's song at the end of the movie.

Plot overall was also pretty decent for a movie for kids.

I have to say, Equestria girl was a Ok movie, only for the fact that it showed Twilight as a person which is something people wanted to see but the plot was just the last straw in Rainbow Rocks, to me at least it made it rushed and confusing, and the merch coming from it wasn't even that good (sadly) But it was good to see they could have a sequel to equestria girls

I really enjoyed the movie. Was it perfect? No of course not. The plot was a bit predictable but the jokes and the songs were what really made it enjoyable for me. Plus that one scene between Sunset and Twilight made me relate to them both a lot more.

Right on. It took me a while to warm up to EqG but now I love it to death. Rainbow Rocks cemeted my love of Sunset Shimmer too. I thought the movie really gave her depth and likability. As for the songs, it was epic all the way through. As soon as the drumbeat at the opening credits started, I knew the rest was going to be gold. But then I'm a biased fan.  :derp:

Did any one else noticed how Twilight and Sunset's talk in the kitchen remind you of Aladdin and Jasmine's talk about feeling trapped?

Play the Rainbow Rocks video from 00:58-1:21 and the Aladdin video from 1:04-1:28 Bonus points for me finding a length for both videos to sync up to. ;)

I guess that makes Maud Pie Abu the monkey  :P  although her surprise appearance ruins the moment for me, no matter how hard the audience was laughing in theater when I first saw this.  :okiedokielokie: