Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

Well, they managed to do it without cutting the show season in half this time, so I have no grudge against the movie's existence.

I'm a little disappointed that Twilight is there, rather than Sunset being the new element of magic in their group. Then again, are we sure that's "our" Twilight and not the one from the human world that was mentioned in the first movie?

I hope the story makes sense. The band battle trope made sense in Camp Rock 2, where the camp/school itself is a central "character" of the show and needs defending, but what would the Equestria girls be fighting for where the stage is the logical battlefield? Although if it's more a slice of life story where they form a band and enter a competition just for fun, that would be pretty cool.

Fluttershy's field of hamsters are pretty adorable :squee:

Well, at least it answers the age old question of what instrument each of the mane 6 would play in a band. I always knew dashie would play electric guitar like a boss B) and I'm actually all for the movie as long as they do the characters right. That's right, I think the movie will be good. And ya'know what else? I loved equestria girls. So if you got a problem then Come at me bro...nies. Come at me indeed :umad:

• Brohoof 1

F*ck my life...

*sigh* Well, at least now we can be sure that EQG and FIM haven't got any connection. And I finally can pretent that EQG not exist.

Don't breake my dreams please, show mercy

Actually, Meghan McCarthy has already stated that Twilight did in fact go there and learn from the experience she had in the first movie. So the EQG movie is canon more or less.

Actually, Meghan McCarthy has already stated that Twilight did in fact go there and learn from the experience she had in the first movie. So the EQG movie is canon more or less.

I know, BUT. What is the sense to go again in a portal? How they will connect it with the plot of the FIM. So, that's why I thought that NOW spin-off has nothing to do with the FIM. 

I'm looking forward to when this will happen:

post-23053-0-36681500-1392335529_thumb.png

So, is Equestria Girls going to be like Call of Duty where they make a new one every year and after the first year everyone starts saying it sucks and is the worst thing ever but there's still a passionate group of fans who say the movies are still just as good as the show and then these weird kids start saying that Monster High is infinitely better and that Friendship is Magic was never good in the first place but regardless we all still go out and watch the next Equestria Girls movie anyway because all our friends are watching it and why the hell not?

If so, then just wake me up when they make Rainbow Rocks 2 and it has a controversial scene in it where Pinkie Pie throws a massive party in an airport and gets everypony's flights delayed. I think I'd enjoy that one.

Alright, has anyone else seen the trailer yet?

http://family-room.ew.com/2014/02/13/my-little-pony-equestria-girls-rainbow-rocks/

I don't know about you, but I'm excited about this. And did Rainbow Dash just do a Sonic Rainboom?  :blink:

Anyway, the big question is, where in the hay did Twilight come from?

Well that trailer explained alot about the movie's story, and by alot I mean fuck all. And now that Twiight will clearly be in it and part of her pony friend's human counterparts band (or it's actually human world Twilight not pony Twi), and seeing the Trixie guitarist doll, I now have the feeling that Sunset Shimmer is still gonna be an evil cunt and form an evil cunt band for evil cunts with human Trixie who will thus most likely also be an evil cunt.

Thus making her "redemption" at the end of the first movie meaningless.

as far as i am concerned another movie might be a decent idea as long as they catch there mistakes from the first one and actually "plan" it out cause this video while i'll b not a proper way to critique a movie or anything but it works

I hate to judge trailers..but it honestly looks like it's going to center around ~shivers~ modern pop music. I think it wouldn't be too bad if it touched up on different genres in the trailer instead of just saying "shake your tail cause we're gonna have a party tonight". Also,I notice that Vinyl is getting showed in both of the trailers.

I've decided that the plot of this movie will be that parasprites went through the portal and turned into tribbles, and they must play music to attract them and get them out of Equestria High.  I have declared this plot to be true... even if it obviously isn't :D

One song to sum up my reaction (and this thread)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zq99TF0BnM

Now, funny thing the way the band is made up is how I envisioned them as a band. Twilight singing, Rainbow on guitar, Applejack on bass, Rarity on keyboard, and best Mane pony-er Pinkie Pie on the drums! Now, I usually see Fluttershy as a backup singer, but auxiliary percussion works too.

Just watched the trailer. really curious as to how Twilight got back into the human universe.

If you remember Pinkie's introduction in the first movie, there is also an alternate Twilight in the EG universe. So, in theory, this is that Twilight.

Edited by BinaryPony

I saw Vinyl twice, I better ****ING Octavia!

You won't. I am willing to bet money you will not see octavia. 

And as for the movie itself, it is another generic bratz knockoff "battle of teh baunds" straight to dvd, buy my dolls tripe. I think bratz has even done this same exact thing before. It will be insanely predictable, filled to the brim with cliches, and throw in fan service in a attempt to keep the bronies focused and buying the movie to see said fan service. 

• Brohoof 1

If it involves some music talent competition, there should be a twist ending where Twilight and co. loses to some other non-villain band. Like the CMC beat them and win the competition with Sweetie Bell being the natural talented better singer.