Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I love "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"

ShintX

I used to "love" it, back when I first began watching it during those first early years on /co/ and /b/. But as time went on, I matured ever more still, and found the show to be amazing still, but an amazing children's show. In essence, I finally stopped being a child. I still enjoy the show greatly to this day, but I don't have the same fervor and devotion I once did. For me it is now more of a relaxing night cap, and a nostalgic look back. I still enjoy watching the new episodes, but they will never have the same golden quality to them as the early s1 episodes, due to my change in perspective.

• Brohoof 1

The first episode I watched was the one where they go to some Gala. I think it's the season 1 finale. I watched a few more episodes and I still don't know what's so great about it. It's a good cartoon, especially for children, but nothing really stands out to me. In comparison with other great cartoons of all genres, FiM has little to nothing to offer me.

There were bits of a few things that I liked about it. But thanks to the fact that I love G1. The Diamond Dogs were easily better than Crunch the Rockdog, their ancestor, and the most boring of all major G1 villains.

The Breezies were inspired by the Flutterponies. Everytime I watch that episode I forget what was it about. But that happens to me with almost every episode. Fluttershy is not at the level of the Flutterponies, though.

I can only think of two episodes where FiM surprised me. The S1 premiere and the S4 finale. The premiere was excellent at setting the characters. I had a very fairy tail-ish story, and a few good side-characters. I just wish the villain was more in par, or similar with the original antagonist that tried to bring the neverending night in G1, Tirek, who's hands down my favourite bad guy from the whole franchise, along Lavan, who is, no matter how you look at him, freaking bastardly awesome.

The S4 finale revamped Tirek. Sure, they ripped-off Arabus[G1 villain] trade and gave it to the mediocre designed new centaur, but it was certainly the only episode where I felt shit was going down. Nightmare Moon was simple, Discord was just a spoiled brat, Chrysalis was pathetic and Sombra was wasted.

Lord Tirek was awesome. Maybe he did rip-off too much of Arabus stuff, but he was definetely a great villain in every category. But they made him too children-ish for my taste.However, if they try to bring Arabus what the hell are they going to give him, because Tirek already stole his characteristics.

Do I love it? It's a good cartoon. That's all I have to say.

• Brohoof 1

May 2013.

Zomg it's been a while.

I remember watching it on this phone's screen, hidden in my bedroom (So much closet :V)

img-3120929-1-41077400e6.jpg

You can tell re-watching the whole show in 1080p feels so much better :V

Edited by Colon Vee
  • Brohoof 1

I started watching My Little Pony in late April 2014. The first episodes I watched were Winter Wrap Up, Return of Harmony, Lesson Zero, Power Ponies, Daring Don't, and Trade Ya. Winter Wrap Up was the very first one I watched because on the morning that I wanted to watch it, that's the episode that was about to play. I watched the pilot in late May of this year and throughout June and July I watched a ton of episodes plus Equestria Girls.

The main reason I got into this show in the first place was because I needed to watch a happy, cheerful show to get my mind off the frustrations of the video game industry. I tried watching shows on PBS Kids Sprout but that didn't do it. So because I've seen some older people who liked MLP I thought it's really appealing to an older audience and I might like it too. And here I am now. :)

I've been a brony for I guess 2 years now? I started watching the show sometime in July?, maybe it was more like april even, i'm not really entirely sure, but it was 2012.

I kinda stumbled across some clips of it, and got watches some of the series due to my natural curiosity, and long story short, i got hooked.

And honestly I still enjoy the show to this day, heck I even think the show has improved in many aspects. But in a way I am hard to displease, maybe I am very childlike inside, and that is why i enjoy the show.

In the end, I don't really care, as long as I enjoy the show :).

June 2011 was the time I was introduced to MLP by my best friend. Then another friend linked me to the first episode. June 26, 2011 was the day I came out as a brony. 

Damn, it's been THREE YEARS :o

June of 2011, I was bored and saw a meme, and you know what they say, "curiosity killed the cat".

I didn't actually leave the pony closet until over a year later, bought a pony and placed it on my desk. Mom asked, I explanined, it's just a fact of life now. Time flies when you're having fun.