Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I love "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic"

ShintX

October 13th 2011, 4:01AM. I got caught up just in time for Luna Eclipsed. Since I grew up on Star Trek: Next Gen, I completely lost my shit when I read that De Lancie was an S2 villain, and powered through the rest of S1 to get to his episodes.

-Story behind this pic

I posted a story on my FB wall about some asshat terrorist we droned. I needed a crying picture to convey my sarcasm. I found Crylight Sparkle and recognized it from /b/. I looked into just what the hell this pony stuff was, and that lead me to the Know Your Meme article, followed by Ponies: The Anthology, and the rest is history.

post-9014-0-97525700-1411896122_thumb.png

I watched the pilot episodes a little over a year ago, but I didn't pursue MLP:FIM. I watched the pilots again in early 2014, and then a few more episodes. And then the rest of the series... and then the comic books  :lol:  I wish I had known earlier how rich in references MLP is, rather than seeing it as purely a little kid's TV show. 

I can't remember when I started watching, I joined these forums mid 2012 so I'm guessing sometime in early 2012. 

With every show I watch I always have to follow the chronological order of episodes, so I started with S1 ep1. Didn't think much of it, but decided to continue and I found it got better with every ep I watched.

I believe I really got into the show around late February 2012.  I remember I watched 1 episode like 2-3 months before that and wasn't really interested.  A few weeks I think before putting your hoof down I started watching the episodes on my tablet (few each night) and had quickly caught up.  I remember putting your hoof down was the first new episode I think I saw.  Not sure why I went from no interest to being highly interested.. but it just kind of happened.. and I regret nothing!

I first saw it February of this year. I watched the pilot episodes then jumped around by cherry picking certain ones here and there. Then, I decided to watch the rest all the way through and now I'm all caught up.

Actually, I watched EG first. Yeah, I wasn't really hateful towards MLP at all, but when I heard about EG i wanted to rip on it more than anything. So My little brother, who was a brony already, and I sat down and watched it, and I made fun of it for a while, and then it got too painful to continue. lol. I watched it all the way to the end though, and I regret my decision. That was earlier this year. Early spring? It wasn't cold anymore is all I remember lol. But Over the summer me and my brother watched the series from the begining then and I really didn't get into until like half-way through the second season.

This story I have told in greater detail elsewhere. 

I think about the time when 4chan banned Ponies requiring the anons to spread out to the rest of the internet. Ponies infected many of my haunts and I even met a 1st wave Brony who is now married to dear ol sis. Anyway watched the show in early 2011 and it didn't take. My kids became addicted though and earlier this year convinced me to try again. 

I guess it worked. :P

I find a lot to love about the show, the interaction with the other fans, the artistic inspiration that comes from MLP, and yes the fact that my teens and I share (yet another) common interest is all wrapped up in a nice Pony Burrito that I calls love. Oh and Rarity. :D 

Somepony-Stole-Her-Burrito-my-little-pon

I love MLP, I love Dashie, I love almost all of the characters (cough, DISCORD, I'm looking at you )

It's great, I started ages ago, and I still love it just as much.

I even found it in me to enjoy the Equestria girls films ( they are good, but not as good as they could be, being based on MLP:FIM )

Oh,

Ahem,

PS, I love the the forum and its populations as well.

post-19882-0-89587300-1412022633_thumb.jpg

Yeah I said it B)

Edited by joecal97

I remember becoming a brony back in about early or mid 2013. I found myself to enjoy the show and I enjoy every episode and I think the movies were great ;) I wish I could get the comic books, though. I mean, I have YouTube to read them and that I did, but I'd really love to own some.

• 7 years later...

Bruh I started watching the show in like middle school.

I actually think I liked G3 a little as well when I was younger than that (I had a G3 Rainbow Dash McDonald's toy or something)

It has had a nice little impact on my life. Sure love it too! Just saying, it is not like the show was bad or anything. Sad it is over now, but it is almost nostalgia at this point :derp: Derpyyy!