Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is/Was Shining Armor in charge of Luna's guards?

ggg-2

It's been shown that Luna has her own set of guards (consisting of awesome-looking bat-Pegasi). That said, do you think they have their own captain, or they answer to Shining Armor, like 'Tia's guards do?

Most fics shows that Shinning Armor is in charge of both Princesses guards, each having their own commander. But nothing in canon is known about the Night Guard, much less bat ponies at all, hope season 5 fix that, we've been expecting more bat ponies since season 2

I get the impression that Shining Armour was in overall command of security. That said, the lunar guards probably had their own commander in charge of the night shift when Shining Armour would likely have been asleep in non-emergency times.

• Brohoof 1

There must have been and still probably is some kind of chain of command, Shining Armor probably had authority over the Night Guard as well but realistically they were probably ending their shifts as he started his. I have worked in the grocery industry for 7 years and I know that while the Store Manager wouldn't be around to see what was going on at night the Store Manager would talk with the night manager every morning before the Night Manager would end their shift and give any direction or orders they feel are necessary. I bring this up because I could easily see there being a Night Guard commander and Shining Armor and whoever took his place once he married Cadence and they went to the Crystal Empire probably met with said Night Guard commander every morning just like how the Store Manager at my store talks to the Night Manager every morning.

• Brohoof 1

• 9 months later...

Yeah, each shift probably has the equivalent of a desk sergeant, each post probably has an officer in charge.  It seems likely there is a day commander & a night commander as well as someone in charge over all

Plus, given the pony types, the Wunderbolts commander is probably in charge of the air force & the unicorns have an as yet unseen officer in charge