Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's are your life goals?

Slurpy

-To be content, free, and safe

-To become a better and calmer person

-To improve my skills and practice my hobbies

-To achieve general life accomplishments

• Brohoof 2

I've already accomplished my life goal, my life goal was to own a car and I own a car therefore I have accomplished my life goal. Were I to set myself a new goal it would be to learn everything relating to cars yes.

• Brohoof 2

I dunno if I really have any.  I’m not the most ambitious person in the world. 

I guess I’d like to get out of this funk I’m always feeling, if even possible. 

But not much I can do when I really don’t like the world, or what it has to offer all that much. 

• Brohoof 2

Be a well liked artist people look up to. Always wanted to just once be a guest artist at IDW Publishing haha

(I also had the foolish mini dream to once become the official cosplayer for some game or something when I was younger lol) 

• Brohoof 1

Two thing I have in mind

• Become comic writer/illustrators
  • My career as an NP Forensics. (so close but yet still far ahead xp)

Doing things I love such as art and law/criminology like helping with the investigation for the rest of my life is my life goal. 

• Brohoof 1

None. Sometimes I am hungry or cold, or in pain, but don't I look to alleviate the problem. Because I only see these as mechanisms of the play. Still, the universe keeps me alive, for some reason there is always someone, or something that delivers my needs. But, I don't know the point, exactly. The meaning of all this. My consciousness decontructs reality, so I watch others, wondering how life would be without this foresight, without this voice that says "There is no point to anything" because it knows. So many paths, all leading to the same end. It is as if life wants me to live. But I am tired, or disillusioned because I can see just enough to know that nothing is real. And so, I cannot believe in life, no matter what. It reminds me of some of the homeless people I've seen throughout my life. Someone once told me some of them were old souls, something like gods. Too tired to live, too tired to die. It didn't matter, it never did. Funny thing is, I am starting to believe her. After that one person; a vagabond called me by my name, and it was like looking into the mirror. Such clarity of mind insides his eyes for someone without illusions, dreams or goals. Every day I look in the mirror I look more like that stranger, like a tired old soul.

• Brohoof 1

On 6/7/2020 at 1:39 AM, AppleButt said:

But not much I can do when I really don’t like the world, or what it has to offer all that much. 

Do you know why you feel this way? Because I may feel similar. There is not much I enjoy in this world. I don't like material things. I don't watch movies or series - at all. I don't read books and I even stopped playing video games, because it isn't fulfilling anymore. But at least I have MLP and I really like listening to music the whole day. Those two things let me feel emotions and I never get tired of it.

I never had friends in real life and I was basically alone my whole life. We live in a busy world and no one has the time for friendship or doing things together, at least that's my impression. People around me already seem to have everything, like friends, their own small family, their jobs and all that. And I like people, they are really nice most of the time, smiling or making jokes. There was never a difference, even not as a teen. I know some were busy with their religion, going to the mosque and stuff. Or playing WoW every day. I didn't have any other choice but to do the same, ironically. Spending time alone with hobbies or with my pets, that is. But the truth is: I often felt and feel lonely. Some people find happiness in solitude, but I'm still not able to do that. I'm not the monk type. :Thorax:

That's my life goal, you could say. Finding friends who would be willing to spend time with me. I really tried to find a purpose in living alone, but I can't. It's simply not fulfilling. I don't care how busy this world is, that's simply how I feel and even reality can't change that.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Cloudy Heart said:

Do you know why you feel this way? 

Depression maybe.  I dunno.  That’s what people always say it is. 

I am depressed so maybe it’s true for me, but I just am not so sure about that.  Like you material things just don’t appease me much at all.   The world to me just feels very much more limited than people like to make it out to be. 

I do have a couple of friends though and they do make life a lot better, and less boring and lonely.

(edited)

All I honestly want out of life is to be able to live it happily for the rest of my days, but the world seems not to like that idea. Instead living under the thumb of an authoritarian government that does its best to pretend its democratic (yep, that really is how I view the US government at this point), and all the while still experiencing hate for my sexuality and gender identity even if almost all of it is online. Not to mention the hateful slurs I still even to this day see against autistic people (a group which I believe I am part of)...

All I want out of life is to be happy living it with no worries about the future, can't that just be accommodated?

Edited by Dustlicious ( > ω < )

25 minutes ago, AppleButt said:

Depression maybe.  I dunno.  That’s what people always say it is. 

I am depressed so maybe it’s true for me, but I just am not so sure about that.  Like you material things just don’t appease me much at all.   The world to me just feels very much more limited than people like to make it out to be. 

I do have a couple of friends though and they do make life a lot better, and less boring and lonely.

I do think a lot about this stuff. Like the limitation you mentioned. I mean it's all about survival and not to starve. But the world became more advanced for us humans. Depending on the place we live in, we don't really have to worry about the most crucial things. We have more time to think. We fill more time with articial stuff. A lot of things aren't really necessary to survival, thus...nothing feels really important or meaningful. We don't just live our lives blindly - we think. And we question everything. I kind of end up with the same conclusion all the time: the meaning of life is to just feel good and having fun in the given time. But it sounds easier than done. :kindness:

I'm sorry, just some thoughts of a random guy. But it's a very good thing you have friends, though, to make things at least a bit better. I try to work on that aspect, too. :)

• Brohoof 1