Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you handle the pressure?

碇 シンジン

Pressure  

45 users have voted

1. 1. Can you handle the pressure?

• Yes.
    • No.

Not sure how to answer this...I don't like pressure, yet I have a tendency to put things off until the last minute, and then I work like a boss and get it done with grade A material. Just because I can do it, does not mean I like it.....

• Brohoof 1

The only time I'm really under pressure is if I'm given a big project to lead at work. I like my job though, so that sort of pressure usually seems exciting because I like taking on new challenges. Same thing with my hobbies, when I'm playing video games I usually take any perma-death/hard-difficulty option because that added pressure makes the game more engaging.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

We're taking finals this week at school. And I can tell you, today was a monster.

So, our Government teacher is not really a government teacher, and has no idea what she's doing. She doesn't teach us anything. At all. So, I sat there doing my government final knowing that I've already failed. And if that wasn't bad enough, I didn't end up doing my dual credit speech final- because I just found out today that he sent the test via email a few days ago. I feel awful, but the damage is already done :P

Other than school, there are things that happen where everyone throws everything on me. There is a lot of pressure going on in all areas of life, for me, right now. Family, relationship, school, and the whole, transitioning to an adult thing. It is hard :/

For me, I'd say that pressure from workload is a great catalyst to make me want to get it all done. But there's other pressure that I can't do anything about, other than to idly wait it out.

• Brohoof 1

If I'm put on the spot I won't react too well. Like I wouldn't be able to think of anything at all.

So in certain situation no, I can't handle the pressure.

• Brohoof 1

I get way more done under pressure, however I try not to put myself in that position in the first place. If I'm able to prepare ahead of time, I absolutely will to avoid extra unnecessary pressure. I make mistakes if I'm in a hurry.

• Brohoof 1

I'm very bad on handling pressure and expectations. If there is pressure on me or I'm expected to do something it makes me panic and I sometimes fail to answer the simplest questions.

This couldn't be more me this entire month. I mean, I do believe in starting up again and perhaps take a different route and approach to things but I also know that I've never really performed well under pressuring tests. :please:  Eheh, yeah I should consider this more now. A no-no for me.

• Brohoof 1

TL;DR - I don't really care bout a lot of stuff so I don't get stressed. 

I've always been surprisingly good at keeping my cool even in the most stressful of situations. I'm always really relaxed when I shouldn't be. I think it just kinda comes down to my typical outlook on most things.

I really just don't care much...

I mean, there are things I care about, like my friends and family and my future... but more importantly video games... jkjk

But I mean, I don't really want to spend my life worrying about every little thing. Ya know? So I just don't care about a lot of things. I guess that's why I don't get so stressed out about things. 

• Brohoof 1

Short term - Sure, I suppose I can handle the pressure of a daunting task that is due the next day or the pressure of being the last alive in Counterstrike. 

Long term - I'd imagine if I waited until the last minute on every assignment or was always the last alive on Counterstrike, I would start to suffer from the stress accompanying it and be unable to fulfill my duties in those areas after some time.

• Brohoof 1

It changes a lot about me, I can easily handle a heck ton of pressure sometimes but other times i canthandle it! :(

Well I think that's because I have a very unstable personality ^^