St. Pinkie

264 users have voted

1. 1. What Is Your Favorite Quote?

• It needs to be about 20% cooler.
    • Um...
    • Yay!
    • Oatmeal? Are you crazy?
    • Eeyup.
    • Don't you use your fancy mathematics to muddy the issue!
    • Other

"Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?"

"eeyup"

"eenope"

"Ooh! Ooh! More guessing games! Um... Pokey Smokes! How about Queen Meanie? No! Black Snooty, Black Snooty!"

Edited by Luna317

I suppose I will pick four of my favourites not ranked in any particular order.

Twilight: "You are not scientifically possible!"

Luna: "HAHA! The fun has been doubled!"

Luna: "It is tradition to speak using the royal 'we', and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!"

Fluttershy: "... I don't wanna talk about it..."

Rarity: Please tell me I did NOT forget the plates...?! I did! I totally forgot them! Of all the worst things that could happen, this is the worst. Possible. THING! <Summons her fainting couch> Why, why, why...? Ugh... <Looks at everyone's expressions> What? You didn't expect me to lay on the grass, did you?

And later, after Celestia summons Twilight to the library:

Rarity: Of all the worst things that could happen, this is the worst. Possible. THING!...<whimper> What? I really mean it this time.

AND not forgetting the ultimate Rarity-ism...

Rarity: Fine! I'm guilty! I wear false eyelashes...! Oh, and I took a bite of the cake...

I swear that girl gets all the best lines.

Edited by Full Spectrum
  • Brohoof 1

I'll always have fond memories of

"And sometimes... when no one's around... I do this: Lookin' good, Spike, lookin' real good!"

"Clock is ticking, Twilight, Clock. Is. TICKING!"

"I hate to cause a rift between such good friends!"

"This wasn't a mess, this was organized chaos!"

"I'LL DESTROY HER!"

And a billion others I likely forgot.

You're going to LOVE ME!!!!!

Flutterhsy's monologue against the cocatrice

Her rant against the dragon

A SONIC RAINBOOM!! SHE DID IT!!! SHE DID IT!!!

Basically almost nothing future shy says

Oh, and "ooh, she's good."

Those are the main ones.

|--(0)--|

techno915

Let's see... I'm gonna try to come up with my favorite quote for each of the Mane 6, along with some of the best supporting characters who've had their fair share of memorable quotes as well. Here we go!!!

Twilight Sparkle: "Clock is ticking, Twilight. Clock. Is. Ticking!!!" - "Lesson Zero" I love all of Twilight's crazy quotes in "Lesson Zero," but this quote was when I first thought in that episode, "Oh my gosh, she's going to kill somepony!". Although the entire following minute of quotes (the clip of which I will post) was completely unforgettable!!!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Tinq3ip85g

Applejack: "Dear Princess Celestia,I wanted to share my thoughts with you. *ahem* I didn't learn anything! I was right all along!" - "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000" What can't I say about this quote?!?! It was hands down the best letter to Princess Celestia in Season 2, maybe even in the entire show so far! But even more than that, it captures just what I love about Applejack so much! When she was the first pony in the show to have a letter in which she basically learned nothing because she did the right thing all along, I wasn't surprised in the slightest. She's possibly the most well-rounded, blunt, honest (well, duh!), mature, and practical of all the Mane 6! Love ya AJ!!!!! And keep on trolling the queen of trolls!!!!!!! ^_^

Posted Image

Rainbow Dash: "No! One more time! I've gotta know we gave it our all! If I'm going down, I'm going down flying!" - "Hurricane Fluttershy" Definitely not Rainbow Dash's best known quote, but this quote from "Hurricane Fluttershy" is hands down my favorite Rainbow Dash quote. In fact, "Hurricane Fluttershy" might honestly be my favorite Rainbow Dash episode, which is somewhat odd considering most people (myself included) would consider it to be an episode primarily about, well, Fluttershy of course! But honestly, I can't think of any other episode, aside from "Read It and Weep," where Rainbow showed more character growth. Throughout the episode, rather than being constantly brash and impatient with Fluttershy (even though she clearly was tempted to), Rainbow showed patience, understanding, and encouragement in helping Fluttershy be the best she could be. On top of that, her best qualities showed throughout the episode time and time again, with her taking charge of all the pegasi in Ponyville, and persevering to supply the required water to Cloudsdale, even when she knew that there was no way the Ponyville pegasi could break the Fillydelphia pegasi's speed record, because it was the right thing that needed to be done! This quote perfectly captures the best of Rainbow Dash, both in that episode and in the series, showing how nopony is more perseverant or loyal to her duties than RD, not even Applejack! In the words of Fluttershy, "Rainbow Dash, you rock, woohoo!" :wub:

Posted Image

Rarity: "Whining? I am not whining, I am complaining, do you want to hear whining? This is whining! Oh, this harness is too tight, it's going to chafe, can't you loosen it?!? Ugh! It hurts and it's so nasty, why didn't you clean it first?!?!? It's gonna leave a stain and the wagon's getting heavy. Why do I have to pull it?!?!?!?" - "A Dog and Pony Show" It's Rarity, what more can you say? One of the top 5 funniest quotes of Season 1, easily, and in my humble opinion, her finest and funniest ranting yet in the whole show, proving yet again why Rarity is Equestria's resident drama and ranting queen!!! And ya know what? I wouldn't want her to act any differently!!! :D

Posted Image

Fluttershy: "Sometimes, we all just need to be shown a little kindness." - "Friendship is Magic, Part 2" This is definitely not Fluttershy's most well known quote, by a long shot. It's not her funniest quote, her most courageous quote, and maybe not even her sweetest quote. But this quote, from the very second episode of the show, exemplifies everything that makes Fluttershy such a wonderful character. Nopony in all of Ponyville, and probably not even in all of Equestria, is as kind as Fluttershy, and this quote, following her taming a wild manticore, shows why. Because 2 seasons into this show, and I still don't know of anypony other than Fluttershy who would step in the path of a charging manticore and kindly ask it to stop. Love you Fluttershy!!! So much! :)

Posted Image

Pinkie Pie: "Oh, I never leave home without my party cannon!" - "Sweet and Elite" This quote established for good a number of things: (1) Pinkie has a party cannon, (2) Pinkie apparently takes this party cannon everywhere she goes, and so either sticks it in some hidden pocket on her person (or is it pony?) or stores it in a rift that she is able to open and close in the space time continuum, I'd say the odds are 50/50, (3) Pinkie is even more awesome than she was before (1) and (2) were established as canon (see what I did there, HA!!! :lol:), (4) Pinkie is hands down the most funny, random, original, and unique character in the entire show, and despite the originality of all the characters in the show, I sincerely believe that none is less reproduceable than Pinkie Pie!!! What else can ya say but, Pinkie Pie; forever random, forever funny, forever Pinkie. :)

Posted Image

Now it's time for my favorite quotes from the supporting characters!!!!!!!

Spike: "Oh, please! You're the most studious student ever! I'm sure the princess will forgive you if you miss one little deadline." - "Lesson Zero" This quote reflects perfectly how Spike, despite his age, inexperience, and light-hearted nature, often is quite practical, especially when it comes to Twilight. Nopony in all of Ponyville, not even the Mane 6, know Twilight as well as Spike, and quotes like this illustrate that perfectly!

Posted Image

Apple Bloom: "I am a big pony!" - "Bridle Gossip" Short but awesome quote by Apple Bloom, before the Cutie Mark Crusaders were even formed, that speaks volumes about the adorable little filly. She's certainly not as grown up as she thinks she is, but definitely the most mature of the CMC! Love ya Apple Bloom!!!

Sweetie Belle: "Why does everypony always think I'm gonna sing?" - "The Show Stoppers" Oh Sweetie, because it's so right!!!! This quote perfectly captures the youth and naivete of Sweetie Belle, along with just what everypony except Sweetie seems to know her special talent is destined to be! Oh Sweetie Belle, the answer's staring you in the face; you just haven't seen it yet!!!

Scootaloo: "I said, you got a problem with blank flanks?" - "Call of the Cutie" Scootaloo: she's tough, she's loyal, and she's always ready to stick up for anypony getting picked on by jerks like Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon! And this quote perfectly reflects that quality about her that makes her such an endearing character and such a great CMC!!! You rock Scoots!!! :)

Posted Image

Princess Celestia: "Spike, take a note, please. I, Princess Celestia, hereby decree that the unicorn Twilight Sparkle shall take on a new mission for Equestria. She must continue to study the magic of friendship. She must report to me her findings from her new home in Ponyville." - "Friendship is Magic, Part 2" For all of Celestia's incessant, never-ending trolling, this quote is an awesome quote! Why? Because it's the whole reason we have a show in the first place!!!!! Well, that and Lauren Faust. But thanks to Celestia's decree (and Lauren's amazing mind!), we get to learn more and more lessons about the magic of friendship!!! Thanks Celestia! You may be the biggest troll in all of Equestria, but you're also kinda awesome!!! B)

Posted Image

Princess Luna: "Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!!" - "Luna Eclipsed" Best. Meme. Ever. Seriously though, I love this quote not simply because it is meme-tastic, but because it does encapsulate everything that makes Luna such an endearing and fun character. When she said this, Luna was still being quite regal and formal, but her nerdy and fun-loving nature was just starting to come through! Luna, when your fun was doubled, everypony's fun was doubled!!! :D

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=lowij-5Q5Xg

And finally, the one I'm sure many of you ponies have been waiting for, the only being that can possibly out-troll Trollestia herself, the Troll-Master himself, DISCORD!!!!!

Discord: "Make sense? Oh, what fun is there in making sense?" - The Return of Harmony, Part 1 The D-man's first quote in the show (well, unless you count his maniacal laughter at the beginning), this quote basically sums up Discord's entire character in two sentences, and set the tone for the insanity and chaos that would follow for the first two episodes of Season 2. Discord, you are and always shall be, everypony's favorite god of chaos! Troll on, brother, troll on!!! B)

Posted Image

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1

From S1(?) ep. 14:

"Be careful, Derpy!"

"Yo don't wanna cause more damage then you've already done!"

"I just don't know what went wrong!"

*gets shocked*

"Yeah, it's a mystery..."

Sarcasm.jpeg

"Hammer'- Applebloom

"There is one thing that makes me happy, and makes my whole life worthwhile; and that's when I talk to my friends and get them to smile!" --Pinkie Pie

"Is that possible? Can you explode twice?!" --Spike

'I just don't know what went wrong..." --Derpy Hooves

'Pinkie Pie! You are SO random!" --Rainbow Dash

" I realized it when I was so happy to hear you...to see you, how much I cared about you...The spark ignited inside ME...When I realized...your my friends!" --Twilight Sparkle

Edited by Pixiesong

"If I can't find a friendship problem, I'll make a friendship problem!" --Insane Twilight

"I'm the world champ y'know, I bet you can't beat me!" *Squee* --Fluttershy

"Well, DUH!" --Pinkie Pie

"UGH! HOW DARE YOU! Unlike you Pagisi rufiants, we unicorns would never stoop to such a thing! HUMBIPHA!!! *duck face* -Rarity

Edited by Beat Shock

Luna: "The Fun Has Been Doubled!"

Spike: "Can you explode twice?!"

Fluttershy: "You're going to LOVE ME!!!!!!"

They are all epic XD

• 3 weeks later...

So, yeah. I'm Jverne and this is poll and we're gonna sing a song.

Really though, what is your favorite quote in the show? I'm sure there are many others, I just put my favorites into the poll. Reply with any that you think are better if your favorite isn't there.

• Brohoof 2