Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Octavia Fan Club

Visual Spectrum

• 2 weeks later...

I will add my voice to this fanclub. Have some Octavia. She looks so cute just waking up. ^.^

img-3643207-1-large.png

She looks so beautiful over there  :wub: . Here's more  :yay:

yes__by_chryseum-d8tb2po.png

• Brohoof 4

• 5 weeks later...

Fellow Octavia fans, I urge you to go to the following link and vote for Octavia to be the next WeLoveFine chibi figure!  At the current moment she's in second place and only 1% behind Applejack.

https://epoll.me/vote/ACiLMns5GJo/who-will-be-the-next-mlp-chibi-vinyl?fb_ref=Default

Just a heads-up, they do take some of your basic Facebook (or other social network) information in order to allow you to vote.  If you don't want your opinion automatically shared, (ie. if you're a closet brony) BE SURE TO UNCHECK THE "SHARE MY OPINION" BOX which is left checked by default.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

The recent "Slice of Life" episode really made me fall in love with Octavia ("love" in the not creepy sense of the word).  Her personality is amazing and she's a beautiful design, I couldn't help but think that she was amazing.  Prior to this episode, I'll admit, I just thought she was a cute background pony and didn't think much about her.  That all changed and I almost felt ashamed for not giving her more attention sooner.  Kudos to the long time Octavia fans for knowing all along what I just realized.

post-34863-0-05378500-1438588836_thumb.png

• Brohoof 5

• 2 weeks later...

I did like Octavia in the Slice of Life episode. Her British voice accent is spot on and the duo with DJ Pon-3 is off the charts! Ever seen a pony go wild while playing a cello? Well, now you do. 

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Assuming your tone is one of curiosity rather than derision, I would imagine it would be much the same as any other background pony. Why does everyone love Scratch, for instance? People just have a knack for seeing potential. When Octavia was first shown at the Gala, I fell in love instantly because 1) she is a cellist. She had already won the hearts of many classical musicians such as myself in that regard, much the same way, I'm sure, that people who loved dubstep immediately loved Scratch because she was briefly seen behind some turntables at the royal wedding.

2) Now keep in mind this is far less objective than the observable fact 1. Classical musicians tend to have an air of elegance to them. You can see it on her face when she plays the cello, much the same way as you can see it on a musicians face when playing a particularly passionate piece. They are so in tune with the beauty of it as they play that said beauty tends to start emanating from the player as well. And it isn't just the tone, but the way a musician bears themselves as well. Each movement has a purpose, and it is to be carried out in the most efficient way possible. This efficiency, this emanating passion, this purpose all comes together in one refined, elegant image. There was certainly a boost in her image, as well, when VAs started portraying her as British. Well, you can see the appeal; Such a prim and proper attitude went well with her natural bearing as a musician.

At least, that's how I relate to it...I cannot speak for everyone.

• Brohoof 7

Assuming your tone is one of curiosity rather than derision, I would imagine it would be much the same as any other background pony. Why does everyone love Scratch, for instance? People just have a knack for seeing potential.

It was one of curiosity, sorry if it sounded derisive.

This is pretty much all personal experience, but I guess I just asked this question because Octavia didn't really stand out to me when we first saw her. At least, not in the same way Derpy stood out for having derp eyes, or Doctor Whooves stood out for resembling David Tennant.  I guess bronies are more into elegance than I thought. o.o

I am well aware that everyone has their own preferences, though I am a little surprised so many bronies were drawn to her in her debut. She shared pretty much equal screen time with her bandmates, yet is far more popular than them.

I like her, but she's not in my top favorite ponies. But your explanation clears up some of my curiosity. Thanks. :)

Well, since this is the Octavia Fan Club thread, I guess a compliment about her is in order: I love her voice, especially the fact that she's voiced by Rarity's singing actress.

Edited by PGNatsu
  • Brohoof 5

Octavia is my favourite background pony along with Derpy. Not only Tavi has a gorgeous design, but I also like her personality. I like how patient she is with loud ponies like Vinyl, but she is still no-nonsense and takes her career seriously. I'd love to see more background appearances from her in the show!

Have a cute Tavi image.

529541__safe_solo_upvotes+galore_octavia

• Brohoof 6

WAIT.

HOW HAS aJVL NOT BEEN POSTED HERE? AND YOU CALL YOURSELVES FANS?

b6985999f6f52b11e2457ac02730a32d-d6ijt4s

*cough* My apologies. In all seriousness, I have a folder dedicated to nothing but Octavia. Hundreds upon hundreds of photos accumulated since May 6, 2011.

• Brohoof 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Love me some Octavia. Vinyl is of course my favorite, but Tavi is a close second. So I gotta ask the fanbase at large...

What is with the whole Octavia and cake thing?! I don't get it. Did I miss a reference somewhere??! This seems to be a thing. Please help me understand this. Crazy it is making me!

post-35316-0-65095100-1448690124_thumb.png