Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Maybe there's still a possibility for Sunset Shimmer to show in season 5?

ManaMinori

Do You Think Sunset Shimmer Will Appear in Season 5  

25 users have voted

1. 1. Do You Think Sunset Shimmer Will Appear in Season 5

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If So What Should Her Element Be

• Wisdom
    • Redemption
    • Forgiveness
    • Reliability
    • Teamwork
    • Passion
    • Other

Okay Inactive (cool username by the way) I see your point. I know it probably won't happen but I just deep down REALLY WANT IT TO. Sunset is a very loveable character and I hate to admit it but I kinda have a crush on her. I think she would fit in well with the mane 6 but o well, there's a fanfic to write. I can see the problems it could cause, although perhaps 1 episode would be nice if they ever do change their minds about not crossing the 2 over, although I get the feeling many fans would be outraged.

Also please explain how RR was not critically aclaimed. I know that EQG 1 had mixed reviews but please back up why it wasn't aclaimed. Every single person on Youtube said it was better than the first and I truthfully, wholeheartedly agree.

Edited by Arctofire

I personally think that would be great  (but this is extremly biased..checkl my profile =D )

Maybe not the whole season but for a episode or two it would be awsome ( there is no seventh seat in Twilights castle so i doubt she'll be a seventh element in the pony world). Even so it would be interesting how she would make "peace with princess Celestia thus getting a bit more of her backstory. It could also show her difficulties re-integrating in the pony world resulting in her prefering to stay in the human one. 

Sunset is also a very enjoyable character (again biased) and i'd hate it if she only stood in the EG universe... She has a lot of potential in the show. In my opinion she is the best character (but Rarity is best PONY) for future implementation in the show ( Plus waifu here). The fact that she may return to a world she left for years and she tried to "conquer" might also show us some intersting character development on how the "new" her thinks like. IDK maybe some kind of problem with Twilights portal might cause several humans to get into equestria and they must be found therefore sunset will be called for help... there are many possibilities but that is up to the writers

AND I WOULD PERSONALY <3 IT

eqg___shy_sunset_shimmer_by_yanoda-d80qn

Okay Inactive (cool username by the way) I see your point. I know it probably won't happen but I just deep down REALLY WANT IT TO. Sunset is a very loveable character and I hate to admit it but I kinda have a crush on her. I think she would fit in well with the mane 6 but o well, there's a fanfic to write. I can see the problems it could cause, although perhaps 1 episode would be nice if they ever do change their minds about not crossing the 2 over. Also I get the feeling many fans would be outraged.

Also please explain how RR was not critically aclaimed. I know that EQG 1 had mixed reviews but please back up why it wasn't aclaimed. Every single person on Youtube said it was better than the first and I truthfully, wholeheartedly agree.

I agree! After seeing Rainbow Rocks, I began to really like Sunset Shimmer. As I said, even if they completely blow it, Sunset coming to FIM would at least be interesting.

I did say 'universally' critically acclaimed—what I mean by this is that not every reviewer thought it was a masterpiece. In actuality, very few found it to be a masterpiece. What I mean by this is that for example, Memento, that's in my opinion a masterpiece, and that's a critically acclaimed film. Rainbow Rocks is a movie about teenage multicolored girls playing a rock band in High School and defeating floating sirens with the power of music and friendship. I praise any studio that makes this concept work, honestly! While Rainbow Rocks indeed was much more well received than Equestria Girls, you must admit that the anger of the original Equestria Girls was mostly due to shock, in response to things that are inherent in the EQG franchise.

Many things from Spike being a dog to all the characters designed to sell dolls too blatantly—Rainbow Dash wearing a skirt?—were all received very heatedly in many areas of the brony community. The setting of it being High School was criticized, the clear attempt to latch onto the 'Monster High' crowd, and so on - none of these things actually changed with Rainbow Rocks.

Rainbow Rocks was received much better, and a lot of people started to like the first EQG, months and months after the first movie actually aired. The second movie could not be judged on things like Spike being a dog because that was already criticized, that's something that people accepted. So people couldn't find a lot of other things that Rainbow Rocks did wrong by itself, because most of them are issues with the very setting and design that's permanent in the series, not with the story necessarily—although Brad and Sunset were IMO justifiably hated on, and RR was an improvement on the story. If you wrote in the comments section "omg Spike's a dog WTF", your criticism would be dismissed by many since it's already a fact that there's no arguing with.

However! Rainbow Rocks doesn't solve the rest of the problems that made the first Equestria Girls hated by many. The difference in the reception is that people have grown to accept it.

Edit: A word

Edited by Inactive User

Yeah I know I never said it was Citizen Kane. I was saying it was an enjoyable and fun movie and was acclaimed for that. Also the story was a lot better than the first one with much less plot holes, miles better character development, better pacing, and a more memorable film.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...