Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

**spoilers** the other world gives immortality?

Nulln

since the dazzlers were banished by star swirl the bearded, that would make them REALLY old. sunset shimmer is probably at least twice twilight's age as well. but they're all about the same physical age as human twilight. would that mean creatures banished to the human world are immortal? the regular humans age normal, as do ponies in equestria. so the human mane 5 would grow old and sunset shimmer would never age.

Well to be fair, we don't really know how Sirens age anyway. It could be that feeding on negative energy kept them young, even though it was not enough to give them their full power. As for Sunset, it is strange that she is around the same age as Twilight, but she could have been Celestia's apprentice right before Twilight graduated from the Unicorn Academy which would bring them closer to the same age.

since the dazzlers were banished by star swirl the bearded, that would make them REALLY old. sunset shimmer is probably at least twice twilight's age as well. but they're all about the same physical age as human twilight. would that mean creatures banished to the human world are immortal? the regular humans age normal, as do ponies in equestria. so the human mane 5 would grow old and sunset shimmer would never age.

Sirens could of been immortal/long lived from the get go. We really do not have an idea how old ponies can get either. Granny Apple was there for the founding of Ponyville, which happened at least two centuries before season 1 according to twilight.

Sirens could of been immortal/long lived from the get go. We really do not have an idea how old ponies can get either. Granny Apple was there for the founding of Ponyville, which happened at least two centuries before season 1 according to twilight.

To be fair, I think it's safe to assume the episode about the Apple family helping founding Ponyville retconned the age of the town established in season 1. I suppose ponies could just be very long-lived, but we'd need more information since the only ponies whose age is mentioned often are effectively immortal.

I'm more under the impression that Shimmer is just a bit older than Twilight, and that the Sirens are either immortal or extremely lengthy life-span-wise. After all, the legend said 'the three sirens', which makes it seem like they're a creature that's been around a long time, yet, that they might be the only three of their kind.

To be fair, I think it's safe to assume the episode about the Apple family helping founding Ponyville retconned the age of the town established in season 1. I suppose ponies could just be very long-lived, but we'd need more information since the only ponies whose age is mentioned often are effectively immortal.

I see no evidence or need for a retcon. There is nothing out of the realm of in show possibilities to say Granny isn't clocking a few hundred years. Unlike Celestia it shows in how wrinkled she is. Its also not uncommon for everything but humans to sport bolstered lifespans in fantasy works.