Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are you going to be for Halloween?

RainbowDashie2000

I would say...myself, mostly because I don't actually celebrate Halloween(I celebrate Samhain instead...yeah, much more traditional.)

samhain.jpg

In order to appease the gods, the Druid priests held fire rituals. Prisoners of war, criminals, the insane, animals... were... burned alive in baskets. By observing the way they died, the Druids believed they could see omens of the future. Two thousand years later, we've come no further. Samhain isn't evil spirits. It isn't goblins, ghosts or witches. It's the unconscious mind. We're all afraid of the dark inside ourselves. - Dr. Samuel Loomis

I want to go as either Elusive or Bubble Berry. I can easily get the costume. The only thing I need to worry about is if I could temporarily dye my hair pink without bleaching it or not. I doubt it. My hair is dark blonde. Elusive is most likely. 

samhain.jpg

In order to appease the gods, the Druid priests held fire rituals. Prisoners of war, criminals, the insane, animals... were... burned alive in baskets. By observing the way they died, the Druids believed they could see omens of the future. Two thousand years later, we've come no further. Samhain isn't evil spirits. It isn't goblins, ghosts or witches. It's the unconscious mind. We're all afraid of the dark inside ourselves. - Dr. Samuel Loomis

Shows how little research you bothered to do on that actual Sabbat. https://www.circlesanctuary.org/index.php/celebrating-the-seasons/celebrating-samhain

Edited by HopeTheWanderer

I find your lack of awareness on classic horror movies disturbing. 

Well, you do realize a film's portrayal of mythology or hell...anything is far from accurate.

Besides I find the use of Paganism on horror films(and shows, especially Supernatural) to be kind of offensive to me as a Pagan, don't get me wrong, I know its purely for entertainment, but it really rubs me the wrong way....that said, I still like to watch both versions of The Wicker Man because they're both laughably bad.

And I do happen to be a pretty big horror fanatic anyway. But not of the crappy "Paranormal Activity" kind.

Edited by HopeTheWanderer
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm...either Jeff the Killer, Eyeless Jack, Monkey D. Luffy, a sadistic jester, or a zombie. Can't go wrong with zombies! Eatz da sweet delcious brainz!! XD

Edit: or my CP character.

Well, you do realize a film's portrayal of mythology or hell...anything is far from accurate.

Besides I find the use of Paganism on horror films(and shows, especially Supernatural) to be kind of offensive to me as a Pagan, don't get me wrong, I know its purely for entertainment, but it really rubs me the wrong way....that said, I still like to watch both versions of The Wicker Man because they're both laughably bad.

And I do happen to be a pretty big horror fanatic anyway. But not of the crappy "Paranormal Activity" kind.

1. I agree with you, to some extent. But I honestly love Supernatural, it's my favorite TV show. Although, being a pagan myself, I do find many of the "evil ritual" steryotypes and whanot to be offensive to my beliefs, even if they ARE for entertainment. I got especially ticked off when they had Lucifer kill off Odin like some sort of fodder, that was NOT accurate, whatsoever.

2. Agreed. Paranormal activity sucked major ass, all four of them.

Edited by RAGE

I haven't really dressed up for Halloween for several years. I'll probably do it again some day just for fun or for parties or whatever, but in the past I mainly did it for trick-or-treating. As fun as that is, I don't feel comfortable doing that at this age so I haven't worn a Halloween costume in years. 

I pretty much always used to dress up as a Jedi, though. That was fun.

No clue, but I'll probably end up dressing as a (get this) brony. I'll probably wear my doctor whooves shirt and some sort of mlp jacket. :P I'm getting close to the age that it would be odd for me to go trick or treating, but that year is NOT THIS YEAR >:D

• Brohoof 1

I don't know! D:

I can't decide  -_-

I'm thinking maybe a mad scientist, if i can find a really good lab coat.

or maybe an ant.

or a worm.

something no one else is going to be.

i was a fish last year.

• Brohoof 1

Same thing as last year, i'm going as a werewolf. When people ask me why i'm not furry, i'm going to say it's not a full moon.

If it IS a full moon, i'm screwed.

Most of my other friends are going as fandom people. Y'know, Rose from Doctor Who, generbent Sherlock from Sherlock BBC, some anime characters (My friend wants to do Homura, actually) , the like.

Edited by Shift

Hahaha, oh man, Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year (of course, Christmas is first).  

Over the past few years, since was a teenager then, I wasn't really going out and getting candy, but I stayed at home with my parents helping them pass out candy.  Few years ago, my parents just setup something in the driveway of our house, and they sat behind a table with the candy bowl.  We put up part of a wooden fence (just a small section) so that I could hide behind it and not be seen from the road.  I was wearing somewhat of a Michael/Jason mix of a costume... Had a hockey mask, dark faded overalls, etc... When the kids would walk up to the table, I would sneak out into the driveway just behind them, so that when they turned around, I was right there, a few feet behind them.  Oh, the shrieks from those kids...  Sometimes I felt really bad though, if I made some little tike cry, so I'd lift my mask, neel down, and say "it's just a costume, don't worry."  

Last Halloween I was a freshman in college.  My RA (resident assistant) at the time told me about the Haunted Trail they have down by the woods, just to the side of campus.  I was all in for it!  He invited me to partake in being one of the spooks (pardoning any misinterpretation, this just means one of the people who were a part of the trail, in costume).  So, I went home the weekend before and grabbed some warm clothes (because last winter was cold) - as well as this crazy looking white gorilla mask of my father's.  Being a part of the trail was fun.  I didn't have to worry about kids getting too scared since it was a college thing, so I went full bore, wide open throttle crazy.  I hid behind a tree, kneeling down in a dark part of the trail, and waited for passersby to come walking towards me on the trail.  I would jump out on all four's, making some nasty, deep, grungy animal noises.  Hahaha, oh, I got so many people with that, it was too good.  After the trail was done, I and the other trail-workers (we who were in costume) stood around a fire and cooked some food, then took down the trail.  It was big, too, and deep in the woods.  I had brought one of my best flashlights, and some other smaller ones - passing those out to other people who needed them.

Hmm... So, then.  What about this year, eh?  I don't know yet.  I really want to be a part of the trail again.  But, it seems that my studies sophomore year have been more than twice as extensive and overwhelming as last year... So, if I have the time I might do it again.  If I don't, then... oh well, I guess.  Academics come first, for this'n.  Especially considering I have to keep my GPA up to keep my partial scholarship.  But, if I do have the time, then I'm not sure just yet what I am going to dress up as.  Time will tell, though.

d67970f951.jpg

Have fun out there, fellers  :smug: ...

Do I look ten? Next thing I know you'll be asking if I watch a little kid's show... Wait a minute...

As much as I the not-ten-year-old in me hates to say it I'm actually bothering. As to maintain the lowest profile I can at the party I will be going as my OC, Atlas but without ears. No one will suspect a thing! *Evil Cackling* Since I will have to build it I need feathers. Hawaii's local chicken population needs to be knocked down a few pegs anyway.

If I don't kill any chickens the Werewolf option is always open!

Edited by Firehearted

The last time I even remotely dressed up for Halloween was six years ago... I don't think it will ever be happening ever again. lol I work Halloween night, anyway.

Edited by Envy

I was upset one day, because I hadn't had a proper Halloween in three or so years. They've been crap, upsetting, or unnotable. And I like to celebrate holidays, because it makes life more fun. Just watching the days pass by and not taking some time to have fun depresses me. Especially on Halloween where you have an excuse to dress up like fictional characters. So I told this to my fiance. How upset I was because I want more surprises, and less routine. Then I started looking up pictures of my new favorite character, Shion Uzuki of Xenosaga. I sighed as I saw people cosplaying as her, and expensive costumes that cost too much. Off-handedly, I suggested it would be nice if we could make our own. But we don't have that sort of knowledge...

And then he told me that he had used a sewing machine before, and he thinks he'd be good at it. Let's go for it, he said! Now he's practicing, and we're both going to make ourselves costumes. Or rather, he's going to make us costumes, whilst I do little things and help out where I can because sewing needles scare me and I am pretty sure I'd be bad at that. He's going to be Jan Sauer, also of Xenosaga, from Pied Piper. 

It's going to be the most exciting and fun Halloween yet! Oooh. I just can't wait until he's done practicing and starts making me the costume! He's such a great guy. Doing all this for us, helping me make our dreams come true.

This is what Shion looks like:

post-809-0-60449000-1412721210_thumb.jpg

I plan on wearing the outfit in my everyday life as well, because I don't really think people would notice it. It's not too blatant.

If you excuse me now, I'm off to draw up a quick design for a practice shirt he'll be making before he starts on the real thing.

• Brohoof 1