Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

bat pony racism in Equestria Girls

caramelcream

Racism? No. I think it just goes like this:

Bats are associated with vampires.

Vampires are associated with being bad.

Really, just bats in everything are associated with being bad. It comes to no surprised it's the same in MLP.

Edited by Megajack
  • Brohoof 1

DOWN WITH ALL CIS HETERO SCUM!  THE OMNIGENDERED PONKYIN SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH!

But no, that is kinda ridiculous. Bat winged daemons do not equal bat ponies. And even so, they never directly discriminated against them due to their bat like features, therefore there was no racism involved. 

• Brohoof 3

DOWN WITH ALL CIS HETERO SCUM!  THE OMNIGENDERED PONKYIN SHALL INHERIT THE EARTH!

But no, that is kinda ridiculous. Bat winged daemons do not equal bat ponies. And even so, they never directly discriminated against them due to their bat like features, therefore there was no racism involved. 

I was going to make a sarcastic post to undermine the point of the thread and highlight it's inherent ridiculousness, but you beat me to it :\

• Brohoof 1

Ok your arguments are reasonable. and i know its ridiculus. i dont think racism is the best word to use for this topic. but every instance of a bat like creature in mlp has it as a BAD thing.

in the episode Bats! the vampire fruit bats were treated badly. those bats may have some sort of links to bat ponies. i just want lauren faust and hasbro to make an episode about bat ponies that doesn't portray them as bad characters.

Racism? No. I think it just goes like this:

Bats are associated with vampires.

Vampires are associated with being bad.

Really, just bats in everything are associated with being bad. It comes to no surprised it's the same in MLP.

Let's not forget demons are usually portrayed as having bat wings. Not racism, it's just stuff established before any of us were born. I'm still waiting for actual bat ponies in the series though  >_>