Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Legend of Korra Season 4

Bojo

So, we are getting season 4 of Korra on October 3th (YES! THIS FRIDAY!) and I know there are not a lot of Korra fans here, but there are some, so I'd like to know what you think about it! Is it too soon? What do you want to see? Are you sad because this is the last season? Any relevant (or non-relevant) thoughts, please, post them!

Also, if any of you ATLA/Korra fans know of any ATLA/Korra forums I'd thank you a lot if you'd share a link with me :)

EDIT: Watch the new clips from S4E01 that Nick released! (May contain spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UevxuL7zao4

Edited by Bojo
  • Brohoof 7

My thoughts in a nutshell. I am a Korra fan and a Last Airbender fan and I am excited for the last season of Korra and the last we will see of the Avatar series on T.V. Despite what some fans say I loved Legend of Korra and can't wait to see its conclusion and how its final season unfolds.

Also TOPH!!!!!!  :wub:

Edited by AnonBrony
  • Brohoof 4

I'm ready for more Korra but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it to be over. Book 3 really whetted my appetite though, and I guess I'm happy that we'll be seeing it soon. Particularly excited for Korra's rehab scenes :D

• Brohoof 5

Legend of Korra was a great show. I don't care about comparing it to The Last Airbender because Korra is already very good by itself. I am a bit doubtful by this season's premise, though. Three years seems like a long time to skip and I wonder if they would be able cover all the relevant details about what happened between season 2 and this one. Not to mention that I'm also rather doubtful of the rather early release... I hope it'll be able to surpass my expectations.

• Brohoof 5

In book 1 we were introduced to an Avatar that did things quite differently from Aang, book 2 introduced us to the very first avatar and book 3 brought us my favorite villain of the entire franchise. From the looks of things stuff is really going to go down in the Earth Kingdom but the question is who is going to cause the mess? With the earth queen dead it has left a huge power vacuum. How soon this and season 3 were introduced were quite surprising but season 3 delivered big time and it looks like this probably also will.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 4

I'm both ecstatic for more Korra and a little concerned. This season is being released so soon that I can't help but worry that the quality might be diluted. I wouldn't have minded them taking their time with it. But we'll see how it goes.

As for the time skip, I'm fine with it. They ended season 3 in a place where the narrative could reasonably stand still, free of major conflicts for a few years. With skillful writing, all the relevant information about what happened in between could be conveyed in a single episode if they need to. 

• Brohoof 3

I'm looking forward to it, though it does seem really early to be released.  I guess if you were to compare it to MLP, which typically puts out 26 episodes in a year, it makes a little more sense since Korra seasons are about half that.  In any case, I thought that the last season was really good once it got going, and I hope that they can continue that forward momentum.

• Brohoof 3

I have no idea where they are going to go with the Legend of Korra in Season 4, especially after Zaheer and how awesome, as well as powerful he is.

Then again, honestly every premiere of every season left me thinking, "Well dang, that was awesome, and that villain was super powerful, how are they going to top that?" and they somehow managed too each season! 

So I'm pretty darn excited to see how things go! 

On another end I am sad that the series is coming to a close, but to be fair it's been so darn good. And I guess it has to stop somewhere. 

To be honest I started watching when most of S3 was already out, but regardless I am hungry for more, I just hope that S4 can be just as good, if not better than S3. And hopefully ties things up(Unless there is suppose to be yet another avatar world based series ;p.)

• Brohoof 2

It will be legendary! I can't wait! I'm really hoping they focus a lot more on Korra than anyone else. Because I could careless about Jinora, or Kai, or anyone.

• Brohoof 2

More Korra fans than I thought here :D

In book 1 we were introduced to an Avatar that did things quite differently from Aang, book 2 introduced us to the very first avatar and book 3 brought us my favorite villain of the entire franchise. From the looks of things stuff is really going to go down in the Earth Kingdom but the question is who is going to cause the mess? With the earth queen dead it has left a huge power vacuum. How soon this and season 3 were introduced were quite surprising but season 3 delivered big time and it looks like this probably also will.

Looks like the Metal Clan think the Earth Kingdom'd be better off if they were running the show. Suyin was already contemptuous of how they ran things last season and it makes some sense that they'd feel the need to step up and restore order. They certainly look dangerous enough, going off that trailer :blink:

• Brohoof 2

Looks like the Metal Clan think the Earth Kingdom'd be better off if they were running the show. Suyin was already contemptuous of how they ran things last season and it makes some sense that they'd feel the need to step up and restore order. They certainly look dangerous enough, going off that trailer :blink:

It sure wouldn't be the first time that a villain or villains utilized a "the ends justify the means" mentality. Amon did lie to everyone by claiming that he got the power to take away bending from the spirits when he got it by advancing blood bending further than anyone else has ever done. And Sato even lied to his own daughter in order to support the Equalist cause. Then of course there is the Red Lotus back in the last season, but Zaheer has clearly shown that is unwilling to kill civilians so did have some standards. But the new villain might not have a similar moral restraint. With a situation this complicated though it is likely there will be more than one faction vying for power, and judging by deception being a reoccurring them in the series one faction could very well try to mislead Korra or turn her against another faction.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 2

Guys I wouldn't worry about them releasing early. They were making season 4 while season 2 was airing. Season three just came out late. Season four probably would of gotten out later as well if it was still on T.V. but it isn't. It came out earlier cuz it's digital now.

• Brohoof 2

YES! I knew there were some ATLA/Korra fans here! *Hugs you all* thanks for replying!

My thoughts in a nutshell. I am a Korra fan and a Last Airbender fan and I am excited for the last season of Korra and the last we will see of the Avatar series on T.V. Despite what some fans say I loved Legend of Korra and can't wait to see its conclusion and how its final season unfolds.

Also TOPH!!!!!!  :wub:

Made my night with the vids  :lol:. I am ultra-hyped to finally get to see Toph in LOK, I'd like to see more of old team avatar! Would be pretty awesome if Zuko and Iroh get to see each other again by Korra teaching Zuko how to enter the spirit world! Hype, hype and more hype  :wub:

I'm ready for more Korra but I'm not sure if I'm ready for it to be over. Book 3 really whetted my appetite though, and I guess I'm happy that we'll be seeing it soon. Particularly excited for Korra's rehab scenes :D

I don't think anybody's ready to see its ending, but hey, every beginning has an end. Rehab will be interesting for sure... Sessions with Tenzin haven't ended after all (if Tenzin is the one helping her). Hope Iroh has to do something with the rehab  :D.

• Brohoof 1

I think I mentioned this in another forum, but I speculate that the Earth/Metal Kingdom began raiding other other nation. In other words...

"But everything change when the Earth Nation attacked"

I'm hyped for this. As a fan of this show I can't wait to see what the book will offer.

• Brohoof 2

I'm both ecstatic for more Korra and a little concerned. This season is being released so soon that I can't help but worry that the quality might be diluted. I wouldn't have minded them taking their time with it. But we'll see how it goes.

As for the time skip, I'm fine with it. They ended season 3 in a place where the narrative could reasonably stand still, free of major conflicts for a few years. With skillful writing, all the relevant information about what happened in between could be conveyed in a single episode if they need to. 

Hopefully it will go pretty good! As @AnonBrony stated, this upcoming season was being made since season 2 was being aired, plus now that the show isn't going to be on TV, they just decided to release it now! I could've waited WAY more too, but new episodes are always welcomed! I don't think the plot will have any potential holes at the end, I think they know what they're doing.

I have no idea where they are going to go with the Legend of Korra in Season 4, especially after Zaheer and how awesome, as well as powerful he is.

Then again, honestly every premiere of every season left me thinking, "Well dang, that was awesome, and that villain was super powerful, how are they going to top that?" and they somehow managed too each season! 

So I'm pretty darn excited to see how things go! 

On another end I am sad that the series is coming to a close, but to be fair it's been so darn good. And I guess it has to stop somewhere. 

To be honest I started watching when most of S3 was already out, but regardless I am hungry for more, I just hope that S4 can be just as good, if not better than S3. And hopefully ties things up(Unless there is suppose to be yet another avatar world based series ;p.)

Don't want to kill the hype because I like getting hype but there are no plans for another Avatar series... or at least that's what they said  :okiedokielokie: . Anyway, I see potential in this season, but you are truly right, it'll be hard to make a villain as badass (or, if they are dare... an even more badass) as Zaheer. Let your earthly tether go, enter the void, empty, and become wind  :wub: .

It will be legendary! I can't wait! I'm really hoping they focus a lot more on Korra than anyone else. Because I could careless about Jinora, or Kai, or anyone.

I won't mind to see more of Jinora (could care less about Kai :comeatus: ), seems like she'll become even a better airbender than Tenzin. They will surely focus on Korra, it's the final season!!!

Looks like the Metal Clan think the Earth Kingdom'd be better off if they were running the show. Suyin was already contemptuous of how they ran things last season and it makes some sense that they'd feel the need to step up and restore order. They certainly look dangerous enough, going off that trailer

I think we'll see no more Earth Kingdom, I don't have a good statement but since Korra's world is changing so fast and is now too different from Aang's, I could expect that the kingdom could banish. Well, I got a reason, but it's kind of a spoiler  :please: (Watch the clips from episode 1 that Nick shared. I'll post them on the main post if you want to see them and know what I'm talking about  :) ).

Guys I wouldn't worry about them releasing early. They were making season 4 while season 2 was airing. Season three just came out late. Season four probably would of gotten out later as well if it was still on T.V. but it isn't. It came out earlier cuz it's digital now.

Thank you for explaining! You are truly right about that, I'm much relaxed now that I know we'll surely get quality episodes  :yay: .

I think I mentioned this in another forum, but I speculate that the Earth/Metal Kingdom began raiding other other nation. In other words...

"But everything change when the Earth Nation attacked"

I'm hyped for this. As a fan of this show I can't wait to see what the book will offer.

Interesting theory  :blink:. It'd be pretty crazy to see that, but awesome as well! Was that an avatar forum you mentioned?  :D

I saw all seasons of The Last Airbender but only the first 2 episodes of Legend of Korra, guess I'm missing out.

You are missing good stuff! I really recommend watching all of the episodes. You might find some surprises there  ;) .

Anyone else liked Korra's new look? 

BxVxRaUIEAAPGxM.jpg?d11e79

• Brohoof 2

Don't want to kill the hype because I like getting hype but there are no plans for another Avatar series... or at least that's what they said  . Anyway, I see potential in this season, but you are truly right, it'll be hard to make a villain as badass (or, if they are dare... an even more badass) as Zaheer. Let your earthly tether go, enter the void, empty, and become wind  .

Yeah, I doubt it, would start to get repetitious honestly I would think, as awesome as Korra is.

Of course, who knows, they had no plans to my knowledge for Korra during the making of the Last Airbender, so who knows.

And yeah, there is tons of potential for the season since it is Korra, but what they will do depends, hopefully it'll be good.

And yeah, Zaheer was amazing, he wasn't just a ruthless villain, he was, kind of deep, he actually made you question if he was really the bad guy in some cases. 

• Brohoof 1

Interesting theory  :blink:. It'd be pretty crazy to see that, but awesome as well! Was that an avatar forum you mentioned?  :D

No.

Now that I think about it, I forgot where I post it (-_-")

Oh well, a theory's a theory.

• Brohoof 1

Anybody watch the Book 4 premiere today? If not, you can check it out here on Nick's website.

Spoilered thoughts below

Prince Wu is fantastic. I love his interactions with Mako and while he doesn't appear to be suited to run the Earth Kingdom in any way, I like the guy. Hope he doesn't go the way of his great-aunt

Kuvira's a badass, no surprise there. I'm pretty sure she's using bandits to pressure people into submitting to her agreements, though she probably does believe she's doing the right thing by reuniting the EK. Wouldn't surprise me if she's keeping Bolin around to use as leverage against a resurgent Korra. Poor guy always seems to fall in with the wrong crowd ^_^

Kai and Opal should not have lost that fight. Two airbenders in the sky vs. one regular human? Pfft. Guy had moves though, and I'll admit it was fun to watch. And I liked Kai and Opal's little chat on the fly too. Gave us information while helping them feel a little more human too. I was expecting Opal to be conflicted about going against people from her city, but it seems she's already chosen her side with no regrets. Still curious how her mama fits into all of this too.

Meelo is manly and wonderful :wub:

And poor Korra still can't catch a friggen break :(. Not sure if she threw that fight or not, but it's clear that she hasn't fully recovered from what the Red Lotus did to her yet. The thing that stood out to me most about that scene is Korra's denying being the Avatar, something she'd never have done before. Her first scene was "I AM THE AVATAR AND YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT" and that's been the center of her identity ever since, regardless of how much pain and frustration it's brought her. Even when doing stealthy, sneaky things, she's always broken cover fairly quickly and outed herself as the bringer of balance and bad-guy ass-kickings. Poor girl's clearly lost her way :(

Episode was good, gimme more :wub:

I'll probably post a blog about it too.

• Brohoof 3

Anybody watch the Book 4 premiere today? If not, you can check it out here on Nick's website.

Spoilered thoughts below

Prince Wu is fantastic. I love his interactions with Mako and while he doesn't appear to be suited to run the Earth Kingdom in any way, I like the guy. Hope he doesn't go the way of his great-aunt

Kuvira's a badass, no surprise there. I'm pretty sure she's using bandits to pressure people into submitting to her agreements, though she probably does believe she's doing the right thing by reuniting the EK. Wouldn't surprise me if she's keeping Bolin around to use as leverage against a resurgent Korra. Poor guy always seems to fall in with the wrong crowd ^_^

Kai and Opal should not have lost that fight. Two airbenders in the sky vs. one regular human? Pfft. Guy had moves though, and I'll admit it was fun to watch. And I liked Kai and Opal's little chat on the fly too. Gave us information while helping them feel a little more human too. I was expecting Opal to be conflicted about going against people from her city, but it seems she's already chosen her side with no regrets. Still curious how her mama fits into all of this too.

Meelo is manly and wonderful :wub:

And poor Korra still can't catch a friggen break :(. Not sure if she threw that fight or not, but it's clear that she hasn't fully recovered from what the Red Lotus did to her yet. The thing that stood out to me most about that scene is Korra's denying being the Avatar, something she'd never have done before. Her first scene was "I AM THE AVATAR AND YOU GOTTA DEAL WITH IT" and that's been the center of her identity ever since, regardless of how much pain and frustration it's brought her. Even when doing stealthy, sneaky things, she's always broken cover fairly quickly and outed herself as the bringer of balance and bad-guy ass-kickings. Poor girl's clearly lost her way :(

Episode was good, gimme more :wub:

I'll probably post a blog about it too.

I watched the hell out of it. It was great!

It seems that this new girl is taking advantage of the instability of the Earth Kingdom to pretty much become a dictator. It's clear that she has a hold on these bandits too, using them to make herself look good and forcing states into her army.

I wonder if Korra is trying to master all the elements one at a time? Hence why she's only Earth bending at the moment.

Alos HNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG OPAL.
  • Brohoof 1

Jesus, that was fast. I guess Nickelodeon really wants Legend of Korra gone.

Minor Spoilers:

Anyway, what did I think about the episode? Well It must've done something right, since I was 3/4 through the episode before I finally realized that Korra was left in the shadows.

As much as I liked season 3, I was kind of missing the industrialist-esque settings. It looks like they might showcase more of that in this season. Now I'm curious to see what the Earth Kingdom is like.

And it looks like the villain is not another leader of an idealistic revolution? Whaaaat?

I'm curious to see where they go with this.

I'm glad that we even have a final season. Who knows what would happen to it if it went on for too long? Let alone on Nickelodeon.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, there is a thread dedicated to last season of one of the best TV shows in the history of ever. MLPf, you done me proud. ^_^

It's a bittersweet situation that the final season is already airing on Nick.com's website literally just over a month after season 3 concluded. I mean, it's great that we get more Korra, but that also means the series ends that much sooner, and we will soon have nothing more to look forward to. Book 3 was absolutely outstanding in every way. Easily the best season Korra's had to offer, and definitely on par with even the greatest episodes of ATLA.

Sadness aside, I'm enjoying LoK's final season so far.  My only concern is the pace at which Korra will get reunited with her friends. We're three episodes in, which is a lot for a 13 episode season, and I'm really starting to miss the Team Avatar dynamic. More than that though, I miss Korra's happiness, and I eagerly anticipate her regaining her strength soon. "Korra Alone" has to be one of the most epic, beautiful, and compelling episodes in the franchise's history. Definitely one of my favorites so far.

While Korra should be the focal point for the remaining episodes, I do hope to see more of Tenzin, Mako, Asami, Lin, and of course, Bolin. <3 And hopefully less of Prince Wu.

• Brohoof 2