Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The Shocking Turnabout

FortyTwo42

OOC topic: http://mlpforums.com/topic/110438-my-little-pony-ace-attorney/

Court Record:

Evidence:

Attorney's Badge:

Your cherished attorney's badge. Proof of your profession.

Autopsy Report:

Death caused by electrocution. The victim was alive briefly after the electric shock. Estimated time of death: between 10:00PM and 2:00AM.

Green Hoofprints:

A set of light-green hoofprints found at the crime scene. Believed to belong to Aero Wind.

Gusty Horn ID Card:

An ID card for Gale News, proving she's a reporter for the Gusty Horn. Found near the crime scene.

Storm's Statement:

Storm was patrolling Dodge Junction on the night of the murder. The sky was filled with thunderclouds, some of which struck him. He spotted someone else flying in the storm and tried to warn them, but Storm was then hit by a strong gust of wind and hit the ground, breaking his wings.

Bloodstain:

Found underneath a cloud far to the right of the body. Shadowhide saw Gale News on this cloud during the investigation. The blood has not yet been tested.

Mysterious Notepad:

A mysterious notepad that the cops and detectives missed on their initial investigation, Found by Moonlit buried deep in the sand. It has weird scribbles inside, and someone must have dropped it.

Gale's Statement:

Gale was sun tanning on a cloud in the badlands. Shadowhide tugged on her tail, which made her nervous so she flew away. Gale knew ponies weren't allowed to be there.

Profiles:

Sky High:

Pegasus

Male

The victim in this case. Worked as the Wonderbolts's manager. He was also very knowledgeable about the weather, sometimes giving lectures on them. Had a stubborn attitude.

Arching Storm:

Pegasus
Male
A young stallion hired as the weather patroller in Ponyville. Was patrolling Dodge Junction before arrest under the suspicion of murder.

Jolt Thunderbolt:

Earth Pony

Male

Jolt Thunderbolt is a normal Defense attorney. He often make mistakes. But he will try his best.

Moonlit Ace:

Pegasus

Male

Young Stallion who has been a defense attorney for years, takes pride in his profession, but that causes him to beat himself up too much when he makes a mistake.

Lee Bluemoon:

Unicorn

Male

Lee Bluemoon is a prosecutor. He is serious of his work. But he can charm his way to get the guilty verdict quick.

Vincent Stormwalker:

Griffon
Male
A prosecuting attorney from the Griffon Kingdoms. Recently has moved to Equestria. This is his first trial since coming to Equestria

Blue Moon:

Unicorn

Male

A young stallion studying astronomy. Seems like a fairly normal guy.

Sunshine Judger:

Earth Pony

Male

Sunshine Judger is an old Earth pony who has worked in courts for as long as he can remember (which isn't very long). Sunshine isn't the brightest of ponies, not being that clever and lacking a little common sense, but at least he means well and would like to do anything in his power to fulfill justice!

Shadowhide:

Unicorn

Female

The detective assigned to this case. Possesses a spell that causes hoofprints near her to glow. Very serious and dedicated to her work, she's quick to become irritated if anything delays her. Close friends with Aero Wind.

Archean Gene:

Unicorn

Male

The extra detective for this case. Helps the forensics scientists.

Aero Wind:

Pegasus

Male

A meteorologist who is fascinated by all things to do with weather. Known to always attend Sky High's weather lectures. Was nearby when the murder occurred. Has a cheery personality. Close friends with Shadowhide.

Gale News:

Pegasus

Female

Gale is normally a sincere and happy go lucky pony. She is a great friend to have and somepony you would always be able to count on, but not to tell secrets too. However all this gets thrown out the window when she hears of a potential juicy news story. She immediately becomes brash,insensitive and willing to do anything to get a great scoop and finding the truth. When she is searching for info she always drinks a top brand of coffee called Brain Cocoa as it helps her function better. However it also stresses her once it leaves her system and causes her develop bags under her eyes. When gets a scoop she keeps it close so no can publish and get the credit before she can. She currently works for the Gusty Horn a Las Pegasus tabloid newspaper.

Cyan Blue:

Unicorn

Male

Cyan is very clumsy, lazy, and is not the sharpest tool in the shed. He can be both funny and serious depending on the situation. He gigs with his band every so often and lives outside of Ponyville. He is a witness of the murder.

Shadowhide started her day with some alarming news. The dead body of the Wonderbolts manager, Sky High, was found in the Badlands yesterday! As one of the free detectives in Dodge Junction, she was assigned as the detective for the case. After reviewing the known details and packing her gear, she made her way along with several police officers to the scene of the crime.

Of all the places to be a crime scene, why here? It was a long trek from Dodge Junction, and the weather rather hot out here. It was a barren area, almost like a desert. At least with such an out-of-the-way crime scene, she won't have to worry about the public being around.

The corpse has already been taken for the autopsy, with a white outline showing where the body was found. She was told electrocution was the most likely cause of death, but at a glance there seemed to be nothing that could give an electric shock. Perhaps it was a thundercloud? She made a note to discuss how they work with her friend Aero Wind later.

The first thing Shadowhide looked for were hoofprints. She didn't have to search for long before finding something distressing. She found some light green hoofprints, which she knew unmistakably belong to Aero. What in Equestria was he doing here?! She couldn't believe that he would be the killer. Having a talk with Aero is now one of her highest priorities when she returns to Dodge Junction. But it's a long was from the crime scene, so for now she should continue searching for more evidence...

Edited by FortyTwo42
  • Brohoof 5

" I think I just swallowed some dirt" was all Gale could think as she laid down on one of the numerous clouds in the sky. Her head was slightly poking out of the cloud she was on to get a better view. As hot and dusty as it was out here she could honestly say it was worth it. She had been here before taking pictures, but when she came back the police had arrived and she had to take refuge on the clouds above the rotting body.

"It's been a bit of a dry spell with great scoops, but this is sure to be on the front page" she whispered in delight. Her eyes glazing over as she imagined the amount of money she would get from this story and the justice that would be achieved. She got out her notepad and pencil in a hurry and started to write down notes with her mouth for a beginning column in the newspaper. Unbeknownst to her the tip of her green tail had slipped through the cloud in her excitement to start on her new scoop.

Edited by NoobyBrony

Jolt was in some restaurant having a cup of coffee. He looked at the paper that shows some attorney's address. "(Maybe I should head there. They said their opening. So I better Introduce myself to them.)" he finished his coffee and started heading there.

Sunshine yawned as he opened his eyes and found hiimself in his bed. He smiled as he noticed the sun shine bright through the windows. "This is going to be a great day!" He thought to himself as he yawned once again and found himself on his hooves, hopping down from the bed. "Well, better get to work. Hopefully it wont be as boring as last week" 

Five minutes later and Mr. Judger was fully clothed in his business attire. Satisifed, he moved to the door with a smile, only to trip on a book and fall nuzzle first a second later. He rolled on his back, and stared at the ceiling. "Damn it" He mumbled as he felt a bit of blood on his nuzzle. "Well, atleast the rest of the day will be fine, right?" He sighed, getting on this hooves, moving towards the door again, this time watching his steps carefully.

*If its a little late to wake up, imagine this around sunrise*

(edited)

@,

After investigating the crime scene a little more, the next notable thing Shadowhide saw was a green, fluffy-looking item hanging from a nearby cloud. She noted the initial place she found it for the court record, then she approached it and, using her telekinesis, attempted to pull it down to her so she can inspect it.

Edited by FortyTwo42

@@FortyTwo42

Gales eyes widened in surprise and fear as her tail was tugged nearly causing her to swallow her pencil whole. She looked all around frantically for a place to escape when she noticed that the lead detective on the case had found her. " I should have been more careful dangit...I don't care your not getting my SCOoopp!!" she yelled as she tugged herself away from the magical grip on her tail losing a few hairs in the process. As she flew off to her hotel to regather her self she didn't notice her I.D had fallen to out of her bag and to the ground in her panic.

((( OOC: was that ok? :squee: )))

Edited by NoobyBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Ace was chilling down at his morning breakfast joint, but he had just received a call. "They want me to head down to the Detention Center? Why now?" He decided not to question it anymore, so he just paid his bill and started to make his way there, he was mildly curious, to be honest.

@,

(OOC: That was great! Between Shadowhide's no-nonsense approach to her detective work and all of Gale's quirks that will prolong things, I imagine Shadowhide will quickly become very annoyed with Gale, and the result will be some funny interactions. :lol: Maybe she'll be to Shadowhide what Wendy Oldbag is to Edgeworth?)

Shadowhide sure wasn't expecting the green item to actually be a pony's tail. She spent a full second standing there in surprise, before giving chase to the mare. But since she had the advantage of a head start and the open skies, Shadowhide quickly lost her. Shadowhide sighed, losing a possible witness with nothing to identify her other than 'green tailed pegasus' was really frustrating. She turned to return to the crime scene, and her foul mood lifted when she saw the dropped I.D. card. She picked it up and read it. 'Gale News. Reporter for the Gusty Horn. Looks like I have someone else to speak to later.' She put the card into her saddlebags, then returned to investigating the crime scene.

• Brohoof 1

As she finally reached her hotel room she sighed in relief and collapsed on her bed. After awhile she rolled over and emptied her bag out on the bad in search of her valuable notes on the case she had gathered. When she emptied out her bag however she realized that something was missing. "No!" she whispered in distress as she came to the realization that her I.D had gone missing. Gale started to hyperventilate as she searched her room and tried to remember the last time she had her I.D.

"It's ok, it's ok I probably just dropped it in the lounge or maybe somewhere in the streets of Dodge Junction. I couldn't have possibly have been STUPID enough to drop my precious I.D that identifies me at the scene of the CRIME!!" she cackled in grief as her eyes pupils spaced apart in temporary insanity.

Gale snapped her self out of her spiral into self-blame with a hit to her face with her hoof.

"Snap out of it Gale you got this, you're a professional. Just search the lobby and Dodge Junction and everything will be JUST fine." she laughed as she walked out of her room with her bag filled with her notes and reporter kit. 

((( OOC: She lost it a bit at the thought of going to jail....can you really blame her? :P )))

Edited by NoobyBrony

Cyan finally woke up. The first thing that came to his mind was the night before. He had to walk back to his house after a gig because his other band mates already took off and left him. He was forced to walk home. As Cyan crossed unfamiliar areas and out of no where, he heard a loud noise. He tried to run away from the noise, but tripped on a branch. Cyan looks down at the cut his leg. "How hard did I hit the ground last night?" He says scratching his head. He can't quite remember what happened after he tripped, but he does remember seeing the victims body laying on the ground in front of him.

By the time Jolt reached the Attorney's building. He knocked on the door and waited for a few minutes ".....Maybe he's not home." He said as he walked by some pony's speaking about some case. He thought to him himself that he could take the case as he head to the detention center. But by the time he got there. There was already defense attorney there "(Huh? could he be him)" He thought as he walked up to him. "Excuse me. Is your name is Ace?" he ask 

Edited by Jolt-Thunderbolt

Ace turned to the mysterious voice addressing him. 

"Yes, I am Moonlit Ace, and you are?" He asked. "What do you want with me?"

Ace looked at the stallion quietly, waiting for some sort of response.

"Your not here about... that. Are you?" He asked. What was Ace talking about?

Jolt had a confuse expression of Ace question "That? No. I'm pretty much here to join your work." he said as he shows his Attorney's badge "See. I'm an Attorney like you are." he said as he put his Attorney's badge back the way it was "So. Your here to take on this Case" he ask Ace

Edited by Jolt-Thunderbolt

Ace smirked. "Ohhhhh! You're here about THAT!" Ace's attorney badge was pinned to his coat, and it flashed for a split second. He goes up to the stallion and whispers in his ear.

"Well, to be honest, I don't know that much about it right now, I was just called in yesterday to head down to the Detention Center, I still don't know what's up, though... Guess I'll just have to find out."

Gale flew over Dodge Junction occasionally skimming the tops of the building in search of her I.D. As her search became more and more desperate she flew down on top of a building and started thinking of the consequences of leaving behind her I.D.

"Ok Gale stop feeling sorry for yourself these things happen,you trained for this. Just because I was at the scene of the crime means nothing, they can't arrest me for anything....except for resisting arrest. DAMNIT!" she yelled in frustration. "Ok,ok,ok that doesn't matter I just need to finish this report that's all that matters right know,  but I don't have a lead, that detective ruined everything." she whispered to her self furiously.

However luck had finally turned from bad to good she thought as she heard the conversation of the stallions below her through the sky light and realized in glee she had rested at the defense attorneys office. As she leaned in closer she heard the rest of the exchange and flew off in new found hope.

"The detention center huh. Excellent." she muttered in satisfaction.

Jolt gave a small sigh "Well. Let's get going. You never know if the pony is still in questioning or not." He said as he went inside,

-Prosecutor office-

There was a prosecutor sipping some coffee as he read the case file's for tomorrows trials. He seemed to received the autopsy report.

"Ah, yes, post haste." Ace took the last sip of his morning beverage and then walked with the other attorney to the Prosecutor's office.

"Why, pray tell, are we going here, of all places? I apologize If I'm not up to speed, but I just got the call about an hour ago." He asked.

@

As Gale landed down in front of the Detention Center she walked in and requested to see the witness of the Badlands case, lying to the officer there about how she was his attorney. The officer then directed her to a room with a chair that was facing a see-through glass and on the other side was a mirror image of the room she was in only there was a guard standing next the door waiting for the prisoner to come in. After waiting for so long Gale was wondering if she should leave and come back later, but then perked up her ears as she heard hoofsteps. In walked Arcing Storm wings bounded and frown on his face as he was ushered into his seat.

Gale eagerly took out her notepad and pencil and introduced herself. "My name is Gale News and I'm here to get the truth and nothing but the truth. Would you be interested in helping?" she asked determination ringing in her voice.

Jolt looked at Ace "Just need to visit an old friend. I'll be getting the autopsy report. You should head to the Detention to talk to the defendant." He said as he head in as Lee seen an Attorney "Huh. May I help you?" he ask as he gave another look of the Attorney "Jolt? is that you?" Jolt nodded to Lee "Glad you remember me. I'm here to get a copy of your autopsy report." he said as Lee search through his table "Um...This will take some time. Mind helping me out" Jolt sighed as he help search the autopsy.

@

As Gale landed down in front of the Detention Center she walked in and requested to see the witness of the Badlands case, lying to the officer there about how she was his attorney. The officer then directed her to a room with a chair that was facing a see-through glass and on the other side was a mirror image of the room she was in only there was a guard standing next the door waiting for the prisoner to come in. After waiting for so long Gale was wondering if she should leave and come back later, but then perked up her ears as she heard hoofsteps. In walked Arcing Storm wings bounded and frown on his face as he was ushered into his seat.

Gale eagerly took out her notepad and pencil and introduced herself. "My name is Gale News and I'm here to get the truth and nothing but the truth. Would you be interested in helping?" she asked determination ringing in her voice.

"A visitor..." Storm mumbled as he was taken to the seat, wings bound to his torso. He sat down and looked through the window. "You don't look like an attorney." Storm pointed out with a frown.

"My name is Gale News and I'm here to get the truth and nothing but the truth. Would you be interested in helping?"

"Firstly, I need my attorney. You can't really help me here... Secondly, I can't just give info to 'outsiders'." Storm said, annoyed, looking at Gale with a frown. The wings bound to his torso twitched as if they wanted to get out.

@,@@Jolt-Thunderbolt
"I understand" He said to Jolt before leaving the office, leaving his fellow attorney behind he started making his way over to the Detention Center, surprised that it was a lot... well, smaller then he had expected it to be, but he went inside and was surprised that someone was already here talking to the defendant before he could get a chance.

"So that's him, huh?" He said before walking up to the little booth he was sitting in.

"Excuse me, but are you Arcing Storm, by any chance?" He asked through the glass. 
"If what I hear is any indication, this is going to be one confusing case, what with there being 3 different defense attorneys and all..." Moonlit thought to himself.

Edited by Shadowking58
  • Brohoof 1

@

@,@@Jolt-Thunderbolt
"I understand" He said to Jolt before leaving the office, leaving his fellow attorney behind he started making his way over to the Detention Center, surprised that it was a lot... well, smaller then he had expected it to be, but he went inside and was surprised that someone was already here talking to the defendant before he could get a chance.

"So that's him, huh?" He said before walking up to the little booth he was sitting in.

"Excuse me, but are you Arcing Storm, by any chance?" He asked through the glass. 
"If what I hear is any indication, this is going to be one confusing case, what with there being 3 different defense attorneys and all..." Moonlit thought to himself.

"Yeah I'm Storm. I guess that you are my attorney?" Storm asked the stallion that just came in, ignoring the newspony. "Before you ask me anything. I want you to be sure of something. You have to trust me, ok? I didn't do it." He said, looking at his attorney.

Storm sighed as he looked down at his goggles hanging from his neck. His wings sometimes winced as if he was uncomfortable by the restraint.

@

"Yeah I'm Storm. I guess that you are my attorney?" Storm asked the stallion that just came in, ignoring the newspony. "Before you ask me anything. I want you to be sure of something. You have to trust me, ok? I didn't do it." He said, looking at his attorney.

Storm sighed as he looked down at his goggles hanging from his neck. His wings sometimes winced as if he was uncomfortable by the restraint.

"It's part of my etiquette to believe in my client." He said simply. "And yes, that would be me, Moonlit Ace, nice to meet you. But I'm afraid we have more important things to talk about. I'm going to need to get your side of the story if I have any hopes of having a hoof to stand on." 

"It's part of my etiquette to believe in my client." He said simply. "And yes, that would be me, Moonlit Ace, nice to meet you. But I'm afraid we have more important things to talk about. I'm going to need to get your side of the story if I have any hopes of having a hoof to stand on."

"Alright, ask what you wanted to know. By the way, what's your name?"  Storm said with a nod. He recalled about the incident while he waited the attorney to ask him questions. "u-Ugh... I hate the restraint..." Storm mumbled under his breath, wincing. He looked like as if he was in pain, seemingly from his wings.

"Alright, ask what you wanted to know. By the way, what's your name?"  Storm said with a nod. He recalled about the incident while he waited the attorney to ask him questions. "u-Ugh... I hate the restraint..." Storm mumbled under his breath, wincing. He looked like as if he was in pain, seemingly from his wings.

"I believe I have already told you my name, Mr. Storm." He said.

"Now then, the first thing I'd like to ask you is what were you doing on the night of the murder, and what did you see? Oh, and be careful not to strain your wing." He noticed the stallion wincing as he looked at his wings.

"I'm an experienced attorney, so all I need you to do is to have faith in me."

Moonlit said to the defendant behind the glass.

@

He had said it more because he felt like the pony behind him had been thinking about him.

Edited by Shadowking58