Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Least favorite thing about being an artist?

Slice0Pie

What do you dislike about being an artist? I don't like it when people try to force me to draw stuff. Usually my friend want's me to draw his OC, and the thing is I already drew his OC, multiple times, and he kept messaging and messaging and messaging me, asking me to draw his OC. He stopped, thank god, but I just hate it when people try to force me to draw something I don't want to draw :(

Another thing I hate is when people are rude when I post art, for example, when I was a beginner, people where like 'Oh my god! Um.....it's okay?"  I mean, I know my art was bad when I first started, but just typing out rude things isn't the best thing to do -_-

Anyways, what is your least favorite thing about being an artist?

Edited by NightmareCadence
  • Brohoof 3

Hmmmm yeah I'd have to say people who make me feel bad for having my own style that differs from their tastes. 

"It has to be LEGIT! Can't stray away from simplicity or do your own detail that strays away from fandoms."

Um, no, just leave me alone please~

• Brohoof 3

Another thing I hate is when people are rude when I post art, for example, when I was a beginner, people where like 'Oh my god! Um.....it's okay?"  I mean, I know my art was bad when I first started, but just typing out rude things isn't the best thing to do -_-

Anyways, what is your least favorite thing about being an artist?

Ahah, yeah, I remember this. I started writing when I was like, nine, and people online were brutal about it. I'm pretty good now, at least I think i am. (you can't really tell from how I post cus I post kinda casually :P)

Getting anatomy wrong. I'm way too much of a perfectionist, so I have to draw a character about 5 times to get the anatomy correct.

I also hate it when I post something different and all people want to see is the same thing over and over. Seriously, there's nothing wrong with change. -3-

• Brohoof 1

Missing some huge mistake in my drawing, like forgetting to blend the background, per say(that happened with my latest one, I forgot to blend the water)and then feeling that surge of embarrassment when someone else points it out.

Just me?

• Brohoof 1

Missing some huge mistake in my drawing, like forgetting to blend the background, per say(that happened with my latest one, I forgot to blend the water)and then feeling that surge of embarrassment when someone else points it out.

Just me?

*has forgotten horns on unicorns and wings on pegasusususus before*
  • Brohoof 2

I wouldn't consider myself an artist, but I do draw things occasionally. My least favorite part is that I can only draw when I'm in the mood to, and sometimes that takes awhile, so I end up making my friends wait a long time for their pictures.

Yeah, I have to agree with the whole everybody wanting you to draw for them. For my art class last year I had to do a self portrait in colored pencils, and mine was really good. So this one chick pretty much expected me to do a portrait for her. In one weekend mind you, I'm like uh no...

Also when people pretty much expect me to be able to draw whatever stupid thing they want me to on the spot.

Oh and when I have a physical copy of the drawing, and people ask me if they can have it.

-_- no, it's mine. Get out. My mom pulled the I have no money so the painting I'm starting next week is going to have to be my Christmas present to her. I was kinda annoyed cause it's gonna be a cherry blossom series painting and i kinda wanted it for my room >_>

legs and feet oh my god for the life of me i cannot correctly proportion those damn limbs for the life of me. a lot of my older drawings i begin to notice it, and even thought it's not that bad it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally irks me 

• 2 months later...

I usually hate when people criticize my art hurtfully. I can take criticism, but when it's harsh, it's un-bearable.

Oh and when people say "You could of done better" gosh I hate that..

• Brohoof 1

Getting out there what I want to convey.

Anatomy, I'm too much of a perfectionist at times.

Knowing what to draw/write.

Knowing how to properly draw/write(sometimes I brain fart and forget what I'm doing).

Having too many ideas, etc.