Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Ocarina of Time of Majora's Mask?

Ardhacandra

29 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Ocarina of Time
    • Majora's Mask

Okey, so... These games. Lots of people love them, some people hate them (Because they didn't play them, lol). Anyhow, we all know that both games have huge fan bases. Both games also have comparable gameplay. So, the question is obvious. What side are you on and why?

Personally I prefer Majora's Mask. I love the story and the dark setting. The transformation masks are also a great + imho (I can finally play as a zora!). The time travel mechanic is well implemented and this allows you to replay your favourite quests as you please (Or take on bosses with your new equipment).

All in all I prefer the Majora's Mask game more because of all of the reasons I named. I do respect and love Ocarina of Time as well, but I just think that Majora's Mask has more to offer.

• Brohoof 3

But seriously, I grew up with both of those fantastic games and cannot bring myself to love either one over the other, they're just too great for me to decide

Yeah, both is a good answer as well. However, forcing people to choose is more fun, because it is more difficult (Both games are super awesome). 

• Brohoof 2

Ocarina of Time. Can't be a Zelda 3D game without. Adult and Child Link. I didn't like the 3DS version but i love the N64 version. The graphics at the time is pretty fantastic and was a big place to go around and explore. And was so fun figuring out to get the horse and all the other stuff that one could do in the game.

I spent most of my childhood playing Zelda: A link to the past. But Zelda Ocarina of Time is pretty fun :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm biased here, Ocarina of Time is my favorite game ever... I tried playing Majora's Mask, but I guess I was too young to understand how the time mechanics work, I never got the hang of them... If I were to go back and play Majora's Mask, I think I could beat it...

• Brohoof 1

I love both as they're both great games that you really couldn't go wrong with choosing. If I had to pick, it'll probably be Ocarina of Time for having the larger impact on gaming and I liked the more classic hero's tale adventure type stories a bit more than Majora's darker take and twist on the hero's journey tale where it shows the hero is not strong enough to save everyone regardless of what he does to rectify that.

• Brohoof 1

Majora. Few games made me care deeply for the world and people depicted there, and it was the only time I really felt that Link is my avatar like Miyamoto intended. Yes, I felt a genuine concern for Termina and helping it's people, the same I would do in Equestria if given the chance

I like Majora's Mask better. 

In Ocarina of Time once you defeat a boss,they're gone and you can't fight them again.

But,in Majora's Mask you can fight all 5 bosses again.

I like Majora's Mask better. 

In Ocarina of Time once you defeat a boss,they're gone and you can't fight them again.

But,in Majora's Mask you can fight all 5 bosses again.

3DS version remedies this by allowing you to face each boss you've already taken on again after completing the Forest Temple, jes' sayin'.

3DS version remedies this by allowing you to face each boss you've already taken on again after completing the Forest Temple, jes' sayin'.

Okay. But,I don't have the 3DS version. I have the N64 version. And plus I dislike the handheld consoles.

Okay. But,I don't have the 3DS version. I have the N64 version. And plus I dislike the handheld consoles.

Fair enough, but I would be remiss in failing to mention that the 3DS version of OoT Is absolutely immense and that you're missing out big time.

Enjoy both these games, each are classics in their own right but I prefer Ocarina of Time. Mainly for a couple of reasons, the impact it made was definitely bigger than what Majoras had so that helps. Also I just prefer the overall feel, story, and style Ocarina uses compared to Majoras. I feel like it has a more adventure filled feeling, that you have time to go explore everything in Hyrule that I feel Majoras just doesn't have. Just these couple of things make me prefer Ocarina. Although I still say Wind Waker is better than both of these two, just saying.

Fair enough, but I would be remiss in failing to mention that the 3DS version of OoT Is absolutely immense and that you're missing out big time.

I wouldn't be able to afford it,nor would I want to. The tiny screen hurts my eyes and the buttons get stuck a lot.

Not to mention,handhelds are just uncomfortable to play.

I prefer the consoles. I played Skyward Sword and found it to be incredible.

The only things I didn't like were the stamina bar and the fact that you had to use the wii remote.

I'd rather use the GameCube controller.

I wouldn't be able to afford it,nor would I want to. The tiny screen hurts my eyes and the buttons get stuck a lot.

Not to mention,handhelds are just uncomfortable to play.

I prefer the consoles. I played Skyward Sword and found it to be incredible.

The only things I didn't like were the stamina bar and the fact that you had to use the wii remote.

I'd rather use the GameCube controller.

The 3DS XL, whilst still retaining that slightly uncomfortable feeling of button placement, is the perfect size to see everything on screen, though it is still a little costly :/

Skyward Sword was a brilliant Zelda, and even though I have to agree that 9 times out of 10 I enjoy using the GC controller for most things--I thought that the motion controls were one of the best things about the game and were what made it so unique and special.

The 3DS XL, whilst still retaining that slightly uncomfortable feeling of button placement, is the perfect size to see everything on screen, though it is still a little costly :/

Skyward Sword was a brilliant Zelda, and even though I have to agree that 9 times out of 10 I enjoy using the GC controller for most things--I thought that the motion controls were one of the best things about the game and were what made it so unique and special.

They were cool,but I wish they would have gave you the option to use a GameCube controller.

I beat that game twice to unlock the Boss Battle mode. I really enjoyed the boss fights! (Except,the Imprisoned. That guy can go to hell!)

They were cool,but I wish they would have gave you the option to use a GameCube controller.

I beat that game twice to unlock the Boss Battle mode. I really enjoyed the boss fights! (Except,the Imprisoned. That guy can go to hell!)

Yeah, twice was definitely more than enough for anyone XD

Ocarina of Time is the better game. It's longer, has a more varied inventory, and is the most pivotal point in the entire Zelda timeline.

I do love Majora's Mask as well, but I find it rather overrated... I mean, I definitely get it, it's a very layered and dense game, but the main story is too short and the save system is too wacked(why do owl statues have to be suspend points that delete themselves after continuing, they should at least last as a semi-permanent save until you reset time again) for me to have the same sort of nostalgia. Like I said I adore it, and have pretty much 100%ed the game, but I find going back to it rather infuriating. Really needs a remake with a better save system. :wacko:

Yeah, twice was definitely more than enough for anyone XD

Hero mode,man. I died many times trying to get through it.

But,I was eventually able to do it. That boss where you had to use your bird to pop the 4 eyes,though.

That pissed me off. I always ended up slamming into the boss.

Ocarina of Time is the better game. It's longer, has a more varied inventory, and is the most pivotal point in the entire Zelda timeline.

I do love Majora's Mask as well, but I find it rather overrated... I mean, I definitely get it, it's a very layered and dense game, but the main story is too short and the save system is too wacked(why do owl statues have to be suspend points that delete themselves after continuing, they should at least last as a semi-permanent save until you reset time again) for me to have the same sort of nostalgia. Like I said I adore it, and have pretty much 100%ed the game, but I find going back to it rather infuriating. Really needs a remake with a better save system. :wacko:

I almost lost you on your points about Majora's Mask there until you said "needs a remake", and then I just squeeed internally. It totally does :yay:

Hero mode,man. I died many times trying to get through it.

But,I was eventually able to do it. That boss where you had to use your bird to pop the 4 eyes,though.

That pissed me off. I always ended up slamming into the boss.

Oh yeah, made fighting the last boss without a shield that bit more nerve-wracking though :P

• Brohoof 1

Oh yeah, made fighting the last boss without a shield that bit more nerve-wracking though :P

You couldn't have a shield in Hero Mode? I could've sworn that I bought a Hylian Shield.

Maybe,I did. Maybe,I didn't. Hmmmm......

You couldn't have a shield in Hero Mode? I could've sworn that I bought a Hylian Shield.

Maybe,I did. Maybe,I didn't. Hmmmm......

Oh, yeah, 'course you can! I just meant trying to go through it without a shield, optionally. It's maddening I tell you.

I almost lost you on your points about Majora's Mask there until you said "needs a remake", and then I just squeeed internally. It totally does :yay:

Yep, I think if they just made the owl statues function better the game would be a lot more accessible, especially since the remake would most likely be for 3DS. Plus more people need to play in general. :)
  • Brohoof 1