Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Ocarina of Time of Majora's Mask?

Ardhacandra

29 users have voted

1. 1. Which do you prefer?

• Ocarina of Time
    • Majora's Mask

They must remake this into 3ds 

Allot of LOZ fans would agree with you there but it's really not clear if they will. For all we know they may not. Some of my friends who are Zelda fans say it'll probably not happen. Who knows though. Here's to hoping.

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer

I have honestly never played either game, and I always feel I missed out on something as back in the days of PS1 vs. N64 vs. Saturn (vs. Jaguar vs. 3DO) was a major Playstation player. I never got the N64, and I know I missed out on some classics.

I have a 3DS so I considered buying the 3DS versions, but I also bought a N64 two years back...so...

As much as I love and play Ocarina of Time many times, Majora's Mask is my all-time favorite for several reasons:

3-day cycle means you can self-imposed a challenge like You must restart to Day 1 after learning the Dungeon Song/you must not slow down time/ This cycle: focus only on the ranch people and their troubles/etc.. In Ocarina of time, you're still mostly railroad into going through the game in a spificic way, but with all the possible ways you can spend 3 days in Termina, the replay value can be arguably higher! :)

Most people complain the smaller number of dungeons and "over-reliance of sidequests" but at least (almost) every character was used and not overlooked like in OoT.  I actually know these NPCs as their Terminan selves rather than their Hyrulean selves. Examples: Who actually gave the Begger who wants a C item anything/They got a major role as the banker who keeps your money from vanishing in the time vortex. I know the chicken lady in OoT better as the forgetful innkeeper who's to be wed to the mayor's son. These side-quests ACTUALLY got me to bond with the NPC's so that by the time the ultimate threat is gone, I'll say to them you deserve this happy ending every one. :squee: 

The masks. While some of them have very little purpose, collecting all of them, making people happy and mending their troubles, makes the player actually feel like a hero. Plus, transforming into a Zora is sweet and no iron boots that force you to pause the game to use. B)

When Majora's Mask first came out, I was a kid. When I first played it, I was scared of it and only got as far as reaching the Southern Swamp because of the frightening titular Majora's Mask and the idea of the moon crashing into the Earth. But as I got older, I went back to the game facing that creepy demon mask and succeed! As a kid, I thought Nightmares was all this game had, but with the sidequests I've mentioned and that simple "Friends are a nice thing to have" message at the end, I saw that this game is just as heartwarming as it is scary! You can't judge a game by its cover ;)

A very welcome opinion indeed. While allot of the time mechanics are hated, the three days do apply challenge to a game that would be only slightly easier without it. The thing is that the game revolves around the Song of Time, a very cool feature indeed. Also something else you mentioned is something I'm happy is brought up. The Zora form completely makes the Iron Boots obsolete. The movement in water is way smoother. It's an element that was only featured in Majora's Mask, sadly. The Zora Jumps are the only hard thing without practice.

I liked Majora's Mask, I'm always cool with Nintendo trying out new things, but I think Ocarina of Time is the better game in every way. It was the peak of the "Legend of Zelda" franchise, and I'll say that even though "A Link to the Past" is still my favorite

I will say this about Majora's Mask though, I have never enjoyed swimming as much in any game as I have with the Zora Mask  :yay:

Edited by Jaref

While I will agree OOT is a masterpiece, it would take me a while to mention allot of technical stuff about the game that would prove that it indeed isn't great in every way. OOT is a Metroid Prime level revolutionary game, don't get me wrong, but there are things in Majora's Mask that did it better than OOT.

I have honestly never played either game, and I always feel I missed out on something as back in the days of PS1 vs. N64 vs. Saturn (vs. Jaguar vs. 3DO) was a major Playstation player. I never got the N64, and I know I missed out on some classics.

I have a 3DS so I considered buying the 3DS versions, but I also bought a N64 two years back...so...

WILD ARMS AND CHRONO CROSS OMG THEY SO GODD

but yeh, Wind Waker is best 3d zelda game

Definitely Ocarina of Time for me.

I wasn't the biggest fan of having time constantly being a factor against me, but since I've gotten older I don't mind it as much as I used to.

It's surprising that I love Lightning Returns so much even though you're timed on everything. :P

I do enjoy the diverse world in Majora's Mask.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Majora is a fine game, but generally I prefer OOT,  because I can sit down and play that whenever. Majora is a game where I need to be in a certain mindset to enjoy.

Edited by Cash_In

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad to see that over the years Majora's Mask has started to get more praise and love, it deserves it!

I prefer it myself because I feel it's a more "realized" game that Ocarina. For starters, the items in Majora feel like they all were thought out and given a purpose whereas Ocarina stuff like the Ice Arrows... Feel like an afterthought. Everything in Majora feels more purposed, like it's all intended for a unique thing and it blends together well. Not to mention the darker, more mature tone is welcome.

Just talking about it makes me want to play it again.

• 1 month later...

I'm gonna say Majora's Mask and by a country mile. It's basically OoT but more refined and is way more creative with it's world design and side things, and the story is a lot better, too. The world map is smaller and feels denser, it doesn't take forever to walk everywhere like OoT, the focus on side characters and the more serious and depressing tone.