Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is you dream job? Do you already have it?

Discordly Cutiepie

Realistically, I want to be either a computer graphics designer, professional animator, or something along those lines.

BUT! My absolute dream job would be to work at that huge London library where they have that system, where you go fetch books and put them on conveyor belts X3 I wouldn't have to talk to or interact with people hardly at all most of the day, I'd get a heck of a lot of exercise walking around to get all the books, and BOOKS. MANY MUCH BOOKS!! X3 Random, but totally accurate.  ^_^

• 10 months later...

First I want to become a scientist though I not sure which field of STEM to focus on.

Then I want to start a company (I can never dream of working for enyone!)

When I am around 30 or 40, I want to become Prime Minister.

I am currently studying to become an animator; I have all of my goals lined up for the next few years, too. 
-Go to Community College and take the standard classes

-Go to an actual University and start taking animation courses

-Study for 4+ years

-Make the first pilot for my cartoon in the University

-Post it online, send it to Cartoon Network

-Continue making animations online

Up until then, I haven't thought of what else I could do. I have to set up long term goals, though!

I believe that I have my dream job, I certainly wanted to be a pilot from a young age.

Quite a bit of work along the way, lots of exams and tests and then you get your job and get tested again every six months :)

@Broken wings, @WumboWolf, @that creepy iguana - chase your dreams (and the dawn ;) )

I don't know what gaining employment as a pilot is like in your country/local area so can't really comment.

In general there aren't many companies that pay for your training so it can be expensive to do it yourself and there may not be a job at the end of it.

You're likely to start off with a small airline and hopefully build hours before getting your hands on something bigger 777/747/380 (or whatever you ultimately want to fly) and flying the longer routes.

Bear in mind that it's no longer like the 70's and "Catch Me If You Can", if you're doing shorthaul, it'll be fly somewhere, turn around and fly home, on longhaul it tends to be fly somewhere, minimum rest and fly back (that's not to say that there aren't cushy sweet trips out there - just be prepared for land > hotel > eat > sleep > fly rather than lounge on a beach for five days)

Like getting up in the middle of the night?

Like finishing late?

Like working in the middle of the night?

Like the idea of working on any day of the year?

Hate the radio DJ's saying "Hey it's friday, here comes the weekend"?

But there are plenty of jobs that have you working weekends/Christmas/etc and in general we have pretty good working conditions so I can't complain.

And we get to punch though the cloud and sit in the sunshine

Teacher  "No one will pay you to sit and look out of the window"

20130809_070358_zpsijfscqat.jpg

(Only 29000', probably on the way to Paris then)

I'm guessing my dream job would have to be a full-time youtuber, or professional gamer :3 Yes, I know there are heaps of people out there thinking the same thing, but I think I have potential. I know you should never list this as number 1 on you're list for a job, I'm only listing it as my dream job.

• 4 weeks later...

My dream job is to become a games programmer. Programming has always been a huge interest of mine and programming games sounds like something i would love to do.

I like history, so I think I'd like to be a Historian, or something similar.

I also like drawing, but I think I prefer it as a Hobby.

Edited by RedFox

Top dream job - which probably doesn't even exist - would be getting to teach a class on the history of woodwind and brass instruments. Or something related to that... There has to be something.

IF I go back to school, it'd probably be for music history, and for teaching music history at a college/university. Or if I can't handle a music degree anymore, probably just general history... I might be okay with that, if I get to teach specific European history, like the Medieval England course I took - it was a nice blend of culture and events. But I'm hoping for music, because that's where my highest most passionate interest is in.

I would certainly love to be an author! I've been told that I'd make a good writer by friends and teachers alike, which is great for me! I have never always had an interest in literature; I hated reading and writing until I suddenly got hooked on a series of books. Then I realised that I should never have judged a book by its cover (literally)! So yes, becoming an author is my dream job, but I'd also fancy a bit if acting (voice acting, preferably) or comedy.

Edited by Wolves