Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ponyville Novelists (1x1 between Rainbow Eclipse and Rising <3 Dashie)

Rainbow Eclipse

OOC: http://mlpforums.com/topic/111547-ponyville-novelists-ooc/?p=3136341

@,

It was one of Riley Blythe's many monthly visits to Ponyville, and he was currently in the bookstore getting some comic books.

As he headed to the checkout, he noticed a book on the shelf. An adventure novel one of his bar buddies had recommended to him. It was by a pony named Rising Shine.

Riley shrugged, picked up a copy of the book, and added it to the pile.

~~~

He parked his fuzzy rear on a bench and opened the book.

It just so happened that Rising Shine was in Ponyville that day.

Edited by Rainbow Eclipse

Rising was looking around in Ponyville. He was looking for some inspiration in the town, when he saw a pony sitting. A red stallion. He saw, that he had a book from him with him. He walks to him.

"Heya, looks like, you found some interest in my book? Did you readed it already?"

He look to his written book.

"I wrote that afterall."

Edited by Rising <3 Dashie

@,

Riley looked up at the stallion. The pony claimed to be the author of the book. Riley looked at the back page of the book to see a photo graph matching the blue stallion.

"You're Rising Shine?" he asked. It seemed quite coincidental. As if somepony had planned it.

"The one and only. At least I hope so."

He chuckles a little.

"Glad too see somepony, who has an interest in my books. Always nice to see some fans. Especially for longer now. My last books wasn't the best, I lost the flow. This one is one of my first, from the "good ones"."

He sighs a little.

@,

Riley said to Rising, "I'm not an author myself, but when I do write little bits of story, I find it best when I feel passion for the subject."

"For example, say you wanted to write a romance story... do you have a marefriend or something? Who you can use as inspiration?" he questioned.

"I-uh ... no, I have nopony for that case, I can relate too. You think, I can write better stories, when I already have experience in that area of the story? Like, that I could write a better romantic story, if I had somepony special?"

He thinks for a bit. Maybyhe can help me.

(edited)

@,

"Well... I'm currently single, but..."

Riley opened his wallet and found a photo of Anala. He held it up for Rising.

"This is my friend, Anala Elderberry. She's a great archer, she's got a fiery heart of determination... and I love her. I just keep chickening out whenever I attempt to talk about it with her."

"I think it would be interesting if something like that were worked into a story."

Edited by Rainbow Eclipse

"Having a crush, huh? I know that feel to well, my friend."

He sighs and look up to the sky.

"You know, I have a crush on somepony too. But it would probably never happen. So I don't think to much about it."

He looks back to him.

"So, you write sometimes too? Interested in helping me for my next book?"

@,

Riley rummaged about in his pocket before producing a slip of paper. "It just so happens that I have it with me!" he announced in case it wasn't obvious. He unfolded it.

~~~

Once upun a time in the magical land of Equestria, there was two ponies and they were very awesome! One was called Anala and she wuz white with a grey mane, and she was like really really good at archery cuz she’s awesome! The other was Riley, he was red and had a blonde mane with spikes becuz spikes are kewl.

One faitful day, Tirek attacked, and kidnapped Celestia and Luna and Cadence and also Twilight, plus all the gardds, and all of the desserts in the kingdom. NUUUUU!!!!! NOT THE ICE-CREAM SUNDAYS!!!!! “Yu wont get away with this!” sed Riley.

“Oh but I already have!” said Tirek and he picked up a building and he 8 it along with a side order of friez.

“Oh noes!” said the people innside.

But Riley and Anala dont let no evil happen! They punched and kicked Tirek and then he died.

But it’s not over yet cuz then Chrysalis showed up!!!!! But that wuz short-lived, cuz Anala and Rily tricked teh entire army into transforming into cookies, and then they ate those cookies.

& then the entire kingdom was at peace thanks to Riley, Anala, and there AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“Ooh Riley i luv u! Let’s get married!” sed Analla, And then they got it on

~~~
  • Brohoof 1

Rising laughs while reading the short story from the stallion.

"That was a funny story. The grammar could be better, but for an non-author. Not bad, not bad at all. Well, if you help me, you get mentioned in the book, you, of course, get also paid for helping me. Sounds good?"

@,

"Help you out? I'd love that!" said Riley.

"And about the format of my story..." he went on. "I usually have much better spelling and grammar. Thing is, when I first wrote this, the ideas just exploded in my head, and I was excited to get it down on paper, which is why it's so rushed," he explained.

Rising chuckles.

"When I starteed to write my first little story, I was the same like you. Full with idea, fast written and still everypony loved that little story ... well, that's actually, how I got my cutie mark here. I found out, that I wanted to be an author ... but now ..."

@,

"Hmm... now then, what about this novel we plan to collaborate on...?" pondered Riley aloud, excited to start. "Ooh! I have an idea! We could make it, like, every single genre in one!"

"Although I'm not sure how we would make comedy and tragedy go together..." he realised.

"Yeah, that would probably very complicated. And doing to much genre in one story is way too much. 2-3 different genres are okay, but more can get complicated. We should think about, what genres we are planning."

Rising start to think about the genres and what ideas might coming up by them.

@,

Riley nodded. "Well, it was only a suggestion. A hasty one at that," he answered. "I guess I like to think outside the box." He had a few stories to offer about "thinking outside the box" if ever Rising Shine wanted to hear about it. Riley was an open-minded person.

"Outside the box, huh? Well, just tell me, whenever you have an idea in mind. No matter how fun, strange or ridicoulus the idea is, I'm open with ideas. So, you have anything in mind, we could use for it? Go ahead, I listen."

He smiles to him calmly, while he is sitting down.

@,

Riley had an idea. "How about... a unicorn stallion loves a mare, and he uses a spell to transfer some of his emotions into the mare's brain so that she can love him back, but he accidentally transfers all of his love into her, and so the stallion can't love the mare back, even though she now loves him."

Rising sits there for a while, letting the idea leading trough his mind, before he answers.

"I have bothing to lose and this sounds really interesting to me. Alright, we can use that for the next book, if you are okay with it. By the way, what is your name? You disn't tell yet."

@,

Riley mentally facehoofed. How had he missed that? Whenever he met somepony new, he was usually quick to introduce himself. Perhaps his blunder this time had been the result of all that exciting stuff that he and Rising had conversed about.

"Riley Blythe," he said, holding out his hoof.

Rising nods and shake his hoof.

"Hello Riley. I'm Rising Shine, even when you probably guessed that already. So, wanna go to my home, starting on it?"

He slowly stands up, using his wings to fly a bit.

"Don't worry, I don't ponynapping you, only your ideas."

He chuckles a bit.

@,

'Boy, that escalated quickly,' Riley mused to himself.

"Sounds good to me!" he replied. "Lead the way! Unless you want to have a little race with me," he offered, giving his wings a slight flap. Even though he had only learnt to fly a few years ago, he wa quite good at it.

"I'm not a racer, besides ... do you know, where I live? Can't race me to home without knowing, where it is."

He points to his house further away.

"But if you really, sure."

He stands in a flying position, ready to start the race. Flapping his wins, to get them more used for the race, he waits for him, to get in position.

@,

Riley looked at the house in the distance which Rising Shine was pointing to. 'Must be his house.'

"Agreed," he replied determinedly, getting into the ready-to-fly position, legs bent, and the hearty rump he was proud of poised in the air.

"Three..."

"Two.."

"One..."

"GO!" Riley sped off.

Rising follows as fast possible, but as he already told, he wasn't a racer. He got pretty fast 2nd, behind Riley, wile trying to fly as fast as possible. He still tries to keep up with him.

"Come on faster, faster, faster!"

But he didn't. He landed by his house behind Riley.

@,

Riley won the race, but ended up ramming right into the wall of Rising's house (not actually breaking through it).

He got up from the ground and rubbed his head after the collision as stars orbited around his head. "Don't worry about me, I've got a thick skull," he said.