Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think about Russia?

ARagY

My father's father currently lives in Moscow. That's about as close as I'll get to Russia, family-wise.

I honestly am very curious about their culture. Yes I'm a stupid CoD kid who got interested in Russia and I just find it very amazing. The language is also one of the prettiest I ever heard. 

• Brohoof 2

I am scared to death that Russia could be the next target of yet another ill advised war, Putin is clearly bad news and my sympathies go out to the people of Ukraine but it would be great if we didn't have World War III. As for the country itself like I said before Putin is bad news, Russia string of political corruption after the Soviet Union fell does make me wonder how much it really changed? It seems like one monster got traded for another which is quite sad but that seems to have been the history of that country. As many problems as America has I am glad I live there and not in Russia, don't get me wrong I have nothing against the people as they are victims of this system but it is a mess over there.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 5

(edited)

My father's father currently lives in Moscow. That's about as close as I'll get to Russia, family-wise.ec

Oh? Is he a businessman or leisurely?

I honestly am very curious about their culture. Yes I'm a stupid CoD kid who got interested in Russia and I just find it very amazing. The language is also one of the prettiest I ever heard. 

I like the language, too. I think its beautiful in sound and in writing. I heard it sounds harsh to outsiders like German but that's because of intonation because of lack of question/sentence difference, meaning the only way for a question to usually be distinguished from a sentence is by raising your voice like you would for a question in English

I am scared to death that Russia could be the next target of yet another ill advised war, Putin is clearly bad news and my sympathies go out to the people of Ukraine but it would be great if we didn't have World War III. As for the country itself like I said before Putin is bad news, Russia string of political corruption after the Soviet Union fell does make me wonder how much it really changed. It seems like one monster got traded for another which is quite sad but that seems to have been the history of that country. As many problems as America has I am glad I live there and not in Russia, don't get me wrong I have nothing against the people as they are victims of this system but it is a mess over there.

Well honestly I think Putin's both helped and kept Russia where it is. And yes the system is corrupt but think how much worse it could get without him. It's not THAT bad to live in either, after all, people move to China for some reason.

Edited by ARagY
  • Brohoof 1

Well honestly I think Putin's both helped and kept Russia where it is. And yes the system is corrupt but think how much worse it could get without him. It's not THAT bad to live in either, after all, people move to China for some reason.

I suppose it is true that the Russia people don't have very many options but I still think Putin is bad news though has been through far worse with Ivan the Terrible and of course Stalin. 

• Brohoof 1

I think it's rather corrupt. :wacko: Probably not a country that I would want to visit, but to be honest I don't know much about Russia.

I do like the Russian language though. :) I tried to memorize the Russian alphabet once just for fun, but I've probably forgotten it now :P

• Brohoof 2

Russia is one of my favorite countries I love a lot about it from having a hardcore military to amazing war tactics, the temperatures they can tolerate its just amazing.... I'm also trying to learn Russian so I can have a secondary language......

oh and there is this one guy in my class who uses Russians at the ass of his jokes I'm tempted to say something in Russian to him

also I can do a flawless Russian accent

• Brohoof 2

Ah, yes..... 

A pretty rich and diverse culture, where traditions of the west mix with those of east going back for centuries. Many influential figures throughout history, some are seen as evil, others as saviors. I must admit I have not done much study on Imperial Russia , most of my knowledge is 20th century on-wards.  I will not mention much on the Soviet Union , but one should check your facts before coming to a conclusion. Russia today is not an ideal country, but no country is.  The corruption has decreased significantly since the 90s , particularly in police and large companies/corporations. As far as old Vlad, I support some of his policies and ideas, but not others (for instance the policies towards gays, but it should also be noted that it is gangs who attack gays and account for the large amount of  controversy). Putin has been a strong leader without a doubt, and regardless of what the media will tell you about his approval ratings (that they are too high) a huge amount of Russians still support him. 

In regards to recent events, I am and will remain Pro-Russian for the foreseeable future. The annexation of Crimea was not a move to "re-establish the USSR", you must know that:

• Putin is the on opposite side of the political spectrum, a conservative not a "commie"
  • Furthermore the people of Crimea did not want violence, they wanted to avoid a situation like what is happening in Donbass

I am also a strong Support of Novorossiya-The Pro-Russian Separatists. I believe they have the right to solidarity. The Ukrainian military has repeatedly bombarded civilian populated areas in the east ( and with white phosphorus). In addition, fascism is on the rise in Ukraine with many Neo-Nazi and other extremist groups appearing. 

Has Russian supplied the Rebels with weapons and equipment , most probable.

I am not pro-war in any sense,but I beleive that the people of Donbass have a just cause.  I wear a Ribbon of St. George everyday to show my support.

LnZfoGY.jpg

It's cold war Russo-phobia

b4SkIQB.jpg?1

By the way, that memorial was re-taken after it was destroyed.

28qQx7v.jpg

mR3z1Sx.jpg

A bit of history and further elaboration: A history and elaboration of Sergei's interest in the East!

• Brohoof 3

DO NOT GET ME STARTED...

The only words Russians know are... "You fucking noob, you fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck." And "vodka"

Ok, now gaming Russians aside.

They are quite nice people when their not blowing up passenger planes, and being a threat to the whole world... Ya just gotta look past the retardery!

Now government Russians aside...

I guess they're ok... Ish...

DO NOT GET ME STARTED...

The only words Russians know are... "You fucking noob, you fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck." And "vodka"

Ok, now gaming Russians aside.

They are quite nice people when their not blowing up passenger planes, and being a threat to the whole world... Ya just gotta look past the retardery!

Now government Russians aside...

I guess they're ok... Ish...

The Russian Government did not shoot down MH17, Rebels using a BUK-M1 shot it down thinking it was a Ukrainian Air Force Aircraft.

The BUK-M1 system has a guidance radar system, that's about it, you can only do so much to determine the kind of aircraft. Furthermore rebels operating the equipment would have minimal knowledge in such anyways. No I am not justifying it, I am merely saying it was an accident, Unfortunately such happens in conflict and innocent people suffer.  

• Brohoof 1

My mom was Ukrainian and my dad was Russian. It's a cold, large land with many natural resources for those with the patience to find them, large natural landscapes if you'd like that sort of thing... tourists are usually more into the Russian ladies. As for what i can tell you about Russia, as a country, itself; well. Russia is like the criminal underworld in the political sense; we've all heard about the weapon deals and how they flaunt their power (and they do have it in droves). Then there's Putin, he's basically the failed Russian experiment to clone Chuck Norris and implement him with Russian genetics.  *hides*

Last but not least: Russians themselves are actually nice people when you're on good terms with them. They are quick to temper, and sometimes have a one-track mind, but it's merely my observations of individuals, not every Russian out there.

• Brohoof 2

I really like Russian language the symbols look so beautiful and their accent sounds so lovely. I started learning it while ago. It's wonderful.

As far as the country. I think Russia is good country, but their leaders over the history haven't been so great. I think Russia deserves good leader and not one that half support and half hate. Russian people are very nice people I've not met many, but I can tell that they have very good nature and they are polite. At least the people that I've met.

:)

• Brohoof 3

I think Russia has an interesting culture and language, not to mention how awesome the letters and symbols look.

The only thing that scares me is their military and how powerful and dominant they are. It's hard to imagine what would happen if they went to war with another powerful country (U.S or China).

Other than that, I think Russia is a pretty interesting place.

• Brohoof 1

Russia is full of bad-asses. That's the first thing I think that Russia doesn't lacks in; People.

I can't say they have a good government, because let's face it, no country has good government. We're all corrupted.

I may visit one day Russia, seems like a cool and very interesting place, and the Russian army is along the USA and China the most powerful in the world.

All I can say is that in a top 10 favourite countries, Russia is up there, really high. I think many people like being there, even if some people don't get too comfortable.

I like Russia.  :)

• Brohoof 5

I only interacted with Russian people a couple of times. First was when I studied English in the US for 8 months, there were at least 2 Russien women, but one of them was quite an unpleasant woman. The second time was last year in summer, I went with my family at Punta Cana in Dominican Republic. One day, I went alone with my bro to ride watercrafts. Once over, we observed a man diving in water with a harpoon, and he surfaced with an enormous barracuda. We all praised him and he latter exclaimed ratter proud "I'M RUSSIAN", which made laugh all of us.

The country itself... I dunno, I don't think is awful, but can't say it's nice either. About Putin, I find his memetic badass jokes funny, but that guy is kinda scary and ruthless with his opposition. About his leadership, he's not my president, so, can't say, but he can't be as bad as my ex-god Chavez and my high school president I have to deal currently  >_>

What I can say about that language, is that their accent sounds good. I love when I heard someone talking English with a Russian accent. BTW play Maria Hill's voice samples  in the following page if you want to listen Luna with Russian accent  :yay:

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/tv-shows/Iron-Man-Armored-Adventures/

• Brohoof 1

Russia has never been forced to learn the lesson that America had to learn in the 60's and China is learning now. People are different, everyone should be equal. Like in China, Everyone in Russia looks the same and speaks the same language. If you don't fit into that you are and outsider plain and simple. I recently watched a documentary on Russia. It covered elements of Russian society people may not be familiar with. One part of the documentary spoke about racism in Russia. I know for a fact with my skin color I would not be accepted into Russian society even if I was Orthodox and spoke fluent Russian. There are neo Nazi like groups in Russia with quite a bit of support. Russia isn't able to think beyond the Eastern bloc. There are groups calling for the next World Cup to be taken away from Russia because Russian players have remarked they don't want to play with blacks.

Vladimir Putin is probably the most hated man in Eastern Europe. Russia's desire to control the affairs of its neighbors is why. People argue the U.S. Does the same thing but it is very different. When the U.S. Attempts to sway an ally, That ally was earned thru diplomacy and negotiation. Our allies are not reliant upon us and we are not reliant upon them.

The situation is very different with some Eastern Bloc countries. They couldn't survive without Russian Oil and Russian Natural Gas.  They rely on Russian Imports to stimulate their own economies. Our trade margin with Russia is around less than 10%. The biggest thing that has been impacted has been Vodka and guns. When the Government announced new sanctions against Russia, gun collectors started buying more AK-47s because they will become harder to get soon.

• Brohoof 2

I find Russia to be a harcore country and I find Putin quite hardcore. He has the guts to stand up to Obama who has been nothing but bad news. Don't get me wrong here, but USA's foreign policy is just downright bad. I at least trust them more then I do USA (regarding USA's policy regarding the Middle-East). 

The Ukraine situation is quite sad, but Putin isn't really doing much wrong. The Ukrainian government of Yanukovich was taken over by Ukrainian rebels and then they formed a new government that the EU approved because it was a government that leaning towards the EU. Yanukovich wanted to lean more towards Russia because Russia offered them a better deal. 

I don't blame the Separatists for revolting against the new government of Ukraine but man. Both sides have been really brutal during the conflict. 

People can't really say much about Putin supplying separatists since Obama is supplying Syrian rebels. Supplying rebels that are fighting a legitimate government (I know Assad is dictator but I consider him better then some terrorist controlling Syria. Assad has been fighting terrorists such as Al-Qaeda for years) while Putin is supplying separatists that are fighting an illegal government. 

By sanctioning Russia, EU has only turned Russian interests now east. They are now considering trading with China and other countries more. There are quite few countries in Europe that are dependent on Russia gas. It would be really bad if they would lose the gas. It would be bad for the whole of Europe to lose all the gas to the east. 

It would be really good if all these conflicts would just stop. But sadly they won't until after quite some time. 

If you wanna debate more about countries or smthn I suggest this site: http://satwcomic.com/

• Brohoof 1

The Russian Government did not shoot down MH17, Rebels using a BUK-M1 shot it down thinking it was a Ukrainian Air Force Aircraft.

The BUK-M1 system has a guidance radar system, that's about it, you can only do so much to determine the kind of aircraft. Furthermore rebels operating the equipment would have minimal knowledge in such anyways. No I am not justifying it, I am merely saying it was an accident, Unfortunately such happens in conflict and innocent people suffer.  

I'm going to agree with everything you just said by default (facts of the matter and horrible tragedy aside) because your signature pic is the most beautiful thing I've seen today.

Anyhow, since people have said a lot of fairly true things here, all I'll say is that I'm a little cautious about how some people romanticize Russia a lot these days. I mean, don't get me wrong, Russian culture is one of my favourites in the world, I geuninely respect the tenacity and dignity of the Russian people, I love their utterly amazing hats and military uniforms and when I play Red Alert I only ever Soviet. Because why the ad would I be anyone else?

But all this talk of Stalin being a total bro and how "Movfer Russha iz da bst kuntry eva lol" are kind of missing out on how some bad things have happened there that no-one should forget about. Just like how the bad things that America, Britain and just about every country ever did and still do shouldn't be forgotten about. It's just I've been seeing an awful lot of Sovietophiles (and not the kind that actually do the Soviet Union justice), enough for me to kinda notice and raise an eyebrow, even compared to other countries' fanboys. 

And I don't know about Putin. All I'll say is that I'm glad he doesn't know I exist.

• Brohoof 3

Anyhow, since people have said a lot of fairly true things here, all I'll say is that I'm a little cautious about how some people romanticize Russia a lot these days. I mean, don't get me wrong, Russian culture is one of my favourites in the world, I geuninely respect the tenacity and dignity of the Russian people, I love their utterly amazing hats and military uniforms and when I play Red Alert I only ever Soviet. Because why the ad would I be anyone else?   But all this talk of Stalin being a total bro and how "Movfer Russha iz da bst kuntry eva lol" are kind of missing out on how some bad things have happened there that no-one should forget about. Just like how the bad things that America, Britain and just about every country ever did and still do shouldn't be forgotten about. It's just I've been seeing an awful lot of Sovietophiles (and not the kind that actually do the Soviet Union justice), enough for me to kinda notice and raise an eyebrow, even compared to other countries' fanboys. 

Your right about that. Stalin did a lot of awful things. Never liked the guy really :okiedokielokie:  . 

The reason why I'm supporting Russia is because they aren't entirely in wrong regarding the Ukraine crises. Also I'm just kinda frustrated how USA is always painted as a saint and that they never do bad things. The "Russia is evil" is kinda old and not true. USA has been doing far far far more bad then Russia has. I however am against the annexation of Crimea although it was really justified and they had a good reason to do so. But still I'm against it because of the manner in which it was done. 

I'm actually a fan of Germany  :wub:  (not the nazi one :okiedokielokie: ).

• Brohoof 2