Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How often do you use profanities?

RainbowMau

I sware quite a bit. It's kinda funny though since not that many people have heard me talk at my school they are all surprised that I swear like every 3 sentences. it's also kinda odd lots of people think I speak in a french accent and I have no idea why.

Yup. All the time. I try to use profanities only as a means of extreme sentiments towards something. However, it loses meaning if it's said too much, or it's "not funny" if that's what one is trying to accomplish.

Yeah, maybe more than I should...  Only around people that I'm comfortable with though, and only rarely in writing (unless there's a point to it).  My mouth is pretty clean around parents/employers/strangers/etc.

Oh yes... I swear as much as I do draw breath :lol:

I guess it's something from my upbringing. From where I spent most of my childhood, profanities aren't seen as the sign of disrespect. They're more like there to indicate that you're being casual about subjects at hand.

• Brohoof 1

I don't swear often. I go entire days, sometimes weeks without swearing. It adds to the impact when I do swear. Even then, I usually just use Bloody. I'm English, after all.

When the situation arises, I am fully prepared to bring out... SWEARING IN FOREIGN LANGUAGES. Latin, Japanese, French, they all have some great profanities.

I have the worst habit of cursing. I try and at least limit it around one of my friends cause I swear a lot and use God's name in vain and well she's really religious, I have some kind of courtesy so I'll use a lot of pony related "cuss words" around her.

But I'm trying to break the habit, just today I did cuss after arguing with my little brother. I went into my room and said "I'm gonna slap the cupcake out of him." 

so yay, didn't cuss.  :squee:  already workin on cleanin my vocab up. even if it is baby steps.  B)

I don't have anything against people who do use profanities, but I almost never use them, not even when I am angry or seriously injured. (Seriously. I once had a knife go almost all the way through my hand and I still kept proper decorum.) I guess it's just how I was raised.

Even though I'm not British, I use "bloody" a lot. It's such an easy way to show frustration that almost rolls off the tongue.

For instance, in a line of code: "// draw the bloody window handle and be done with it."

Other than bloody, the only other swear word I use casually is shit. It's such a versatile word it's not even funny. Plus it isn't that big of a deal anyway, it's honestly no different than saying poop, stool, scat, feces, droppings or dung. Those are all the same thing, but for some reason they're not viewed in the same light. Well, that's how I justify it anyway. I don't use anything else too lightly.

• Brohoof 1

what the fuck kind of question is this? Do you think that just because I am a fucking young woman that I would not be swearing? Fuck that "being a lady" bullshit, I say whatever the fucking hell I want, ya cuntbags. :U

...in all seriousness, yeah I do swear. I swear just as much as the average person does. Swearing is not that uncommon, and even then I don't do it all the time. Does it make me a bad person? Nope. 

I don't. I actively make sure I don't swear. I don't have a problem with anybody else swearing, but I try not to let my emotions control me, so it's more an exercise in self-control for me whenever I'm angry (i.e. any time I would want to swear.)

• Brohoof 2

Yep I do curse a little bit, but I don't go out of my way to say em' all too often because nobody likes to hear it all of the time.

Depends on the situation and who I'm with really though I can be creative with some of the words I come up with..  :comeatus:

When I was younger, swearing would get me a smack and an hour in my room. It's stuck with me to the point that I feel dirty even reciting those words in my head. :muffins:

#7YearOldatHeart

• Brohoof 1

More often than i'd like. I usually water-down everything i say when i'm with family or around kids, but if something catches me unprepared, sometimes i can't help it. It isn't bad though, i love my exotic vocabulary when i need to use it.