Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Canada VS American Patriocity

RarityAtHerFinest

So, I'm a canadian, and here nobody wants to grow up and fight for their country. Where when I went to America, and asked what people wanted to do when they grow up, 20% of them said fight for America. What little kids say that? I want to die for my country when I grow up. Canadian's be like, "No way an hail I'm fightin' unless the gouvernment threats my life for me too". I almost want to move the America :P ~No racism intended.

• Brohoof 1

Wait. If you're canadian, aren't you already in America? Isn't America a continent?

Anyways with the obvious sarcasm, as a country I prefer Canada much more, it's SO much better to live there. Canada is one of the most beautiful least dangerous places to live in. But Canadian people have some weird tastes.

Is it true that you get your milk in bags? I've heard that a lot...

USA is one of the worst countries. So big, so powerful, yet the goverment is so dumb. I don't know abou the Canadian government, but I haven't heard anything bad from it so that might be a good sign overall.

For me: Canada > USA.

This is coming from a spanish dude.

Yes, we get our milk in bags, and I was talking about USA when I said america. If anyone powerful smack talks USA, world war can start. So I am hoping we stay friends :P Canada and USA. USA would clearly win in a fight, though.

Nah, Russia and China can kick USA's ass.

Russians are not the best fighters, they're definately bigger though. I would personally assist USA, so would alot of canadians, and other countries, mexico might help. People are more bond about the defend, not the attacker, so not much of them would help China or Russia.

Yes, we get our milk in bags, and I was talking about USA when I said america. If anyone powerful smack talks USA, world war can start. So I am hoping we stay friends :P Canada and USA. USA would clearly win in a fight, though.

wait you get your milk out of bags. what province/territory do you live in?

also I was searching how much of Canada I can buy. turns out I couldn't afford Nunavut (bad pun is bad)

Edited by The awesome Prussia
  • Brohoof 1

BS! Just look up any world military ranking and it'll put the US at the top http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=United-States-of-America

We have more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world combined. Not to mention how bad ass our air and ground forces are

Edited by Scotti3
  • Brohoof 1

Regarding patriotism, well, America's a superpower, right? They need a big army, and because they have a big population, they need people to behave and always trust the government. So the people that control their culture (which is a scary but true thing) manipulate it with things like films, games and TV shows and so on so that more young people think it's cool to fight wars and believe in !!!THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!. The Canadian government don't do that because they don't need to. I mean, I can't see Canada invading Uzbekistan or Tasmania any time soon, and I don't see Canadian citizens rebelling either.

And I'm not going to say anything about countries fighting. If NATO picked a fight with China, Russia and their Arabian/African allies, it would just be incredibly stupid in every way. 

I adore Canada. I come from Japanese and African immigrants. America is a wonderful country and you will find most people that hate America are actually from America. The reason for that is because of the opportunity here. You don't have to work as hard to get what you want and everything you could want is only a short walk away. Canada has a distinct flavor to it that I enjoy. That ultra die hard "I wanna die for my country" thing comes from people who watch to much FOX news. There's nothing wrong with being a patriot but it shouldn't consume you to a point where you will blindly follow the government into the abyss.

• Brohoof 1

BS! Just look up any world military ranking and it'll put the US at the top http://www.globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=United-States-of-America

We have more aircraft carriers than the rest of the world combined. Not to mention how bad ass our air and ground forces are

Just wait until a couple of Tzar Bombs are thrown into the White House or the Statue of Liberty. Bye, USA.

Wanting to join the military isn't all that uncommon here in the states, and patriotism seems fairly common as well. I'm not sure how patriotic Canadians are. Anyways, yeah I guess I could consider myself patriotic. 

USA is one of the worst countries. 

I think the US is one of the best countries in the world, and I'd like to believe we wouldn't get our asses kicked so easily by commies. 

36a03832f7473f3db2b13e436da8fb70_xlarge.

Canada is awesome too by the way. Another shining beacon of freedom.

1528679_10200527935440908_1290081934_n.j

• Brohoof 2

I was born in America and I will die in America.

I shall stand by my country no matter what.

Although the US's economy seems to be dragging it's assat the moment, I still have a better chance of getting a job, car, and a good life more than other countries.

And this is coming from a guy who lives in New York, so that's saying something.

So I'm stickin' to American Patriocity.

Edited by Big Smoke

Just wait until a couple of Tzar Bombs are thrown into the White House or the Statue of Liberty. Bye, USA.

Are you kidding? History has shown that attacking the US within our borders is the biggest mistake since it just gives us more more reason to fight. Look at Pearl Harbor and right after the twin towers fell. Both of those attacks were meant to strike fear into our hearts and both times we emerged with stronger resolve than ever before. Even if some county was magically able to occupy all of the US simultaneously, 'Murican patriotism would still overcome any adversary that tried to take our liberty.

</off topic>

I think Canada is pretty cool and I really hope I go to visit one of these days. One of my friends is from Canada and goes hunting there each year and always tells me how beautiful it is.

Edited by Scotti3
  • Brohoof 1

Military service is often done out of patriotic duty but there are also many who do it for the college money or simple because they have nowhere else to go. With that said there are plenty of Americans that given the right circumstances would enlist and fight for their country. But with all of these pointless wars and increasingly little to show for it more and more are question the reckless and irresponsible foreign policy that American has had for the last 100 years or so with intervention being the norm rather than the exception. All the warnings of the founding fathers of not getting into entangling alliances and finding dragons to slay are being ignored by congress and the president but are being rediscovered by more and more Americans.

Are you kidding? History has shown that attacking the US within our borders is the biggest mistake since it just gives us more more reason to fight. Look at Pearl Harbor and right after the twin towers fell. 

9/11 is a bad example because it actually did make Americans shit their pants in fear, it played right into terrorist hands by causing an over reaction by doubling down on the same foreign policy mistakes which lead to all this hatred in the first place. None of this police state garbage like the Patriot Act would have been able to pass if the American people weren't being paranoid.

With how thin American forces are spread right now you are probably right. Interestingly enough it was one of the main factors that caused America to win the revolution, with the French and a few other European powers allying with the Americans toward the end of the war it turned the revolution into a global war and spread British forces so thin and with rebellions in other colonies they had to let go.

• Brohoof 1

You honestly think blowing up the White House or the Statue of Liberty would ultimately end the USA?

We've recovered from big disasters and assassinations in the past.

It would definitely be extreme, but our goverment, military, and economy would be hardly be affected.

Plus I don't think a terrorist bomber could come within a mile of the White House.

And why would anyone want to start shit with one of the world's major leading superpowers?

You honestly think blowing up the White House or the Statue of Liberty would ultimately end the USA?

We've recovered from big disasters and assassinations in the past.

It would definitely be extreme, but our goverment, military, and economy would be hardly be affected.

Plus I don't think a terrorist bomber could come within a mile of the White House.

And why would anyone want to start shit with one of the world's major leading superpowers?

Nah, it won't end all of you, but giving the fact that 1 Tzar Bomb was already 3800 times more powerful than the bomb y'all  threw on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, pretty much with a couple of those USA is royally screwed.

that's kinda how America has been since we started to rebel against England a good amount of us want to fight for the freedom of our nation

which is why I respect our soldiers they give a great sacrifice to ensure our safety and I hear a lot of talk how people say the army is a way to fool the young into losing their lives..... well someone has to make that sacrifice otherwise we would of fallen years ago

• Brohoof 1

Nah, it won't end all of you, but giving the fact that 1 Tzar Bomb was already 3800 times more powerful than the bomb y'all threw on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, pretty much with a couple of those USA is royally screwed.

We can take strict precautions and hope that it will never happen to us.

Couldn't this happen to ANY country though?

Also I don't think this would happen because no one wants to start a nuclear war.