Banner by ~ Zero

What would be the outcome of an industrial revolution in Equestria?

Ive been thinking, what would an industrial revolution in Equestria look like, and what would the outcomes be?

Seeing as how Equestria has varied degrees of technology, from simple medieval weapons to 60's DJ equipment (yes I know what era its from) I believe that a industrial revolution would being about a variety of different things. Most likely the outcome would be something mirroring a steampunk society I assume with zeppelins earth ponies and unicorns can use, in fact we've seen some already, and technology would be much more advanced but not to the point where there are giant factories everywhere. What do you guys think, is such a industrial leap even possible in Equestria?  

Dont worry, the pegasi can get rid of that in a jiffy  

That's assuming they can push smoky clouds the same as water clouds without severely limiting their flying days (and lifespans) due to emphysema and lung cancer.

While I like the concept...Like REALLY LIKE the concept...I do not think it would fit in FiM

Now if Gen Five was a Steam Punk Bioshock esk setting I think I would pass out from awesome

but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

(Rarity and her R63 counterpart Elusive as THE TWINS... you're welcome)

Edited by Buck Testa

While I like the concept...Like REALLY LIKE the concept...I do not think it would fit in FiM Now if Gen Five was a Steam Punk Bioshock esk setting I think I would pass out from awesome but we will cross that bridge when we come to it.

Yes I really admire the concept of a Steampunk Equestria, while its not a direction the show will take it makes very interesting stories on FimFiction.  

Yes I really admire the concept of a Steampunk Equestria, while its not a direction the show will take it makes very interesting stories on FimFiction.

Yes! I now crave steampunk ponies and wish to read of them. There has got to be some good ones out there.

Actually, take a step back folks and look at Manehatten, it's already there. The Industrial revolution has happened in pockets across Equestria. Say in Canterlot their Industrial Revolution isn't so much industrial as much as it is magical. For Cloudsdale, it's a different kind of setting, almost a cross between then two because of the Weather Factory. 

And then you have little Ponyville, a farming settlement in a rural area. No, we're not going to see a lot of specialiced technology, or magic. We're going to see more of a fairy tale village sort of deal, on the edge of a dark forest with wilderness and dangerous animals. 

So yeah, as cool as a steampunk world would be, Equestria is a little more diverse. ;) 

Quaver Ava