Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

resolved Links

RarityAtHerFinest
Go to solution Solved by Jeric,

You can post links to YouTube, but as long as they are tasteful and not violate any of the forum rules. Try to keep them in relation to what the topic is or if it's a video you have made and you want to make a topic about it, try to make it have some content to it where it can be discussed about. Otherwise, just put it in a status update.

• Brohoof 1

Wait, do you mean actually posting videos on this site?

If so then Yes, it is perfectly acceptable to post links to youtube videos as long as the video in question is appropriate to the sites community rules and guidelines and is relevant to the topic you are discussing if you post it in a topic. Also you do not need a disclaimer for posting videos on this site.

• Brohoof 1

Can I post a link to youtube? I mean, if I post on the website I could get more warning points. But if I put a disclaimer is it legal to post youtube links?

We allow links to YouTube, and other 3rd party sites, yes. However the video content in question MUST be allowable per the Global Rule. If you post an NSFW video for example, then it would be subject to moderation, warning points, etc. Posting pirated content is also a no no here. Disclaimers do NOT protect you from moderation.

For your convenience this is how to post a video

The IPB software automatically embeds a YouTube link for you without using any special bbcode tags. This is the most common method, so I'll cover that.

1. Find the video

2. Click the share tab

3. Make sure the share sub tab is also active (do not go to the 'embed' tab)

4. uncheck the playlist and and 'start at boxes'

5. you should have a link in the url box that starts like this

6. Simply copy paste it in the forum reply editor

7. Hit the submit button

8. Voila.

Note that there is a limit to how many videos you can embed in one post.

Visual Reference included below. Yes I watch Dr. Wolf. :D

img-2959701-1-vR1VYlR.png

• Brohoof 2

@RarityAtHerFinest

A good rule to follow is this - if you find it questionable - don't post it. However, if you feel on the rare instance that it would be something worthwhile and you have a concern, yes you can run it by the Moderation Team. Please be aware that they are extremely busy when logged it, so there could be a delay in getting a final answer to you. Also, please take note of the Moderation Team responsible for each forum.

The complete team as it stands today can be found here. Also, a full breakdown of their coverage, as well as the other staff members, can be found here

As far as sending me links, while I consider myself a good arbiter in various matters in life, I am not a member of the Moderation Team. Again, the Global Rules should always be your first resource, a Moderator can assist as well.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have confirmed the issue and were able to resolve it quickly. We will be marking this as closed.