Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever met a Hater (IRL)?

SailorMedamonGirl1

Yep, at least one. I already hated this person in the first place 0, so it didn't hurt me much. I don't even know if he's looked at the new show - he claimed he did, but then when I tested him by asking if there were any humans in it (EQG hadn't been heard of at the time), he nodded. And then I realised he was probably looking at G1

• Brohoof 1

Nope. I was a Non-Brony once, but never presumed to tell others what they shouldn't enjoy. I did kind of make fun of an online friend for liking the show once, but I feel bad for it now that I hear of all the terrible things Bronies have had to endure. I assure you that I don't know anyone in real life who would persecute someone for their hobbies. I never actually met any Bronies in real life till attending Brony Can though, and am still a closet Brony, so perhaps the stars haven't aligned in such a way that I could have met an Anti-Brony. Based on what I've seen online though, Anti-Bronies are a vocal minority made up of immature brats. How psychotic must one be to care whether other people enjoy something? Normal people with no psychological issues don't give stuff they don't care for a second thought.

• Brohoof 1

I have not gotten the privilege to meet one but when I do I can tell its going to result with me reversing his insults, love and tolerating him, then he would try to fight me and I would either A out run him or B stand my ground

but chances of that happening are very low cause I have plans on joining police and who in the right mind would try to fight someone who shows them a police badge let alone harass them

• Brohoof 1

Probably. I wouldn't be surprised if I did. But I wouldn't have noticed because I was paying as much attention to their personal preferences, as they should have done to mine. If someone has ever come out against me for it, I've shrugged them off quicker than a spider that spontaneously wants to befriend your shoulder.

• Brohoof 1

The only people who have given me shit for it are my brother, my best friend (heh), and another friend but once I told him to not worry about it he never brought it up again. My brother just brushes it off and actually likes some of the music. My best friend justworries that it will get me shunned by society and get no game with the girls. They think I get constantly bullied or something. Nope. I have gotten a lot of compliments on the brony stuff. And it isnt like it takes over my entire life so there are more things to me than just being a brony.

• Brohoof 1

Nope. My friends have poked fun at it before but all just harmless jokes, heck even my art teacher last year poked fun at me for it. He was cool though so I didn't mind.

I'm pretty open about it too. Like my binder is decorated with pony stuff, I have a pony lanyard for school, and I'll wear my pony hoodie every so often. Not to mention I doodle them constantly in class and my friend in painting is a brony too so we have really stupid discussions about ponies, no one seems to care enough to say anything.

I've even gone as far as to watch ponies in class on netflix. And for someone with social anxiety and always being nervous about being judged i'd say I'm doing pretty good. Granted, I've gotten some nasty looks from a couple parents and some old hag at a build a bear for making a couple ponies, the older people were completely rude compared to my peers in high school. I feel it should be the other way around lol.

• Brohoof 1

Well, they don't have to be on the internet. Bronies have become such a widespread and huge thing that people who have no idea what a fandom is know about it now and of course reject it with disgust. Unfortunately, my family is part of this majority. I even had middle-schoolers come up to me once, feeling like their derogatory opinion is valued.

Edited by Broken bird .
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I really, really am sick of people hating on other fandoms. I seen a furry group hate on Bronies today. I believe furries are not that different from us bronies. This world we live in is so very sad because people would do anything to hurt your feelings. And knock you down, over and over again. What a mess :( :(

• Brohoof 3

I really, really am sick of people hating on other fandoms. I seen a furry group hate on Bronies today. I believe furries are not that different from us bronies. This world we live in is so very sad because people would do anything to hurt your feelings. And knock you down, over and over again. What a mess :( :(

"What's truly important in life is cherishing who you are and the beauty in being alive." -Midnight Pallette

• Brohoof 1

Well, my brother mocked me when I started watching it but he wised up and respects that we all have that weird interest. I don't bring it up,though. 

• Brohoof 1

Well as far as MLP haters, no. Haters in the general public? All the time. It's mostly other people my age, they are the most critical. That is why I get along better with people older than me. It happens when I'm stared at, and happens when they are in groups, they feel invincible so they run their lips too much. But little do they know what I think about them. I would love to meet them in a boxing ring, everything goes, no rules. I will methodically take them down and bring them to justice so they think twice about picking on strangers. :)

• Brohoof 1

- During my high school years, my peers kept making fun of bronies.

- One time, at an Aspergers meetup at a restaurant. After talking about how it is wrong to call virgins losers (which I agree with) and that it is wrong for sports fans to beat each other up for liking a different team (which I also agree with), One brought up the idea of a MLP carousel and made fun of and laughed at the idea of bronies getting excited about riding it. I don't know if I was just experiencing feelings after realizing that I feel out of place in this group or that they were making fun of something that I enjoy, but I felt that they were being hypocritical.

• Brohoof 2

Yeah... I have this one coworker. We work at a grocery store, and in the past she did returns (returning stuff to the shelf). One day she had misplaced MLP toys and she was so adverse to MLP that she wouldn't even touch them. LOL. She just really hates the brand for some reason.

Only hate I've ever had IRL is from a kid I know who clings to me, thinking he's an evil master mind, and he's a violent autistic kid with a big temper. He hates My Little Pony with a passion. My brother is constantly calling me gay because I watch it, and my grandma doesn't approve(probably thinks I am gay, which I'm not)

I used to be a hater, til i came here. Just joking :)

But i don't know if the term is justified. I mean lets say you don't like jelly. And someone asks if you want jelly, and the person answers, nah don't like it. And then the person frowns and call the person over there a hater. Or if someone wants to discuss on the internet what they don't like about this and that. I prefer if people discuss about what is beneficial. Something they are wondering about and not just pure despise. But sometimes it can be good for that person to let it out if they really feel like it.

For example some friend of mine don't like YouTube saying that it is stupid. Which i respect. But in the internet world that might be considered a hater.

So if criticism of someone or something on the internet is silenced then anything can go. So i personally think its good that it exists. I mean one should avoid doing it simply just to be rude or inpolite to others. But if its something they think then i think their opinion should be as valid if they can construct it due to what that person thinks about this issue.

But to answer the question. No. Due to that i have not shared it with anyone except a close friend that i use to chat with sometimes. She seem kinda cool with it, but she kinda frows her eyebrow when thinking about MLP i think. But i respect her.

I try to stay more open minded. Sometimes i do feel close minded too people, and that's not good due to being open to what other people have to say

Edited by ShintX

Well.....

A long long time ago on a 4chan board far far away....

(It's 2010-2011)

There was an 11 year old kid called Ewan. Ewan was a dick. He went and called bronies (a new emerging internet sub-culture at the time) fags, queers, gaylords, cocksuckers etc.

After any pony related post was banned on 4chan (for a short while) Ewan got bored and forgot almost everything about bronies.

*skip forward to July 2013*

Ewan found out (after seeing that one of his friends changed his Xbox profile pic to Princess Cadence) that 3 of his friends were bronies. At first Ewan was like "You guys are fucking queer!" But after 2 days Ewan was willing to accept that bronies were people and people can think what they want. He didn't give a shit.

After a couple of weeks (now August) one of Ewan's brony friends issued Ewan a challenge. The challenge was to watch EVERY mlp episode currently released without becoming a brony. Normally Ewan wouldn't have accepted this challenge, but this was Aaron challenging him. Ewan always accepted and always beat Aarons challenges. So Ewan accepted.

In short Ewan failed the challenge after seeing the awesome of discord and became a brony. Later that month (it's now October 2013) Ewan said he was a Brony and joined MLP forums the next March as BritishBrony 13.

Yes i have met a hater. That was me. Also (although i haven't met him) my non-brony friend's older brother hates bronies and said if we ever met he will kill me.

Edited by BritishBrony 13
  • Brohoof 1

Well a few weeks ago a 7th grader gave me some negative comments on the school bus (probably because of my Rainbow Dash pullover) but I nailed him, don't worry not physically (though I could because I'm like 4 years older), keep reading.

Here's the condensed version of our conversation

"You're a fag."

"How so?"

"You like my little pony."

"How does that make me a fag?"

"You wear that pullover and it makes you gay."

"How does wearing a pullover makes me gay?"

"It has my little pony on it?"

"How does my little pony makes me gay?"

"It's a show for little girls."

"Yes but how does that make me gay?"

"You like a little girl's show."

"How does that make me gay?"

"It's stupid that you do, you gay fag."

"That did not answer my question."

After that point he just went mute. A few minutes later the bus got a bit heated up so of course then I casually took off my Rainbow Dash pullover and revealed my metal gear tshirt underneath.

• Brohoof 2