Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Just how legendary is Star Swirled the Bearded?

PoisonClaw

Star Swirled the Bearded seems to quickly be becoming something of a mythological figure in Equestrian history. He greatly contributed to the study of magic enough that he has his own archive named after him, he was mentor to Clover the Clever prior to the events that would become Hearts Warming Eve, he befriended Scorpan prior to Tirek's first attempt to take over Equestria, attempted to create (though unsuccessfully) a spell capable of ascending a pony into an Alicorn and is apparently famous enough that he has his own traveling museum.

Factoring in the books, comics and Rainbow Rocks however, he's also the one who mentored both Celestia and Luna prior to Discord's reign, created the magic mirror used in Equestria Girls, as well as a more advanced one that was essentially a Stargate in that it allowed him to set in co-ordinates for different parallel worlds and banished the three Sirens across parallel dimensions, time and space to the Equestria Girl's universe. Basically, if it happened over a thousand years ago, chances are good Star Swirl was involved somehow.

Also, he's not Discord. I don't care what anyone says! 

With all that, what else could he have done? We saw that he dabbled in time magic, so what are the chances that he could actually show up one day?

• Brohoof 3

I would love to see him show up to help Twilight out. She'd flip out over seeing Star Swirled the Bearded. I know he used to lower the moon and raise the sun with other unicorns before Celestia and Luna. He also seemed to know about the Tree of Harmony and the destinies of those tied into it.

The only thing that holds him back is not having alicorn magic. It makes me wonder if he actually made the Alicorn Amulet to gain that sort of power, but saw how corrupted it was and did away with it.

• Brohoof 1

Given he managed to de-age himself in The Journal Of The Two Sisters, he could be living in retirement in some obscure mountains or something even to this day.

Man I need to read that..

And honestly I think they're doing a little too much for Star Swirled.. Celestia should have banished the sirens in EQ:RR and in the movie they even did his oc wrong > -< I support everything else besides that.

(and yes, he is not Discord)

Celestia should have banished the sirens in EQ:RR 

I think it was before Celestia's time. Starswirl is older than her and was in charge of a lot before the princesses reigned.

And I have never heard of this weird Discord theory. Sounds bad. lol Discord is Discord and Starswirl is Starswirl.

I'm pretty sure that he is a pony version of Merlin 

but to be honest in comparison the pony star swirl the bearded is far more epic.

lol just look at all of the thing starswirls done. 

I think it was before Celestia's time. Starswirl is older than her and was in charge of a lot before the princesses reigned.

And I have never heard of this weird Discord theory. Sounds bad. lol Discord is Discord and Starswirl is Starswirl.

But that wouldn't make any sense time wise…. if he sent the sirens, and the sirens were banished into the other world then a generation would go by. (and to our knowledge, time between the two hasn't been confirmed slower or faster) If time was normal, that would have made the sirens adults, not teens. It makes more sense if Celestia banished them when she was ruling shortly after Luna's banishment. (That's just me though)

• Brohoof 1

But that wouldn't make any sense time wise…. if he sent the sirens, and the sirens were banished into the other world then a generation would go by. (and to our knowledge, time between the two hasn't been confirmed slower or faster) If time was normal, that would have made the sirens adults, not teens. It makes more sense if Celestia banished them when she was ruling shortly after Luna's banishment. (That's just me though)

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I just thought that since the sirens had some bit of magic left and drained negative energy that it kept them young and in the peak of their life (since they seem to eat actual food), but that's just my opinion.  :)

Also, they hid their identities in those hoodies, so they might be afraid of being seen which is strange to me as well since they had no problem being seen and singing in front of the whole school.

Edited by HopeFul

That's an interesting way of looking at it. I just thought that since the sirens had some bit of magic left and drained negative energy that it kept them young and in the peak of their life (since they seem to eat actual food), but that's just my opinion.  :)

Lol I love how we both said that xD

But yeah, I guess that would make sense. The sirens being immortal in Equestria, then having magic would keep them young… though if that were true.. they'd turn into old woman when their necklaces were destroyed. But either theory sounds kewl so I support them both xD

• Brohoof 1

I had a thought. They need to make a Christmas special where Starswirl the Bearded is Santa, using a time traveling special to make it around Equestria in one night. lol He even has jingle bells.