Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLP Timeline Discussion

DerpyFanatic

So now that makes me wonder, what about Tia and Luna's parents? what happened to them? or even discord's.

I'm going to assume that Discord never had parents. I stand by the idea that he is simply the embodiment of chaos and not a natural being.

I'm going to assume that Discord never had parents. I stand by the idea that he is simply the embodiment of chaos and not a natural being.

I have a pretty cool headcanon about that: There is a monster in Tartarus called the Echidna. (I imagine at as being some never fully seen and incomprehensible Lovecraftian horror sort of like Azothoth. It has birthed many of the major monsters of the world like the Sirens and Discord.

Now that I've said it though, it can never possibly be canon.

• Brohoof 1

I have a pretty cool headcanon about that: There is a monster in Tartarus called the Echidna. (I imagine at as being some never fully seen and incomprehensible Lovecraftian horror sort of like Azothoth. It has birthed many of the major monsters of the world like the Sirens and Discord.

Now that I've said it though, it can never possibly be canon.

you never know, I've heard other head cannons that became true, though I suppose that one is a bit far fetched when talking of the show.

• Brohoof 1

you never know, I've heard other head cannons that became true, though I suppose that one is a bit far fetched when talking of the show.

Echidna is from Greek Myth which the show uses a lot of already. So it is possible we'll see Echidna appear in some form. A "mother of all monsters" is too cool to not be used :P

• Brohoof 1

Echidna is from Greek Myth which the show uses a lot of already. So it is possible we'll see Echidna appear in some form. A "mother of all monsters" is too cool to not be used :P

I agree, we have already seen queens used throughout such as queen crysaliss so I don't see why not, though I suppose this lands my head cannon firmly into the fan fiction category.

So now that makes me wonder, what about Tia and Luna's parents? what happened to them? or even discord's.

There's no mention of them in any canonical source, however according to the Journal Of the Two Sisters both Celestia and Luna were raised by "the alicorns". The implications are that there was an entire group(if not entire race) of them over a thousand years ago. What happened to them, and more specifically to Celestia and Luna's parents, is anyone's guess at this point.

I posted a poll on "How long did the 1st 3 seasons last?"  Last I looked, about 40-50% go with 1 year & almost nobody goes w more than 3 years.  Also, IIRC I was told that Starswirl helped the princesses acquire the Elements of Harmony. 

As to the age of the Mane 6, it makes sense that Rainbow Dash turned 18 when she applied to the Wonderbolts (IMO, she did this as soon as legally eligible).  Also, here in the USA you start 1st grade at age 6, so it makes sense T would be 6 at the time of the Rainboom. If she was 3, then she must have been applying for preschool.  Either way, she must have been just about the 1st in her class to get her cutie mark. Dash was 1st in her class to get her Cutie Mark, so Fluttershy is probably a little older.

Also, I've heard that the Jewish calendar starts w year 1 as the year they reckon God created the world.  Always seemed like a sensible idea to me.  Avoids all the BC & AD crap & the confusion of negative numbers  & restarting every time there is a new era.

Overall, pretty impressive & I hope you do a revised timeline.

• Brohoof 1