Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Kyoshi!

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

On a scale from 1 to 10, how much do you like Nintendo?

Good question. I would say......a 6-7. Nintendo has been doing a lot of really cool things lately, Amiibos are actually really neat and I am enjoying the 3DS and Wii U, despite the third party titles being pretty bad. That is the thing though, Nintendo is terrible with third parties and it is a shame, their systems suffer as a result and now they are already working on this NX thing, whatever it is. Seems pointless right now. Not to mention, the Youtube disaster they have been creating and now going after Speed runs and rom hacks? Not cool

So my final score is a 6 for now, with all of that considered. 

Thank you for the question. ^.^

It seems you're a Nintendo & more importantly, a Zelda fan. what's your favorite Zelda game, Kyoshi? 

I deeply apologize for not answering this. :c I completely spaced it and forgot it was even here. :\ 

My favorite Zelda game though...That is a difficult choice really...but I have to go with Ocarina of Time for this. It has always been the ultimate Zelda game for me and I have played through it countless times, I absolutely love it. :3 Wind Waker or Mjaora's Mask would come in a close second I think. :)

Thank you as well for the question. ^___^

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Why is the majority of you're posts at 5:00 PM?

Oh and..Hey Kyoshi!   :3

THAT SECOND ONE IS NOT A QUESTION!!!!

*ahem*

Oh, hey there. :3 

As for the question, I am not sure actually, are my posts like that? XD Seems like a coincidence. I tend to not focus on a completely specific time, though sometimes I tend to a lot during a certain timeframe, like say between 1pm -5pm, something along those lines so that could have an effect on that. I am weird like that, I tend ot have some strict routines during the day. :P

Thank you for the question! ^____^

• Brohoof 1

What is your favorite 3D platformer?

Ooooh, tough choice. Instant choices that spring to my mind are Super Mario 64 (of course) and Banjo Kazooie which is also a complete classic. Both of those games were huge in my childhood. Another awesome one is Donkey Kong 64 but I have not played one near as much as I would like, it was waaaaay ahead of its time. Rareware was just amazing. XD So I would have to go with Mario 64 and Banjo Kazooie. :3

Thank you for the question. ^____^

• Brohoof 2

Do you like dank memes that go beyond memeality?

Actually, there are many memes I don't like at all. XD Often, it seems many memes are either overused or not used in any funny way or a combination of both. In fact, if a meme were to go beyond memeality, it would become a meme in the stars, causing galactic 4chan posts that become imprinted into the cosmos itself. That would be problematic.

Thank you for the question though. ^__^ It was interesting. :P

@@Kyoshi: That's great to hear. 5th geenration goodness :lol:.

And I forgot I have some other questions for you:

- What is your thoughts about mixing a 3D platformer with an RPG?

- What would you advice developers when it comes to crowdfunding and attracting gamers?

- Do you like GOG?

- What do you think about the Nintendo NX?

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

"Do you still try to find the good in "bad games" or do you give up on said games if they're terrible?" 

Sorry if this thread is inactive it was the closest one I could find. :twismile:

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Do you still try to find the good in "bad games" or do you give up on said games if they're terrible?" 

Sorry if this thread is inactive it was the closest one I could find. :twismile:

Been a while since I have seen this thread. Feels like an eternity. Glad to see someone cares about it to some extent.

To answer said question, it depends on what kind of game and just how "bad" it is. There are games that have a general consensus of being bad games that I love, like some of the Dynasty Warriors games. What makes me give up is if a game is frustratingly awful. Sometimes one can find joy in something that is less than stellar, but something that is aggravating will prevent even that. I think the best comparison for me, since I brought up the DW series, is Dynasty Warriors 8 Empire vs. Ninety-Nine Knights, which is a hack n slash as well. 8 Empires didn't score well with critics, but I personally get a lot of joy out of it thanks to my sorta roleplay mindset with those games. Even when there isn't a ton of strategy, I like to think from the perspective that there is, it makes it feel more fleshed out. Ninety-Nine Knight however, while sometimes having fun gameplay, is so irritating and it lacks the variety of the DW franchise, so there isn't much joy to find yourself through its problems. 

That is a good question, thanks for asking it. :) 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Samurai Equine said:

It's the Dark Gundam!
I've finally found you... KYOSHI!!!

26a8928adcfab58a796ad757fac1f5c968f1042c

OrneryLiquidIrishwolfhound-size_restrict

*Ahem* Sorry, wrong person. :P

Umm... Do you like G Gundam? It's fine if you don't.

MY HANDS GLOW AND ROAR FOR ME TO DEFEAT YOU!!!!

*coughs*

This is actually a funny question. See, I've NEVER watched a single Gundam related thing in my life (except for the first two episodes of Iron Blooded Orphans which didn't click with me), so I am in the dark on those specifics. However and this is going back to Dynasty Warriors again, I've played the hell out of the Dynasty Warriors Gundam series and those games do a decent job explaining the lore of the franchise. I am still not a huge fan at this point despite my love for those games, but I do adore the mobile suit designs.

As for the G Gundam, that is a pretty good one if I remember correctly from the games. The fact that it is mostly hand-to-hand combat focused is fascinating.

Thanks for the question. :)

17 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

What's that Latin phrasing in your sig mean?

Been a while since I checked the translation. It is also a line from the Psyclon Nine song Behind A Serrated Grin. I believe it translates to something like "Praise be to Lucifer the superior." Something like that.

4 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Oooh! I think I have a good question! :love:

"Arcades or consoles?" 

I have a rather minority opinion on this. Personally, I am not a fan of arcades. The sole reason are the games. For the most part, I love the atmosphere and community focus of arcades. My town had one at one point and it was a nice addition. A lot of arcade games though are not very well designed. Since the entire nature of arcade games is for making money via putting in quarters, so many games are designed with that in mind at the forefront. That leads to so many games being extremely frustrating and so many of them have things like one hit deaths or with fighting games, input reading A.I. This is why when I go back to any NEO GEO games (thanks to their releases on modern systems), I find most of them not very entertaining, because they are designed at their core to take your money but they aren't in the arcade anymore so it makes it less appealing as a home release. One of the only NEO GEO games I consistently enjoy is League Bowling as it doesn't have to rely on cheap deaths to keep you coming back, it just has fun bowling gameplay, especially for the time.

So yeah, I appreciate what arcades are in concept, I just can't get into most games in them.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Dark Rider said:

Which Zelda game is objectively the best? There are no wrong answers, ᵉˣᶜᵉᵖᵗ ᶠᵒʳ ᵗʰᵉ ʷʳᵒⁿᵍ ᵒⁿᵉˢ.

I have now walked into a room filled with difficulty.

Now, I know what most people would say in response to this; Link to the Past. I can see why others would pick that one, but for me it simply isn't the case. I've been replaying LttP recently and it made me realize a lot of things about the game. I personally don't think it is as good as everyone says. For the SNES, it definitely is a damn good game which a huge adventure to take on, that will always be true, but for the Zelda franchise, I don't see it as some hugely groundbreaking thing. Most of the dungeons aren't memorable for me, as are the bosses, and I actually think a lot of the music in the game is either bland or simply bad, like the constantly repeated dungeon music or the terrible boss battle theme. I totally get why people loved this game back then and even now, but I simply don't understand why this game is hailed as the pantheon of greatness in the Zelda franchise.

I owned LttP when I was a kid, but the first Zelda game to hook me was Ocarina of Time. I know people think that game is overrated and blah blah, but I really think it deserves the praise it gets. It upped the ante for the Zelda series in every possible way. The world was massive with tons of unique locations. The dungeons are all memorable, every single one I can instantly envision the moment the name is said and each one has an awesome theme with an equally memorable boss. It was truly the first game that gave me such a pure sense of wonder and adventure.

For me, Ocarina of Time is the perfect summary of what a Zelda game is. I am not downplaying the games that came after it as Nintendo really experimented in the later years and to great success, but none of later games could give me the same feeling that OOT did, though I haven't played through all of them. Majora's Mask is incredible, but for me the time mechanic eventually sours it a little bit. Twilight Princess is another masterpiece, but for some reason I couldn't get into the world as much as before, not sure why. Wind Waker is one I haven't been able to play fully and I really, REALLY want to, so I hope for a Switch re-release as I adore its style. Never played Skyword Sword, but I have heard mixed opinions on that one.

Lastly, I want to mention my controversial opinion; I hated Breath of the Wild. I absolutely couldn't stand that game and I will never understand why it got so much praise from almost everyone. ProJared even gave it a 10/10 and told everyone that they must have the game in their collection. That review convinced me and I ended up selling the game later. The world is gigantic, but as interesting as drywall. The combat system actually felt like a downgrade from the past games with its wonky lock-on. The weapon degradation was horrid and made getting new weapons completely worthless. The dungeons were barely dungeons at all and all the same in aesthetic. The music, from what I heard, was not good in the slightest, the combat music in particular really grating on my nerves, but most of the time you just hear the sound of Link's footsteps as there is no music in the overworld, as if it wasn't bland enough already.

Now, I only put about 10-12 hours into that game, but if a game is boring me to tears even after 10+ hours, then I personally don't see a point.

Soooooo long story short, my pick for best Zelda game is indeed Ocarina of Time. I know it seems like a cliche at this point, but I don't know why people seem to be hating on what is a total masterpiece simply because of time gone by.

Thank you for the question, it really got me in a thinking mood and I do love discussing this kind of thing.

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"What is your favorite line from SpongeBob Squarepants?"

Dare I say that this question is more difficult than the last one? XD The first few seasons of Spongebob, the peak of the show as it were, has so many memorable lines and moments, quite a few going over my head as a kid. Nowadays I adore the subtle humor that the show had back then. Choosing just one line is not easy in the slightest.

I think this answer changes from time to time. Certain lines stick with me and then others will take that place and the cycle repeats. Right now, I adore the part in "Doing Time" where the police fish are hitting that pole but it is not in frame at first.

"We're gonna straighten you out! This'll fix ya!" *proceeds to show them hitting a pole* "Now let's get that one!" Then Spongebob obliterates a building and they respond "BARNACLES did you see that?!" "Yeah...That guy had no front license plate LET'S GET EM!"

I adore that entire section. XD It has been in my head constantly lately. Funny enough, when I was a kid,  I thought the whole "no front license plate" was more of a joke because I didn't know anything about front license plate requirements. Indiana doesn't require that at all, but a lot more states do require it, so that part kinda went over my head as a kid but I still found the core of the joke to be hilarious.

Knowing the odds I may come back to this question with a new answer down the line, my favorite lines often shift. :P

• Brohoof 3

11 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

Hi Kyo.

What is your favourite Godzilla?

Being someone with limited knowledge of the entire franchise, this is not the easiest choice to think about. Most of my GodZ knowledge has come from you really. XD

I think my personal fave is Godzilla 2000. I love his unique focus in design on the spikes, they look really badass. If I recall, doesn't he have different abilities to use with those?

"If video games were people who would you like to be best friends with?"

@Kyoshi "If you lived in Equestria, would you introduce pizza or console-based video games to the ponies first?"

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1