Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why was Fluttershy a lanky filly?

Dashabel

This morning I watched Hurricane Fluttershy, and this question came to mind.

Fluttershy, as a filly, had longer, thinner limbs.

Is it because she was bullied and stressed? Did it affect her health?

The implication they were going for there, I believe, was that she was older than the other fillies and colts at flight camp. Basically, it was like she was a first year student when she was old enough to be a second or even third year, so she was visibly more physically mature--rather teenager-like, with gangly limbs and all.

(She also mentions that she's a year older than Pinkie in the Gilda episode, so she's older than at least one of her friends...)

Like others have said, it's probably because Fluttershy is a bit older. In the flashback, she looks as if she's just beginning to grow into that awkward teen stage where you're all long limbs and skinny body. I should know, I still remember when I was at that point. My arms and legs were long and lanky and all that, and that's what Fluttershy in that flashback reminds me of.

• Brohoof 1

She's canonically one year older than Pinkie, and thus to the best of anyone's knowledge, also one year older than the rest of the Mane Six. Therefore she developed a tall but slim profile earlier than her compatriots. There's nothing to suggest that "trauma" was to blame, although nothing rules it out either. If you want to make that your headcanon, there's not much anyone can do to prevent you.

Maybe she was born early?   Or is just

small for her age like some kids are

till they grow up a bit and such!  Yet her

being that "lanky"  did fit her as a

filly...