Banner by ~ Zero

Can we get rid of the 'time online' statistic?

Shift

Y'SEE THIS STATISTIC MATEY?

NO_zpsf97ded22.png

WHY DO WE HAVE IT? SO WE CAN SEE HOW LONG WE'VE BEEN ON THE FORUMS? BUT WHY? IT'S RUINING MY SELF ESTEEM! I MEAN, I HAVE SPENT [REDACTED] HOURS ON A PONY WEBSITE? THAT'S [REDACTED] DAYS OF MY LIFE I'M NOT GOING TO GET BACK! DON'T TELL ME THE STATS, I JUST WANT TO HAVE FUN WITHOUT WORRYING I'M WASTING MY SHORT LIFE ON A PONY WEBSITE.

SOOOO... YEAH, CAN WE GET RID OF IT? WON'T BE HARMING ANYONE AND IT'LL BOOST MY (AND OTHERS) SELF ESTEEM!

• Brohoof 1

I don't see the stat lowering my self esteem. And there are many things that I've done in  the past and I would like to change them, but I can't do it. I'm not worrying about the time I've done something that I regret and I don't  see it as wasting. I see it as an experience. You shouldn't worry about something that has already happened because you can't change it anymore.

I personally like to see how long I've been here. And I don't see how you are wasting your time if you are having fun here and no one has forced you to come here. You can decide your actions on your own and I don't see it as wasting if it was your decision to come here at the first place.

My advice is that live now. Don't live in the past or in the future. That only puts you down.

• Brohoof 2

My advice is that live now. Don't live in the past or in the future. That only puts you down.

seize.gif

But yeah, while you do bring up a good point we already have our join date up so I don't really know why it would be bad to get rid of the time online thingy.

• Brohoof 3

seize.gif

But yeah, while you do bring up a good point we already have our join date up so I don't really know why it would be bad to get rid of the time online thingy.

Well to me it's nice to see how long people have been here and how active they are. You can't really tell the activity from the joining date. 

Activity levels are a key indicator for a some people (commisions, collabs, Staff etc) and IPB doesn't have a hook to allow that aspect to be user configurable I'm afraid.

Just ignore it, I don't know what mine says.

• Brohoof 5