Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Little Moments That We All Recognize but Never Really Talk About

There is only Ditzy.

Have you ever been doing something very mundane, and then, suddenly stopped to wonder if there are other people out there who have had the same experience? This is our "Little Moments in Life"-thread, where we share those fleeting, little bits of everyday life that go unacknowledged and unappreciated by most of us. Let me start off with a few:

-Have you ever been sitting in a train, at a railroad station, with another train right next to your train, and when one of them starts to move, you can't tell which one it is? 

-Have you ever had to pull your underwear or pants out of your asscrack?

-You ever fall asleep on a late afternoon, wake up after dark, and you can't tell what goddamn day it is?

-Do you ever stare into a blank, white wall, or a bright light source, and then suddenly notice those little, translucent crittery thingies that seem to float across your field of vision? WHAT ARE THOSE?! Why do they do that?!

-Have you noticed how god awful your face looks like in a bathroom that has blue, fluorescent lighting? Every zit, pimple, scab, scar, boil, abcess, and pockmark you've had since birth, magically come back all at the same time.

-Do you ever drink something really cold, really fast, and then get brain freeze? You know, that sudden, unbearable shrilling and piercing pain in your skull, that, at the time, seems to last fucking forever, and you're desperate for it to go away, and when it finally does, then what do you do? YOU TAKE ANOTHER GULP FROM THE GODDAMN DRINK!!! Why do we do this to ourselves?! Are we all subconsciously into masochism or something?!

-You ever take a 15-30-minute nap during the day, wake up, and then have the taste of catpoop in your mouth? How? Why? Why does this happen?! And hey, why does it only happen after POWER NAPS, and not full-night sleeps?!?!?!

Post your own experiences, compare, and discuss!

Edited by Amabilis
  • Brohoof 7

Have you ever hit your toes into a piece of furniture? IT HURTS LIKE @#$&! 

#littlemomentsinlife

Have you ever hit your elbow on to a solid thing and it feels like your elbow has been dilocated but its actually not? IT HURTS A LOT!

#littlemomentsinlife

• Brohoof 5

Do you ever stare into a blank, white wall, or a bright light source, and then suddenly notice those little, translucent crittery thingies that seem to float across your field of vision? WHAT ARE THOSE?! Why do they do that?!

I get these like all the time. I have no idea what they are though.

• Brohoof 2

Hypnagogic jerks.

You're sleeping, right?

You feel yourself about to drift into a dream-like state.

Suddenly, you feel a falling sensation, followed by your body having a sudden spasm.

• Brohoof 10

I saw my eye doctor (I'm not bothered to spell the proper name) about the things on the white wall and they talked to me like I had a sort of terminal disease... but now I know it's something everyone has but never talks about. Thank Celestia!

Has anyone just been doing their thing and then randomly just feel dizzy and see lots of blurry things for a random second, then just blink and feel like nothing has ever happened? I can't exactly explain it but if it's happened to you then you'll know what I'm talking about

There's also that weird falling feeling you get when you are sleeping. I've heard some well crazy things about that e.g you're dying and an angel just dropped you...

And then there's those times when you really need the toilet but you can't go cause you're on a train or something (if you have trains with toilets, I am extremely envious of everyone in your country) and then you just randomly shudder and get goosebumps and everyone stares at you like you have issues

And I don't know if it's something everyone has, or I'm just a really worried person, but that sense of irrational fear that comes to you when you can't remember whether you've locked the door properly or not. And by the way, did you switch off the lights and tap? Did you close the fridge door? Did you even remember the keys?

Yeah.

And I totally hate the times when I bang my toes against things. Even worse than scratching my arm on a sharp table corner.

• Brohoof 7

Hypnagogic jerks.

You're sleeping, right?

Suddenly, you feel a falling sensation, followed by your body having a sudden spasm.

Gets me everytime! The feels man  :(  :(  :(

#littlemomentsinlife

Have you ever hit your toes into a piece of furniture? IT HURTS LIKE @#$&! 

#littlemomentsinlife

Have you ever hit your elbow on to a solid thing and it feels like your elbow has been dilocated but its actually not? IT HURTS A LOT!

#littlemomentsinlife

*dislocated

Damnit! There goes my 0 typos in forums.

• Brohoof 2

I get these like all the time. I have no idea what they are though.

Those are called floaters and they can potentially mean you're having issues with your eyes that need to be checked immediately.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 3

Those are called floaters and they can potentially mean you're having issues with your eyes that need to be checked immediately.

What kind of issues? I asked my mom about them once and she said that they are normal.

• Brohoof 1

Those times were you go into a room to do something, then immediately forget what you were going to do.

What kind of issues? I asked my mom about them once and she said that they are normal.

They are Harmless, and everyone has them. Well, they could potentially be dangerous if you have millions of them floating around your eye, but 3-4 is absolutely normal. I think.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Does anyone else sometimes look at a random word and just think "That word is weird... Why is this word spelled like this? How is it even a word?"

... and then, when you go over it enough times inside your head, the word suddenly loses its meaning, and becomes just a series of consecutive characters that are supposed to make sense somehow, but don't. 

Edited by Amabilis
  • Brohoof 3

Those times were you go into a room to do something, then immediately forget what you were going to do.

They are Harmless, and everyone has them. Well, they could potentially be dangerous if you have millions of them floating around your eye, but 3-4 is absolutely normal. I think.

I have something like 1-10 if there is bright background that I'm watching

... and then, when you go over it enough times inside your head, the word suddenly loses its meaning, and becomes just a series of consecutive characters that are supposed to make sense somehow, but don't. 

I know that feeling it's so weird

• Brohoof 1

Does anyone ever spell a word or see a word repetitively so much that it starts to look strange?

It happened to me once with the word "THINK"

THINK THINK THINK THINK

THINK

THINK

THINK

THINK

THINK

It looks strange to me now.

• Brohoof 4

-You ever fall asleep on a late afternoon, wake up after dark, and you can't tell what goddamn day it is?

This happened to me once. I woke up at 6:00pm and thought it was 6:00am. My mom wasn't home and I got so scared. Then I called her and she told me that it was still Saturday.
  • Brohoof 3

I have something like 1-10 if there is bright background that I'm watching

I know that feeling it's so weird

If you have ten of them or so, then you should probably consider going to a doctor. like i said, 3-4 or around those numbers are fine, but more than that, it could potentially harm your eye. 

• Brohoof 2

Have you ever failed to fall asleep because you could hear your own heartbeat?

How about trying to pick your teeth with your tongue for like 20 minutes because a piece of food got stuck into this ONE spot and you really have to get it out without a toothpick?

Or have you ever found a cockroach napping in your shoe? (This one is annoying as heck, kinda creepy too).

• Brohoof 2

I didn't mean to freak anyone out, but I started having them right when I started having issues with my eyes, so I connect floaters with that completely. Before that I had never seen one in my life.

• Brohoof 2

I didn't mean to freak anyone out, but I started having them right when I started having issues with my eyes, so I connect floaters with that completely. Before that I had never seen one in my life.

When I started getting them I noticed that my sight got worse and I had to start wearing glasses.

When I started getting them I noticed that my sight got worse and I had to start wearing glasses.

Well, to offer something; i had them forever and my eyesight only improved as i grew up.

• Brohoof 1

Hey, there's no need to be freaked out. Trust me you'll know when it becomes an issue. Check it out:

"Eye floaters are spots in your vision. Eye floaters may look like black or gray specks, strings or cobwebs that drift about when you move your eyes. Most eye floaters are caused by age-related changes that occur as the jelly-like substance (vitreous) inside your eyes becomes more liquid."

It is merely an affect of development.

• Brohoof 1

I've never had those floater things. But if I look at a bright light and then look away, I'll still see the lights in the same position relative to my focus. They'll be discolored, like a dark blue, red, or purple negative image. Sometimes I like to close my eyes and just watch the abstract patterns that form and float around in my mindvision. I especially do that at night when I'm trying to relax enough to sleep. It's like looking through a kaleidoscope.

• Brohoof 3

Hypnagogic jerks.

You're sleeping, right?

Oh my god!  That always scares the crap out of me!  I'm so glad to find out its not just me XD

• Brohoof 3