Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why do people dislike The Living Tombstone?

ponytheorist

I personally think his music is great! The reason why some people dislike him is because music is art, and art is subjective to whoever is seeing or hearing it.

• Brohoof 5

"Why do people hate The Living Tombstone?"

Mmmaybe because he's famous?

If you are celebrity one thing is for sure.

YOU'RE GOING TO GET HATE.

I see people ask the same type of question over and over again.

"Why do people hate this celebrity or what do people dislike about this famous person?

The real question is "Why do people hate celebrities?"

Possible jealousy?

Who knows?

Edited by Emerald Starlight
  • Brohoof 3

I'm thinking that maybe there are a lot of people who dislike him because they felt he "sold out", since his new contract forbids him to directly reference MLP characters. But he made it clear that he never left the fandom, and he's still waiting for season 5, and still buys merch just like anyone else. As much as I miss him making pony music, it's his life, his choice what he makes and we all should respect that.

• Brohoof 2

Basically opinions. Everyone has music opinions and what they prefer to listen to. Me personally I don't really like the music. I really don't know why, it's just how it sounds is just a bit "meh" to me.  :dash:

• Brohoof 1

"Why do people hate The Living Tombstone?"

Mmmaybe because he's famous?

If you are celebrity one thing is for sure.

YOU'RE GOING TO GET HATE.

I see people ask the same type of question over and over again.

"Why do people hate this celebrity or what do people dislike about this famous person?

The real question is "Why do people hate celebrities?"

Possible jealousy?

Who knows?

I have a possible guess: "He's everywhere."

They don't want the same boring person to produce everything for them -- they want new or different artists!

• Brohoof 1

If so, then you must be hanging with the wrong crowd of folks of you like him

I don't like his music, but I won't deny the dedicated hard work he put into it, everyone I know as a celebrity I treat them like this

Though I will admit the discord track has been played to death, I don't consider bad to dislike

• Brohoof 1

Probably, most everypony that after The Living Tombstone stopped doing pony music and focused more on gaming songs for FIVE NIGHTS AT FREDDY'S ! Then for some darken strange reason when alicornsions are making bits music that some pony don't like they begin to hate him more ! But with rainboom smile heart would like him if he tried to do songs in his mind for EQUESTRIA GIRLS AND RAINBOW ROCKS ! The same is said for that artist pop singer pony called Laments GAGA with albums like FRAME ,MUSTANSTTUR, PONY THIS WAY AND ALICORN POP!

• Brohoof 1

• 11 months later...

I've never heard anyone hating on him :blink:

I like some of his music, namely Discord and Love Me Cheerilee (which was a collab with The Wooden Toaster) but I personally don't think he's the best Brony musician. I would give that title to Foozogz.

• Brohoof 1

I don't see how you can hate a guy based on his artistic contributions, that's just silly. I'm not a fan of his music, but i respect that he's put time into contributing to the community through it, even thought it may not be my cup of tea.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

FNAF

The four letters that send twelvies to the moon and sane people crying in their couches.

That might be part of it, but it's just mostly people's opinions.

Personally, I hate FNAF.

It's only been around since 2014, already has 4 freaking games, and is overused to the point of nothing being original anymore.

And the fandom? It's just a bunch of annoying, bratty, immature kids who love attention, and conspiracy theories that are supported by little to no evidence, just speculation alone.

Also, is it just me, or is this thread probably gonna start another flame war?

• Brohoof 1

That might be part of it, but it's just mostly people's opinions.

Personally, I hate FNAF.

It's only been around since 2014, already has 4 freaking games, and is overused to the point of nothing being original anymore.

And the fandom? It's just a bunch of annoying, bratty, immature kids who love attention, and conspiracy theories that are supported by little to no evidence, just speculation alone.

Also, is it just me, or is this thread probably gonna start another flame war?

The Poninati is coming to ban this thread

(it's relevant because I made a topic about Minecraft which got deleted for the same reasons)

I had this question for some time now. There seem to be a fair amount of people that dislike music that The Living Tombstone makes. I was wondering why this is. Personally, I really enjoy  his music, so I don't really know why people think he makes bad music

Easy. People have different tastes in music.

I personally don't like his songs because I am not really an electronic music fan (although chip-tune is a major exception)

• Brohoof 3

The Poninati is coming to ban this thread

(it's relevant because I made a topic about Minecraft which got deleted for the same reasons)

Well, what did you expect? Any thread that's solely made for hating on another fandom or starting flame wars usually gets taken down.

Speaking as a musician myself, I can't say that he has bad production values and he clearly puts some effort in his music, from the bit I heard, but I am not a fan of his by and large. Yes, some of it has to do with his popularity, but the bulk of it comes from the fact that all of his songs sound the same and even a track that's not good still gets accolades to the moon. 

His music isn't my cup of tea, even back in 2011 when his stuff was fresh and we haven't heard the "kick-snare-kick-snare" formula he uses for every song. IMO, I think he's massively overrated while other popular fandom musicians (Mandopony) are legitimately talented and well versed in musical styles instead of never going beyond one genre. 

>Too mainstream

>Cheap music compared to other talented, hidden brony musicians

>No improvement on his music

>One of the first to make remixes and songs, albeit the one of the first to hog all those loves

>No originals

This is why I have no interest in this guy, he's just living off the love and fame the fandom are giving him. No offense but this guy is like one of those top celebrities who's just feeding off of our love. At least Justin Bieber did improve on his somewhat, and no I don't follow him. There are lots of great musicians out there or PonyRadio app in play store.

• Brohoof 3

>Too mainstream

>Cheap music compared to other talented, hidden brony musicians

>No improvement on his music

>One of the first to make remixes and songs, albeit the one of the first to hog all those loves

>No originals

This is why I have no interest in this guy, he's just living off the love and fame the fandom are giving him. No offense but this guy is like one of those top celebrities who's just feeding off of our love. At least Justin Bieber did improve on his somewhat, and no I don't follow him. There are lots of great musicians out there or PonyRadio app in play store.

Plus FNAF.

He'll do anything for fame and fortune.

And anything that goes with it.

I thank you all.

I am not sorry.

• Brohoof 1