Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So...how many of us are...single (me)

sailu

I'm single-ish. Kind of married to myself at the moment. >:3

Honestly, I am in the age group to start dating, but I'm just not comfy with dating yet. Not online, nor in real life. :/

I'm VERY selfish at least, if I'm somewhat interested. :P

tumblr_mzxlrgsekw1rrhfnco3_r1_1280_by_mi

Edited by CinnamonPop
  • Brohoof 5

really there are many reason why and I don't have time to list them all but here is a few.  because of the online world most people live in face to face  and things in real for lots of people are uncomfortable things do. I can't tell you how many times I had met a girl and all she wanted to was text me and we lived in the same hood. I like talking but most girls only want to text.

2. most millennial don't want to be in relationship. I forgot why they said(a report on the BBC)

3. people have unrealistic expectations but love,relationship, dateing, and other things. 

I have never kiss a girl but if I liked guys I would be in a relationship because I get along with men better and for some reason guys are always asking me out.(I say thank you but I like woman).

I'm single-ish. Kind of married to myself at the moment. >:3

Honestly, I am in the age group to start dating, but I'm just not comfy with dating yet. Not online, nor in real life. :/

I'm VERY selfish at least, if I'm somewhat interested. :P

Selfishness in girls is one of the biggest turnoffs for guys so I'm glad that you've identified that. Most girls between 13 - 18 can be quite selfish, guys between those ages can be immature, which is why dating at those ages doesn't always mean that you're going to be together forever.

Edited by Rawzy

Never settle. It's important for both sides to be completely happy with each other. You never want to be in a relationship where you constantly think something like "I wish she was hotter but I guess I'll be okay". It's an insult to her as much as it's unsatisfying for you to not be able to give your all to this person because of such reservations.

You always hear people say "looks don't matter" but that's not true for everyone. Some people have very high standards both mentally and physically.

• Brohoof 1

I've never had a relationship that looked like it was going anywhere (and 1 that just the outright wrong person for me) and am also currently single, but having time for yourself isnt such a bad thing

Edited by LyraFan150

As for me, I want to be single my whole life, because I can do whatever I want whenever I want. If a girl had the same attitude as me, it's more than likely that she would need a man to support her. It's easier to be single if you're a guy.

I strongly disagree with this and have seen quite a few counterexamples. Women are just as capable in leading happily single lives, or lives without needing a man, or anyone for that matter, to support them.

Edited by Lady Kiriness
  • Brohoof 6

*raises hoof up into the air* :blush:

nothing to be ashamed about bro, there are a good 20 pages of people in the same shoes, but dw you'll find someone eventually :P (if you want that is lol there have been a coupe of posts about the desire for solitude)

To be honest, I've never really been able to feel a strong connection to anyone.

Occasionally I'll find myself mildly attracted to someone but the feeling never lasts. I've never asked anyone on a date because I've never felt enough of a connection that I would want to.

I do have friends so I'm not some kind of social outcast, but with each year that goes by it seems more and more like dating and relationships aren't for me.

Still stick in the single's camp here, but there is a certain lass who I've had my eye on for a while. Maybe if she actually lets down some guards, I might have a chance with her. I really like her and everything, but I'm not fully certain either of us would honestly work well together, long term. :adorkable:

You always hear people say "looks don't matter" but that's not true for everyone.

I will be the first to admit that I, like so many, have many different prejudices about others based on looks.  I was once told that generally in a romantic relationship, there should be at least one thing you find attractive about your partner.  

Of course, I can see someone having that sort of "looks don't matter" mindset when overtime, mutual feelings of respect and admiration and plenty of happy and deep moments override all the bad that may come in the way.

Edited by Light of Night
  • Brohoof 2

... how to put this "nicely"...

when i was young, i fell in love with the concept of my great grandparents(maried some 50+ years) and how they have been...

and i wanted to spend my life with someone... I tried to find (and I did in some cases) and date (failed) people that my mind, heart, soul told me I could be with them... the years have passed and I am still looking, I don't know if I could easily share my life with someone...

though I have never truly lived alone, I have been alone for a long time...

i never went for the "one night stands", and going through school i was a "missfit".

i have dated (if you could call it that)

"...but i still havent found what im looking for..." -U2-

im not asking "...find me somebody to love..." -Queen-

or "...send me an angel..." -scorpions-?

na, im here to say, If you are single, just keep going... the world may not send you your love, but...

"... A kiss is a terrible thing to waist..."-Meatloaf-

*.... and one of these nights your gonna show me that you already know...* g2g listen to this now...lol

• Brohoof 1

As for me, I want to be single my whole life, because I can do whatever I want whenever I want. If a girl had the same attitude as me, it's more than likely that she would need a man to support her. It's easier to be single if you're a guy.

you'll stay single with that attitude bud im such a huge Anti Feminist and i found that comment offensive.... 

• 5 weeks later...

Broke up like 2~ish months ago. Never had a relationship outside that. Relationships are something I'll never understand, it's just something that's not designed for me, I don't enjoy being emotionally dependant on someone else overall.

Edited by Guest