Banner by ~ Zero

What do you think of equestria girls?

Flutterdashiem

Whats up guys?! Im flutterdashiem and im asking did you like the movie equestria girls? Yes or no? explain why? bad plot good theme... blah blah you know what I mean but anyways ive heard alot of people didnt like it. Tell me what you think! B):derp:

Edited by Flutterdashiem
  • Brohoof 1

Equestria Girls (I assume your talking about the first one) is not that great. The characters all seem......off, the pacing is clunky, Sunset Shimmer is not a good villain and there are plot holes as far as the eye can see. Yet I still enjoyed it, sure it isn't a perfect movie by any stretch but I consider it a guilty pleasure. If its Rainbow Rocks we're talking about I'll say full-heartily that it's a good movie.

• Brohoof 1

EG was, as Sunbutt put's it, a guilty pleasure. Yes, the movie itself suffered many flaws, one of those is Sunny being a bland villain, the pacing, too much exposition, the romance subplot that was just there (but now I love it because of the ridiculous freakouts it still causes :P ). I still watch it everytime they decide to transmit it on TV. Rainbow Rocks on the other one, just one word for it, at 1:16 of the following video

The first was a total mess of 80s cliches, characters that felt off and plot holes the size of Texas. The pacing was really off, with a few scenes giving me narrative whiplash for how quickly they shifted gears. The second, Rainbow Rocks, was significantly better with alot better animation, better written villains, and sunset shimmer actually getting some development. But it did suffer from pacing issues in the 3rd act, and the movie felt significantly smaller with it only really taking place in 4 rooms. But it was miles better than the mess that was the first movie.