Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Franchise(s) You Liked Once But Dislike Now

Castle Bleck

The Simpsons.  Personally, the last few episodes I liked were in season 11, and then the quality of the show really went down the drain.  They seemed to start adopting plot devices from Family Guy, celebrity guests became more frequent, and old plots were reused (how many times did Marge and Homer remarry?).  It's also startling to compare the current personalities of the characters with their personalities back in the show's early seasons.  Homer used to be a stupid but caring family man.  Now he's stupid, loud, and obnoxious.

Family Guy for sure

Futurama and South Park I don't dislike now, but I don't think they're the best shows ever like I did a year or so ago.

I loved Attack On Titan after watching it but having seen other and better amines I don't hold it in as high of regard (fans also overhyped it)

Edited by LZRD WZRD

The Hunger Games. When I first read the series, I loved it. But when I watched the movie and reread the series I fell out of love with it. 

I was also highly obsessed with the Warriors series, but then it got too religious and Mary-Sueish and... weird.
I stopped after the Power of Three arc (I think I read the first book in the fourth arc) so maybe it improved.

Crash Bandicoot. This game was the first game I played, and it is the only series in which I played every game it has to offer. Now I can't stand the unoriginality, the repetitive gameplay and the hideous character designs. The worst game of this series is the original. I haven't played this disgusting game 3 or 4 years ago, and I'm pretty happy about that too.

As for games, I can't stand the console Final Fantasies any more. As soon as I beat 12, I shut it off, and haven't touched any of the newer ones. As for TV shows, I used to like Burn Notice, but I only made it about 15 minutes into season 7 before I had to shut that crap off. Will Miami ever run out of domestic terrorists hanging out in strip clubs?

Everybody Loves Raymond - I actually watched this show for a while but came to absolutely loathe both it and everything else Raymond is in.

The Simpsons - Well obviously.

South Park - I still really enjoy the earlier seasons, but the current stuff is just awful.

House - Was fun for a while.  Then House' love interested secretly brought a secret fiancee to a technical conference and reveal said fiancee just as House was about to express his feeling.  This sort of soap opera crap immediately turned me off to the whole series.

NCIS - I enjoyed this for a while but it just got tiring.  Also Gibbs missed his calling of working as a secret police for a tyrannical government.

R. A. Salvatore's Books - Enjoyed a lot of his work for a while, but just got plain tired of his newer material.

Anything Adam Sandler touches - I actually enjoyed Happy Gilmore when I first say it, but I now despise everything this man has a hand in creating.

Final Fantasy Series - FF6 is one of my favorite RPGs of all time but FF9 just killed the series for me.

Edited by Twilight Dirac

Bones used to be one of those shows I liked, but nowadays I can't even get through a single episode without feeling bored. I'm not sure what it is. I used to love that show.

I guess a lot has to do with the fact that I missed a bunch of stuff at some point and I couldn't really catch up.

Oh well, Twas good while it lasted!  ^_^

Spongebob: Aye matey's it be time fer this show ta walk the plank. Seriously, this show was pretty good starting out and had even some great episodes like the one where they started swearing or the one with the health inspector but now they have dumbed it down to where it is insulting even to Patrick.

Walking Dead: I love it starting out but I don't know it just dosen't seem as interesting as when it first started. I can take it or leave it.

Pokemon: This franchise grew stale and repetitive a LONG time ago, I hear there is a Pokemon anime that is closer to the manga and I might check it out but the main shows are incredibly boring. The same recycled plots over and over again, how has this hung on for as long as it has?

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

When LOK came out, I was like, how about no.

It would be better if Avatar was left alone, instead of first releasing a terrible movie that was hoping it'd become a series (thankfully it didn't) and then making a sequel series?

Meh, I really am not interested. I think it'd be better left alone.

Edited by BreakingJesse
  • Brohoof 1

Naruto

I LOVED that anime as a younger person but now

its just kinda "blah".  Only reason Im reading the

manga is due to its ending in like a month!

I would say Spongebob I loved watching it and when I heard the movies was going to be the ending to the entire series I was pretty sad then they kept making more Spongebob episodes but these episodes were no were close to being as good as the older ones and they kept getting worse and worse so now I never watch Spongebob unless its the ones before the movie