Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Franchise(s) You Liked Once But Dislike Now

Castle Bleck

3 hours ago, Stardust Live said:

Plus she snapped when people were asking if she was okay during Hurricane Sandy and I was shocked at her response

Can you hint at what her response was?

• Halo. Since Halo 4 released, being the MASSIVE letdown it was (and should have been expected to be), I don't see the series really recovering any interest from me... And it being plastered everywhere FAR from helps. Shame because as it stands I'd rank 3 entries among the best games of ALL TIME, most particularly Halo 3...
  • Call of Duty. It's sad to see CoD in it's current state of being bland, generic, and worse with every preceding installment... I remember back in the days of MW2, the franchise was looking really, REALLY solid. MW2 was and still remains the best game in the series (my opinion), COD4 was a really great innovation that (at that time) was the right step for the series, and World at War was decent enough. But since MW3 NOTHING but disappointment and garbage (with the potential exception of BO2) has come from the series. There's a reason it's become as much of a laughing stock of a popular series as Fortnite is a laughing stock of a title...
  • Sadly, Pokemon might get there. Since Generation 8, more and more frustrating things have been unearthed for the series... A massively overrated failure of a mainline title (opinions), PAID DLC that were BASE FEATURES IN PREVIOUS GAMES... If they screw up the Gen 4 remakes, I will be not only be upset, but actually offended (Gen 4 was the best gen, in my opinion) Pokemon was great, but now it's looking increasingly like it's just a golden egg and nothing more unfortunately. A shame because I'd still nonetheless say Pokemon is one of my favorite video game franchises... But the more it betrays my love of it, the more I think maybe it's becoming a shadow of its former self.
  • SpongeBob. Frankly I gave up on SpongeBob after Season 4... Not really much to be said other than IT WAS SUPPOSED TO END AFTER THE FIRST MOVIE, and since then we've been getting episodes that have just been a spitball on the grave of anyone's respect for the series.
  • The Simpsons. Essentially, SpongeBob before SpongeBob... 2/3 of the seasons were mediocre at best, and probably 1/2 of them were garbage. Shame because seasons 2-9 of the show are absolute masterpieces of TV seasons. AND IT'S STILL GOING! SEASON 32 IS COMING OUT IN A FEW WEEKS! Ugh.

I must say I began disliking Nintendo as a whole since WII. I don’t mind the gimmick, but games are what draw me to consoles. Sadly, their respective games weren’t on par with prior generations. Smash Bros Brawl wasn’t better than Melee, same Twilight Princess to Wind Waker. My last straw was Galaxy 2. I’d liked Galaxy 1, despite some flaws most reviews outright ignored. But Galaxy 2 accentuated the problems. Unexpectedly, but happy that Nintendo Switch is here to....

Spoiler

bb5a47401be34cd6797a80f61acbdfd3c989c351