Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are there any episodes of MLP you hate?

Alex Z

I dislike Daring Don't. Its maybe a little silly, but I just can't accept that Daring Do isn't a fictional character in Equestria anymore. I'd be like if I discovered that Hogwarts was a real school. It just strikes me as a bit jarring. 

• Brohoof 2

The only episodes I've ever disliked are Mare Do Well, Mmmystery of the Friendship Express, Simple Ways, Boast Busters, and Hearth's Warming Eve, and still I have to admit that those still have their merits in some way

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 3

I don't think there are any in my eyes that don't have any upsides to them, such as castle-a-mania where even through I didn't like the repetitive writing and other incongruities I still enjoyed getting a glimpse into the ancient castle.

Griffon the Brush off on the other hand did have it's moments where Gilda did nothing but antagonize the characters as well as enrage a fair number of viewers I still feel as though the episode provided great in sight to how pinkie pie deals with someone like that as well as they types of people that surrounded rainbow dash before she moved to ponyville and how that may have helped her become who she is now.

Even equestrian games had it's upsides despite spike's horrid anthem. (I'd have to say that this episode annoyed me greatly at that point and had I not been able to skip over it, it would have made my least favorite list and even now may still be on there if I actually went through and ranked the episodes.) such as how we can begin to see more character definition with him and sympathize with his stage fright as well as how he overcomes it.

• Brohoof 1

I dislike Owl's Well That Ends Well because of the way Spike acts throughout it. His attitude was just a little too self centered.

I think that's just one of spikes traits, kind of like how it is with rainbow dash. Especially how this can be seen in other episodes such as in Secret of My Excess where we see how it's in his nature to be greedy, or in Just for sidekicks where we can see that he isn't truly thinking about the other pets as he is just thinking about his stomach. Besides, he's a baby dragon, children are often self centered because they haven't yet learned to think any differently.

• Brohoof 2

I think that's just one of spikes traits, kind of like how it is with rainbow dash. Especially how this can be seen in other episodes such as in Secret of My Excess where we see how it's in his nature to be greedy, or in Just for sidekicks where we can see that he isn't truly thinking about the other pets as he is just thinking about his stomach. Besides, he's a baby dragon, children are often self centered because they haven't yet learned to think any differently.

Yeah, I think so too. It is partly the reason why I don't often like Spike centered episodes. I don't quite know just how I should feel about his personality.

• Brohoof 2

The only episodes I've ever disliked are Mare Do Well, Mmmystery of the Friendship Express, Simple Ways, Boast Busters, and Hearth's Warming Eve, and still I have to admit that those still have their merits in some way

I'm rather curious, what do you think their merits are? I understand Hearth's Warming Eve's as it contributes to and helps shape the lore of mlp, in fact I've sited it in my timeline, but as for the other 4 I'm curious what they offer beyond small amounts of character development.

• Brohoof 1

I'm rather curious, what do you think their merits are? I understand Hearth's Warming Eve's as it contributes to and helps shape the lore of mlp, in fact I've sited it in my timeline, but as for the other 4 I'm curious what they offer beyond small amounts of character development.

Mare Do Well - The beginning of the episode, a closer look of RD's fear of being along(for more info, look to Stellafera's posts/blogs on the episode)

Mmmystery - Some funny Pinkie moments, good moral

Simple Ways - Spike and AJ in general

Boast Busters - I'll say Trixie even if I don't really like her

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 2

I am going to be chewed out and hated for some of these, particularly the first one. 

Episodes I hate and why I hate them.

1. Sonic Rainboom. Making one character OOC to be an antagonist for the sake of the development of another character is wrong. Especially when said character already had a lot of hate.
  2. Putting Your Hoof Down: Iron Will was able to make Fluttershy a bully when Discord gave up and resorted to using magic? Seriously? I get people would argue that Fluttershy was in the right for all those stuff, except one. If you think Fluttershy was in the right when she bullied her own friends about their purpose of living, you are a terrible person. Rarity and Pinkie didn't do anything wrong. They didn't know Fluttershy would turn into a monster. The lesson was good though, so I will give it that.
  3. Canterlot Wedding: Sorry, but I didn't like that episode. It is mainly because of Twilight Sparkle. Twilight was right, everyone else was wrong. Twilight just seemed so Mary Sue in that episode. She knew "Princess Cadence" was evil while everyone else didn't. She just seemed too perfect. 
  4. Boast Busters: I hate Trixie! Though the main reason I hated the episode was the part when Rainbow, Applejack, and Rarity went against Trixie. Catching an apple from a tree is more impressive than levitating a rope. Making a dress out of a curtain in seconds is more impressive than making someone's mane look hideous. As for Rainbow Dash, I would give Trixie credit since she was able to make a cloud appear. However, striking rainbow with lightning was not right. I'm sorry, but hurting others to prove you are better is wrong. I don't care if it's a cartoon. 

You may hate me for some of the episodes you listed. They are probably your favorite episodes. Go ahead, hate me. But I really don't like those episodes. 

• Brohoof 4

First off, whatever the song art of the dress was on. I liked the song but I can't relate to the theme portrayed in the episode.

Secondly, Daring Don't. I don't quite like the fact that Daring Do is now real rather than fictional, so instead I now pretend that episode was one of Rainbow's many Daring Do fanfictions B)

• Brohoof 2

Power Ponies

Putting Your Hoof Down

Rainbow Falls

The Mysterious Mare do Well

Somepony to Watch Over me

These are common choices...but there is one more I'm just going to have SO MUCH FUN to get hate for...

Magical Mystery Cure

• Brohoof 3