Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Is Nintendo irrelevant?

Lankman

You know why the Dreamcast failed?

Because the PS2 was a GIANT THREAT to it, so the teamed up with Microsoft to help with the console. They released Shenmue as the next big thing (it ate up all of the money) and Sega was pleading to Micro$oft to help with financial support to keep the console alive.

It didn't work.

So, Sony threw them into the failure pit, and Microsoft refused to get them out.

Rephrase that into "Sega pushed them self into the failure pit, Sony put a lid on it and Microsoft saw it was pointless to do anything about it".

Yeah I do, did Mario save the Wii U?, no, it's still selling like shit, Zelda ain't as popular as it used to, the newest Zelda, skyward sword, sold 3 million copies, Zelda usually sells over 4 million copies.

Rephrase that into "Sega pushed them self into the failure pit, Sony put a lid on it and Microsoft saw it was pointless to do anything about it".

Seems legit.

Fillererer

Yeah I do, did Mario save the Wii U?, no, it's still selling like shit, Zelda ain't as popular as it used to, the newest Zelda, skyward sword, sold 3 million copies, Zelda usually sells over 4 million copies.

DO YOU WANT NINTENDO TO DIE?!?!?

WELL YOU CAN JOIN THOSE OTHER GUYS THAT THINK THEY'RE LAME YOU KEEP TALKING ABOUT

I don't want Nintendo to die, I just want them to change, I hate what they have become, they have gone down hill since their new management, Iwata needs to go, or Nintendo will continue down the path to irrelevancy.

I don't want Nintendo to die, I just want them to change, I hate what they have become, they have gone down hill since their new management, Iwata needs to go, or Nintendo will continue down the path to irrelevancy.

Yeah, I got a bit out-of-hand.

They need to realize that you CANNOT have a good console without good games.

• Brohoof 1

Wii U is very underpowered and lacks RAM and GPU power.

And so is every other console compared to PC. Specs don't matter at all, if they can make goods games (which they can, the WiiU has a much better library than both the Xbone and PS4) they'll do fine.

• Brohoof 5

Yes I know that, but they have good games now, and is the console selling?, no it isn't, people want shooters these days, Nintendo doesn't have those, so people ignore them, sad really.

I my country, Nintendo does not exist, nobody cares about them here, and the same is happening in other countries, they are fading out, It saddens me, but all good things come to an end eventually, looks like this gen might be Nintendo's last, if they make a new console, it probably will fail harder than the Wii U since nobody gives a crap about them these days :(

Yes I know that, but they have good games now, and is the console selling?, no it isn't, people want shooters these days, Nintendo doesn't have those, so people ignore them, sad really.

I my country, Nintendo does not exist, nobody cares about them here, and the same is happening in other countries, they are fading out, It saddens me, but all good things come to an end eventually, looks like this gen might be Nintendo's last, if they make a new console, it probably will fail harder than the Wii U since nobody gives a crap about them these days :(

Glad they're still around then, because another shooter is not what I want.

• Brohoof 6

SPLATOOOON

It's like TF2 Better edition

(edited)

Wii U will be fine?, funniest shit I've heard all day.

I don't want a shooter (gorey) but a ton of people want Nintendo to make one, and shooters are the big thing these days, that's why PlayStation 4 is selling well.

Edited by Lankman

If I were to get any third party game that's not on a Nintendo platform, I would get it on PC. Because I will only get a console mostly for the first party games and Nintendo is my favorite when it comes to first party games. So no I don't think Nintendo is irrelevant.

• Brohoof 2

Everyone thinks I hate Nintendo?, I don't hate them, but they disappoint me so much these days, it is getting really annoying and it is really starting to get on my nerves, there management is screwing them up, they need to get younger people with fresh young minds to run their company, they are filled with old people that really need to retire, they need new management to dig them out of this hole that they have dug themselves.

Your one in a million bud, congrats, yay, one person likes Nintendo, hooray -_-

the hate always seems to stand out more than the love.

don't lose hope in Nintendo, not everyone is on the hate wagon.

personally I'm still a huge fan and I know that there are still plenty of others out there.

their not leaving any time soon. 

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely not. 3DS games still pull in big numbers at least(and the system is most people's handheld of choice), and they're doing their best to push big stuff out for Wii U(Smash Bros. for Wii U and Bayonetta 2 will hopefully do well this holiday, both are incredibly impressive games and deserve to)

I mean, yeah, some people can still be ignorant about them, but it's not as bad as it used to be in that department I'll tell ya that... :huh:

• Brohoof 3

Absolutely not. 3DS games still pull in big numbers at least(and the system is most people's handheld of choice), and they're doing their best to push big stuff out for Wii U(Smash Bros. for Wii U and Bayonetta 2 will hopefully do well this holiday, both are incredibly impressive games and deserve to)

I mean, yeah, some people can still be ignorant about them, but it's not as bad as it used to be in that department I'll tell ya that... :huh:

The 3ds is my 2nd fav console

wii u is 4th.

• Brohoof 4

Huh? I don't think they're irrelevant. Sure, they aren't as big as Sony or Microsoft anymore...
But the Wii U is fantastic, and so is the 3ds. The 3ds is probably beating every single other handheld platform in sales.
A lot of people still love Nintendo, myself included.

• Brohoof 3

Oh I so still care. It's the only system I can think to play my Pokémon on, so yep. I love it.

T
As for who still cares about Zelda and Mario?

Ahem. I LIKE Zelda. So me.

Oh I so still care. It's the only system I can think to play my Pokémon on, so yep. I love it.

Ahem. I LIKE Zelda. So me.

That makes two of us. Two in a million, according to Lankman's statistics.

• Brohoof 2