Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who stays up past 3 am?

Discordly Cutiepie

I'm a night person, I'm almost always up till 3 am. In the last year there have only been a handful of days when I was aleep before 2 am. 2 am is pretty much the earliest I get to bed. I'm most productive at night and I'm more comfortable at night. Also a bout of insomnia a while ago skrewed up my sleeping patterns, so even if I was so inclined, I couldn't get to bed any earlier.

This question is a bit odd for me to answer. I get off work at 1130PM EST, so ya, I'm usually up till 3. Between 2003-2013 I was 3rd shift, between the US Air Force and ESPN, so 3 PM was the middle of the day for me. I guess for me to answer this question in the same frame of mind everyone else would, the question would be if I stay up past 8AM, and in which case the answer is hell no, because of work, and I'm just simply not helplessly addicted to WoW, or Final Fantasy, like I used to, when I could stay up for days. 

3am? Needs more 9am Tier. Just kiddin, but I definatly do I can fuel myself off of about 3-4 hrs of sleep a day, no joke. Prefer it that way because I usually have a lot of things I'm doing to pass the time anyway. Also, nighttime is gorgeous, gotta love the mystery of the dark. Watching the sun come up gradually eating the darkness, making it it's hostage until the Moon decides to desrtroy the light every day. The lucky few, the lucky proud.

I have done that quite a few times i love the feeling of just relaxing and watching something being on your own talking to friends who are up or just going on late night walks. Some pretty interesting things happen at night. Your mind starts to flow and you can think and feel hidden by the dark nights... 

but that's just me. I tend to stay up until maybe 12 in the afternoon to 10 am or longer depending on what i have to do that doesn't involve eating.  

Edited by BloodyTeaCups

mostly on weekends I stay up that late pretty much doing nothing, I really hate the idea of wasting the time away when I feel most recreational and ready to enjoy myself. unfortunately I'm only stay up that late responsibly on the weekends, in the summer my sleep schedule used to get so messed up I'd be waking up at 5 in the afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...

Usually at least once a week. Either I'm up past that time talking to my girlfriend and/or I am studying and I reach the point where sleeping would just make me more tired. If I'm up past three, that means I'll be getting less than two hours of sleep that night, since I have to wake up at 5 to workout. At that point there's no point in going to bed, so I turn it into an all nighter. 

I stay up past 3am on a regular basis. Unless I have some big exam or event the following morning, I don't bother going to sleep before that time. During the summer months, I've occasionally stayed up until well past 6am without any noticeable effects (well, other than waking up at 2pm in the afternoon).

Edited by skbl17

I do all the time. I work graveyard shift...back in college I stayed up all night to cram for tests and fill out my sketch assignments.

25 sketches in less than 6 hours for figure drawing...oh lawdy. Why did I wait last minute to do that shit?

• 1 month later...

I sentence I live by during the weekend

"Sleeping is for the WEAK!"

This only applies for me by the way.

I tend to stay up till about 02:30 on weekdays but regularly go over.

Edited by Tempest Shift