Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

In regards to being The Princess of Friendship

Andaasonsan

Interesting conclusion:

If you spend most of your life being totally antisocial and avoiding interaction with others as much as possible, but have just recently come out of your shell and started making friends, apparently you are qualified to be the ultimate authority on all things friendship related.

• Brohoof 4

Interesting conclusion:If you spend most of your life being totally antisocial and avoiding interaction with others as much as possible, but have just recently come out of your shell and started making friends, apparently you are qualified to be the ultimate authority on all things friendship related.

Seems legit. :X

This also means you are privileged with the ability to channel friendship into giant laser beams and double-helix killer rainbows that vanquish villains. Nice perks that come with the job.

Twilight had some damn good connections, too. :want:

• Brohoof 1

Well, come to think if it, she had an element of friendship in her her whole life, even when she was anti-social. I think she was given the title because she rid of her anti-social life completely, and came to realize that magic and friendship not only is a good thing to have, but is dominant to nearly all forces. She is also among 5 others to save the world numerous times.

I honestly cant think of anypony more qualified ;)

• Brohoof 1

That is one of the many things that rubbed me the wrong way about Magical Mystery Cure was the reasoning of "we are going to give you pony godhood because you are a good teachers pet that has friends." That whole episode was full of insults to an otherwise great character but that one was one of the worst because it screamed Mary Sue. I like Twilight don't get me wrong but still that really rubbed me the wrong way and I hope they don't pull anything like that in the show ever again.

• Brohoof 2

Interesting conclusion:

If you spend most of your life being totally antisocial and avoiding interaction with others as much as possible, but have just recently come out of your shell and started making friends, apparently you are qualified to be the ultimate authority on all things friendship related.

If it makes Hasbro money, then it totally is.

That is one of the many things that rubbed me the wrong way about Magical Mystery Cure was the reasoning of "we are going to give you pony godhood because you are a good teachers pet that has friends." That whole episode was full of insults to an otherwise great character but that one was one of the worst because it screamed Mary Sue. I like Twilight don't get me wrong but still that really rubbed me the wrong way and I hope they don't pull anything like that in the show ever again.

Well if you want to get technical, she achieved pony godhood by completing a spell that was so hard that even the greatest unicorn sorcerer in history was unable to finish it.

I'm basically just poking fun in my OP.

Twilight Sparkle has become what she is because she is the protagonist in a Hero's Journey story line. Replace "The Magic of Friendship" with "The Force" and "not having any friends" with "being stuck on Tatooine your whole life" and you've got Luke Skywalker.

• Brohoof 3

Twilight not only got friends, she studied the magic of friendship for a long time, and that way she could use her knowledge to do a lot fo things (you know, like saving Equestria 2 times and saving the Crystal Empire), and then, she could finish Starswirl's spell and become an alicorn.

I actually think that this may have been a good choice.

Think about it. Nightmare Moon, Discord, Sunset Shimmer... Redemption and the ability to change and accept friendship into one's heart has always been a huge part of the series. What better way to solidify that theme then to have the protagonist embrace the magic of friendship and grow and change so much that she becomes the greatest embodiment of friendship?

And not only does it fit the theme, it's a really important lesson. As someone who's changed so much since her lonely, confused childhood, I can really appreciate what FiM is trying to convey.

• Brohoof 2

Realize that Twilight Sparkle became a princess in Season 3, but she didn't become the princess of friendship until season 4.

In Twilight's Kingdom, Twilight finally made the decision that would make her worthy of that title. Twilight, at that time, had all of the Alicorn magic, and was under strict orders from Celestia to hide the power, even going as far as to tell her to sacrifice her friends. When Twilight went against that idea by giving that power to Tirek in exchange for her friends, she proved that she understood that true friendship was worth more than anything, even all the power in Equestria. This is what finally led her to become the Princess of Friendship, not reinventing a spell.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 months later...

Twilight was made the Element of Friendship back in Episode 2 because she was starting to understand about Friendship & saw how with her friends help, she could be more than she was alone.

IMO, Episode 65 was originally intended as the series finale (for financial reasons, it's easier to syndicate shows w 65 episodes).  Hasbro changed their minds & extended the series & there just wasn't time to redo the end (if my math is correct, they would have had to redo 8000 cells, give or take.  Lots of time & money to do that).

So, T became "Princess at Large", so to speak, w Princess just being a courtesy title & no formal territory or responsibilities (like Cadence before she got The Crystal Empire).  Making her the Princess of Friendship is a logical extension of her element.  It means "You've got a castle but still no formal territory, kid."

IMO, Episode 65 was originally intended as the series finale (for financial reasons, it's easier to syndicate shows w 65 episodes).  Hasbro changed their minds & extended the series & there just wasn't time to redo the end (if my math is correct, they would have had to redo 8000 cells, give or take.  Lots of time & money to do that).

FiM does not use cels for its animation. It is 100% digital. It is planned, drawn, colored, animated, and printed entirely on computers.

The real reason was because scripts have to be "locked" in a timeframe about a year ahead of the episode's production. The script for "Magical Mystery Cure", which aired in February 2013, had to have been finished at the same time in 2012, during the airing of Season 2, long before Season 4 was a thought in anyone's minds.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Interesting conclusion:

I am quite jealous of Twily for this actually :P i'm still sat here bein' antisocial