Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv New Filly Funtasia Teaser

Andaasonsan

I wonder if they plan to schedule it to air during the off-season of MLP: FiM?

I hope they won't have it on during the same day, and in time slot, at least.

They'd lose a lot of potential viewers who are already MLP fans, if they did that.

I'll probably give it a watch just for shits and giggles.

Remember guys, just have the lowest expectations possible, that way when you do watch it it won't seem awful.(even if it does turn out that way!) :P

• Brohoof 2

I didn't think it was that. It wasn't that good either, but I think it holds some promise. Honestly though, the animation just looked plain cheap and the walk cycle just looked so awkward to me.

In any case, I'd give it a chance at least.

• 2 weeks later...

You know what would be weird? If this show actually turned out awesome and got a lot of fans too?

We would have to have a debate on if the fans of that show are bronies too or seperate from us entierly. :blink:

Edited by Zoraxe
  • Brohoof 3

Only thing this show has against FiM is that it's CGI, which is awesome.

But no. Just, no.

You know what would be weird? If this show actually turned out awesome and got a lot of fans too?

We would have to have a debate on if the fans of that show are bronies too or seperate from us entierly. :blink:

What would their fans be called? Funtasibros!
  • Brohoof 2

From what I understand, this is based on the toy series of the same name from... Germany?... I think.

I'm not going to judge untill I actually see it.

Yes, I'm surprised I haven't seen Nazi pony jokes so far  :lol: . Anyway, FiM probably motivated the reason this toyline it's getting a movie, but said toyline franchise has been around the latter half of G3 ponies 

I definitely give it a try, just like i did with My Little Pony. Also the Animation seems to be interesting and is something new.

But i have one question, if this is supposed to be a series based on the Simba toyline, why isnt there a simba logo? They are a few studios, but the Simba logo is missing  :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like we have another channel! Previously, we've seen an article suggesting Filly Funtasia will air on Clan TVE in Spain, now there's a Yahoo! Finance article saying Filly Funtasia is coming to Vme TV in the U.S.!

Here are some news at last about Filly.

Edited by Ulrik Raben

• 10 months later...

This is the latest trailer, as far as i know.  It looks like they're really trying to make this thing look as good as possible on a TV budget.  It could be worth  a serious look.

And still, no actual date, eventhough they said 2014 in 2013.

I will hold back my judgement, till i saw the first episode. For now, i just have the same thoughts as i had 2 years ago.

Ripoff through and through

It's true that the Fillies toy line was a European knockoff of Hasbro's ponies back in the day.   To me, the character animation looked more detailed here than in the previous trailers I saw.  I think that's a good sign.  It will be interesting to see weather this show can stand on its own merits.  I'd like to think it could. :)

• Brohoof 2

And still, no actual date, eventhough they said 2014 in 2013.

I will hold back my judgement, till i saw the first episode. For now, i just have the same thoughts as i had 2 years ago.

Ripoff through and through

No denying it's a ripoff, but take note this was around since 2 years before the end of G3. At least it's evident they're trying to make it look good, nut I grew up with simple plot cartoons with a villain/comic relief henchman that make simple plans every episode

Edited by Steve Piranha

I must say that I am intrigued. It has the feeling of G3, though it looks like the character personalities could be a bit more defined than the hollow shells that seem to largely exist (with exceptions) in G3. Generation 3 wasn't that bad in my opinion, and I generally enjoyed it when I saw it, so I think Funtasia could be...fun. :P

• 3 years later...
(edited)

On paper this seems like it would fit in the spot between FIM and Equestria Girls.

Also it looks like Thunderlane and Cherry Jubilee jumped ship.

Edited by Singe