Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

craft I would consider Computer Programming crafting a program :3

Mikhail Gorbachev

(edited)

I am coding in LUA its a really easy and fun coding language (I do know others to) But to answer your question I am using the official LUA ScITE from the LUA website  ----> http://www.lua.org/

And about the technology page... I diddn't know there was one ( I'm not too good at navigating forums :P )

Edited by cookeiman001

I didn't know there was one either until a mod moved my subject. I'm learning to code (apparently I'm just learning whats possible) in javascript before I move on to other C based Languages. Really I wanted to learn coding for other purposes, but I really want to screw around with the code in RPG maker once I learn Ruby.

Lua is a fun language to code with. If you'd REALLY like screwing around with it, and you like Minecraft, search for a mod called Computercraft. It's an awesome mod that lets you apply Lua code in the Minecraft environment. It's really neat.

Anyways, I'm at a stop. I want to learn C# and Java, but I have no time to do it. :v I also lack a teacher and study friends, which apparently make things a lot easier and enjoyable.

• Brohoof 1

Lua is a fun language to code with. If you'd REALLY like screwing around with it, and you like Minecraft, search for a mod called Computercraft. It's an awesome mod that lets you apply Lua code in the Minecraft environment. It's really neat.

Anyways, I'm at a stop. I want to learn C# and Java, but I have no time to do it. :v I also lack a teacher and study friends, which apparently make things a lot easier and enjoyable.

OMG, Computercraft is my fav mod ever!! I have played it alot in minecraft for a while now :D

If you are interested in learning Coding I would recommend codecademy, I've been using it for a while now and its taught me a lot that I can apply to more than just video games, Teaches 6 major code languages including Ruby, javascript and html, even how to code APIs for things such as youtube and twitter.

http://www.codecademy.com

Edited by Hyper
  • Brohoof 4

I'm going through for software engineering in college, it's great to see people having fun with coding. I've had some brief experience with LUA when I played around with an online game that used it as its programming language of choice, but I didn't have any experience with object oriented programming and I got confused. I have a decent handle on python now after going through Codecademy's lessons; I wish it had a wrapper for programming in C or C++ though. That would be really handy for new programmers.

• Brohoof 1

@@Celtore,

ikr, Got a bit frustrated when they did not have lessons for c++ or even c# in codecademy since a lot of programming jobs usually demand c++ knowledge :/

Codeacademy is more focused on web languages and such, because they're easy to teach. C++, on the other hand, demands quite a more work to teach and learn, so most opt to teach it in paid courses. Of course you can learn it online for free, but it's not very easy, because it depends on you and you usually have no-one to support you. (Unless you get a group of 3-4 people. Then it becomes really cool)

Nice coding :) my screen is small and I don't know anything about LUA, so I don't know what your code does :P

I mostly try my hand at Java and Perl (I hate python because I can't find a decent tutorial on it :/ )

And in answer to your question, programming can be an art (like writing beautiful code) or in my case, a hobby, for the time being.

Edited by SeraphStar

If you are interested in learning Coding I would recommend codecademy, I've been using it for a while now and its taught me a lot that I can apply to more than just video games, Teaches 6 major code languages including Ruby, javascript and html, even how to code APIs for things such as youtube and twitter.

http://www.codecademy.com

<3 Because of your post, I can learn javascript without having to pay for a teacher!!! <3  :wub: