Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you like before it was cool?

iceestarz

All this hype on Sunset Shimmer now makes me laugh. I liked her before it was cool to like her. So much talk about how awesome she is only after Rainbow Rocks.

Psh. I liked her the second she was on the 1st EQG. :maud:

What did you guys like before it was cool to like it?

• Brohoof 6

Minecraft.  I was into it from day 1, when it was an under the radar pc only game with a fairly mature crowd.  Now you can't go anywhere without seeing 5 year olds in creeper shirts, kids playing it on their phones in restaurants and what have you.  I played it when the only blocks were grass, dirt, stone, sand, wood, water, and lava.  Those were the days.  Back before they turned it into Skyrim.  I mean, all the additions are great, but I kinda miss the good old days.

• Brohoof 2

At my high school, I though it was a good idea putting pins we got from certain events onto my letter jacket... It seems that everybody else started doing that to :wacko:. It's possible that people did it before I did, but I never noticed it, and so I assumed I started this fad.

Minecraft! I had it since day 1, it was an awesome small community, but then the Xbox version came out and I got screwed.

I also loved Sunset since EQG1 too.

• Brohoof 1

I liked Octavia before it was cool. Now after seeing how underrated wind instruments really are I cast aside Octavia for Beauty Brass. Lol.

• Brohoof 1

There are things I liked before they were cool as well as after. A lot of video games.

I loved playing the cello before everyone jumped off the violin bandwagon.

I'm sure there's other things but honestly I don't pay that much attention to the popularity of things I enjoy beyond where and how I can get a good conversation about it. :lol:

Minecraft! I had it since day 1, it was an awesome small community, but then the Xbox version came out and I got screwed.

I also loved Sunset since EQG1 too.

I tried getting into Minecraft once. I got really bored, I like adventurous RPGs more. :P

It's hilarious that after the first EQG people were like "ew sunset, she needs to die. Worst character ever." And then Rainbow Rocks came out and they're like "omg she needs to be in the show she's so awesome."

I've liked sunset shimmer since EG1, but I didn't think that a lot of people hated her. (and now I want to see even more of her after RR)

there were a few "trends" me and my friends started last year at our school. we had this class that had computers in it and we didn't do anything in the class so the teacher let us get on them, and my friend found this game called "Tanki online" and we started playing it and at the end of the week we noticed everyone in the class was playing it, and one of my friends had driver's ed later in the day, and when he wasn't driving he'd return to that classroom and play it, and it kinda spread from there and we had a lot of people playing it to the point were we all started having tournaments.

Even by the end of the year, I finished one of my classes so I'd go in and play.

I liked Pokémon before and during the time it was cool, and even when no one else I knew thought it was cool anymore- now the large majority of people in my age group play it. Who's laughing now? B)

• Brohoof 1

ur mum

heuheuheuehueheuheuheueheuheueheuh

inb4 ban lol.

But the whole "internet culture" in general, as I was participating in it before all those msnbc specials and fox news runied it will all the new fiends.

• Brohoof 1

I liked Sunset in EG1, I love her now though.

I liked Taylor Swift before she became a megastar, I bought her debut for $5 from Walmart when it was first out :lol:

I liked Sunset in EG1, I love her now though.

I liked Taylor Swift before she became a megastar, I bought her debut for $5 from Walmart when it was first out :lol:

She was a decent character in EQG1 but I think rainbow rocks just reinforced how awesome she is.

I friggin love Taylor :P I liked her when she first came out but I didn't ever make it out to seem like I did cause my sister liked her and yeah I didn't wanna look like a copycat? Idk, sounds stupid, but I was in elementary school sooo. A lot of people complain about her going pop, but I love her songs regardless.

Nothing. I like stuff after it's cool. Case in point: 

I like rock and metal( AC/DC, Metallica, Queen, Nirvana) from before I was even born

I like Call of duty... Black Ops

I'm still catching up on Doctor Who and Breaking Bad.

Adventure Time.

I was one of the first to watch it back in 2010. And I saw the premiere. I saw teaser trailers of it back in late 2009 and I thought it was going to be a weird, lame show but when I watched it, I was surprised that it was unique and not like any show I've seen before. Usually from a show with a large fanbase, I don't watch it until I hear about it in public but for Adventure Time, I was there on day one. Granted I'm not as crazy about it as it was back in 2010 and 2011 but I still like the show.

I don't think I've ever liked anything beforw they were cool, I've hated a lot of things after they were cool though. The only thing I can think of is The Witcher. I talked all of my friends ears off about it for months before giving up. Then when The Witcher 2 came out all anyone could talk about was how great it was.

Edited by Sonicwing